AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s exactly correct. The thought he’s trying to express is clearly that they responded in four minutes.

No it isn't. Listen to the whole answer.
The question was about why it hasn't been solved. Sheriff is saying one of the main reasons they haven't solved it is because they don't have a lot of evidence since the perp was in and out so quickly.

He goes on to say "If I'm in your house for 25 minutes I'm bound to touch something, leave a fingerprint, DNA, shoeprint, whatever. If I'm only in your house one minute today, ya know, I'm not going to leave much evidence. So, you know, that might be part of it."

His entire answer is about how the perp wasn't in the house for very long. I don't know how it could be more obvious.

But, everyone is entitled to change how they feel or what they think about the evidence as more information is revealed. He most likely believed what he said each time he said it. LE being flexible is a good thing.
He's a cop, he should be speaking in fact, not putting information out there because he feels like it.

I hear it as:

"We have to realize they were probably only in that residence for four minutes. Or you know, we were there within four minutes, they were gone."

I don't think this reveals anything new. I think he worded it awkwardly, even incorrectly if you choose to go that far with the interpretation. For now, I am choosing to take it in this way: they are pretty sure that this crime occurred in very quick fashion, maybe even within a four minute time frame.

Agree. Just very poorly expressed, imo.

You have to listen to the question he is answering, and then listen to his whole answer. The question he got was asking why the case hasn't been solved yet. His answer is basically saying that the crime happened so quickly that there wasn't much evidence left behind. There's no twisting of his words or interpretation to be made, that's just what he said.

The question was about why it hasn't been solved. Sheriff is saying one of the main reasons they haven't solved it is because they don't have a lot of evidence since the perp was in and out so quickly.

He goes on to say "If I'm in your house for 25 minutes I'm bound to touch something, leave a fingerprint, DNA, shoeprint, whatever. If I'm only in your house one minute today, ya know, I'm not going to leave much evidence. So, you know, that might be part of it."

His entire answer is about how the perp wasn't in the house for very long. I don't know how it could be more obvious.
Bingo!

how would anyone even know as fact how long was in the house? it isn't like they punched a time clock when they were in and out and it isn't like 911 was called to say no one is here yet, all they know is from 911 call Incident was already in progress and whoever it was was gone when LE got there. that is unless there is a whole lot more than the info we know.

To give the man credit, that’s a long interview and he doesn’t have a stack of notes in front of him. I’m very impressed, he’s immersed in this case.

He seemed uncomfortable after he said "for four minutes". Then it seemed he just expanded on that thought. His complete answer left me thinking he does believe it was quicker than some of us had thought.
moo

You have to listen to the question he is answering, and then listen to his whole answer. The question he got was asking why the case hasn't been solved yet. His answer is basically saying that the crime happened so quickly that there wasn't much evidence left behind. There's no twisting of his words or interpretation to be made, that's just what he said.
Not only did it happen quickly, but also "they" were out of there quickly.

how would anyone even know as fact how long was in the house? it isn't like they punched a time clock when they were in and out and it isn't like 911 was called to say no one is here yet, all they know is from 911 call Incident was already in progress and whoever it was was gone when LE got there. that is unless there is a whole lot more than the info we know.

He just means he thinks the crime started very close (like probably within a minute or so) to when the 911 call was made, and the person was gone by the time LE got there.

So where does the splintered chair fit into the grand scheme of things? The killer wasn't defending himself, was he? Or... was he????

Denise is running away. Bullets can miss their mark especially when the target is moving. Do you have any idea on where the chair fits into the grand scheme of things? I'm sincerely curious. And, no, I don't think the killer was defending himself.

short of a camera or security panel what would time stamp it? I am NOT saying I think there was either, I do not think there was either, I see nothing that could even maybe time stamp a start time.

Excellent point. I can't come up with any way they'd have an exact time frame...

Sooooo RE: the 911 call
sounds like sheriff is saying that the commotion on the phone indicated that either James and or Denise were alive...then four minutes later officers arrived... they are now deceased- that's how I'm reading it

And the statement 'I think when we find Jayme we will find who was at the house'
bizarre statement: shouldn't it read: 'when we find the perp(s) we will find Jayme' ???
Whether she is alive or they lead LE to her body....

It's almost as if Jayme is the suspect they are searching for, and she has an accomplice who is an afterthought..
Now: I'm assuming this is simply poor choice of phrasing....they are admitting they cannot 100 percent rule out Jayme but they still say no reason, at the same time, to think that she is involved....puts that weird press conference with the aunt, dog & frappucinos into perspective though...hmmmm (not that I think Jayme is involved...possible, but unlikely all the same)

Weird weird....

not reasonable to be nail gun. killer didn't bring a aircompresor with them. we know a gun was in the house, does that not seem the most reasonable, that it was what we know was there and would have the ability to cause the damage? moo

I was talking about the damage to the chair, not the people. While it seems likely the chair was damaged in the struggle, we don't know that and it could have been from some time ago.

I get it now. I thought was being said that during the crime a nail gun and I was like oh my things are getting wild now.
I know, I thought that too! You all know the Dewalt Nail Gun Assault Rifle is a joke, right? Lol! Thanks for the chuckle!

Attachments

• 35F88AFE-1374-449B-8C07-AD03E69A70C9.jpeg
    35F88AFE-1374-449B-8C07-AD03E69A70C9.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 31
He's a cop, he should be speaking in fact, not putting information out there because he feels like it.

He can change his mind as often as anyone else can and still be speaking in fact, imo. As he learns new facts.... that will change what he says or how he says it. He's just a person like anyone else whether he works in LE or not. He can change his mind and his thoughts will evolve as he learns new things.
ETA; Also, Jayme is still not a suspect so his original statement was a true statement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member