AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presuming the father was killed at the beginning, if his body was still very warm, blood hadn't started drying, that could indicate a few minutes vs half an hour. Or the smell of gun smoke hadn't dissipated, despite the open door. Maybe someone was heating a snack in the microwave and it was still hot. There could be any number of things.
Good post!

No substantial evidence or leads now? What is it, 2 or 3 weeks?

This is really beginning to scare me, with the recent abduction of Hania as well. Is the United States this unsafe now? What do people need to do to be safe?

The little pink fuzz looks like the feather pieces that fall off of those feather boas that younger girls usually have for dress up .
I'm sure LE knows that, what do you think?
It looks to me like the wood is splintered, but I can't see an object in it. It looks like someone took an ax to it. I don't know much about bullets and what the damage would look like but to me it looks like it was struck by a bullet and it got lodged near the end of the splintered wood on the underside of the chair. Jmo

Jumping off of the fine image work by SharonNeedles, Mr. Stew volunteered and we re-enacted the position of how chair could have been hit by bullet in a defensive position. I would say the chair we used looks identical to Closs chair. Red circle is where bullet hit.

Beautiful presentation. He has star power and charisma!

Sharon Needles description resulted in a decision that the weapon was a handgun.

I think a lot of people in rural Wisconsin have a rifle and a shotgun. I think a handgun is more unusual.

I know some people will argue a handgun is used to finish off an animal.

To me, a handgun is for killing people.

Is the kind of gun described by Sharon one people carry comfortably or is it large?

It’s actually safer than ever to be a child today according to this article from 2015.

There’s never been a safer time to be a kid in America

Article from three years ago, using statistics two years earlier. That is five years removed from 2018.

Plus, I have never been fond of relying on statistics for anything, having seen how cherry picked and manipulated data is logged...I have done it myself.

The real evidence is based on current events and factual evidence. I believe based on home invasions, abductions, increased violence in society, that things are worse now than ever.

Sharon Needles description resulted in a decision that the weapon was a handgun.

I think a lot of people in rural Wisconsin have a rifle and a shotgun. I think a handgun is more unusual.

Is the kind of gun described by Sharon one people carry comfortably or is it large?

State hits 300,000 mark in number of concealed carry permits · The Badger Herald

Many people own handguns. I myself have several and know a lot of people who own them. It really isn't that unusual in my opinion.

Mr. Stew carries a .38 or a 9mm everyday. Not bulky usually concealed in his waistband. No one would ever know it was there.

9mm, .380, .40, .45 are all common-use concealed carry handgun calibers. (I carry a 9mm Walther PPQ).

I think seemingly sweet/innocent kids are often the ones who can have the most surprising online activity. Take it from me. When I was a teenager, I was shy, quiet, and a teacher's pet. My online activity would have shocked anyone in my real life circle - and this was before smartphones, back when forums and chats were primarily used. Still, my parents had no idea of my online activity. Today, it's even scarier, since there are hundreds of apps available for teens that adults don't know about. They're always coming up with something new, and it would be impossible for law enforcement to track some of that unless they're able to access every single device Jayme has used, and even then, it can be difficult.

Ultimately, I don't think her online activity is the reason for her parents' murder and her disappearance - I truly don't, because it rarely is the reason. It's always the first question asked, but it's rarely the case. Could she have been talking to someone online who was 19? Sure. Girls her age are often talking to other teens with similar interests, and she may have formed a close-knit relationship with someone on an app. What's scary is my boyfriend's 7-year-old niece is on some of these apps, and she has "friends" of all ages. Online dating/relationships are so frequent among teens these days. They're usually harmless (of course the select times they're not). Online activity rarely solves disappearance cases from the cases I've followed over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE