AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and therein lies our problem. What you say is just as logical as almost any other scenario we can come up with. How I wish something would break so we could grab up just a few more pieces to this puzzle. I bet in the long run, we'll take all our scenarios and all of us will be able to say we came up with a little something that was right. (If we ever learn what happened.)

I've been reading up on adolescent kidnappings. The good news is most escape, are found/rescued. What most victims endure in the meantime is horrific.

Many victims are enticed using deception. Killing the parents is very rare.

One common thing I'm starting to notice, the perps sometimes appear in court for unrelated charges while holding the victim in captivity, and perps friends or family know and don't say anything. I won't be shocked if it turns out that more than one person was involved in Jayme's case.

There is a country song called "What was I thinking?" about a young man who takes off with his date while the dad is after them....I guess that would make sense in this scenario....But to actually kill all the family members? That's going too far IMHO

Sneaking out to see your boyfriend has been the subject of songs, poems, and stories in the United States since the 1700s, long before Dierks Bentley sang about it. There are Appalachian folk ballads that came over from the British Isles that talk about this. It's a story probably as old as time. The Romeo and Juliet tale is one of the most popular topics of lyrics and stories. Mostly it's just something fun and innocent. This crime doesn't feel like that at all. If someone who was interested in Jayme or, for the sake of argument, WAS secretly dating her, did this then there were most likely nefarious issues from the very beginning on their part. One doesn't go straight from "I have a crush on this girl" or "She's going to sneak out tonight to make out with me in my car" to slaughtering her entire family and abducting her.

I've been reading up on adolescent kidnappings. The good news is most escape, are found/rescued. What most victims endure in the meantime is horrific.

One common thing I'm starting to notice, the perps sometimes appear in court for unrelated charges while holding the victim in captivity, and perps friends or family know and don't say anything. I won't be shocked if it turns out that more than one person was involved in Jayme's case.

I have a tendency to agree that this may be someone on the periphery as you suggested it might be. I can't imagine anyone who actually knows the family as a unit or who hopes for Jayme to have a close relationship with him killing the parents. No matter who did this, Jayme would never be able to have a relationship with him after what she saw that night and adding to that, if being held against her wishes now. This is why I worry about her so much. How long will she be kept alive and is she already gone... there really are worse things than death.

The red orange 2004 Chevy Monte Carlo found in OshKosh is made by GM.

Nothing backed into driveway, the mobile FBI camper parked nose first.

Chair analysts here mention an axe, but LE reported multiple rounds. Was that based on casings or amount of injury?

Sheriff reported perp(s) were believed to be there for 4 minutes and did not leave much DNA.

Could pink fuzzball on chair indicate female was sitting in chair near the time it was struck?
View attachment 154953
What pink fuzzball? I can't see the picture that well. Is it near the splintered wood?

So many theories it boggles my mind, and I keep changing my ideas too.

From the sheriff's interview he indicated non-local, although he then added it could be local. So, I'll take not local. He said targeted, then backtracked, so I'll take targeted. No comment to a Jayme boyfriend. Could it be? Sheriff thinks Jayme is alive; seems her aunt also felt this way. Is she? The sheriff said the department was looking west of Barron toward Turtle Lake. He didn't want to give away info, but he may have given subtle clues.

The changing schools is standing out to me. That is tough for a teenager that age. Starting over? Why? And no, I don’t buy caretaker explanation
Unfortunately that's all we have to go on. But I think someone did some research and found that the other school had more to offer. But if her aunt had to pick her up on a regular basis from school events than I can see why they would have requested the move. Apparently it does not cost money to attend out of district in Wisconsin. Jmo

Those are good points but they all assume the killers came to the house with the intent to kill, and that they behaved rationally after they were there. If it was some kind of emotional situation, or conflict, or disagreement that escalated, the behavior might have escalated rapidly and without logical thought.
But whoever it was came to the house with a gun. They must have had some idea they might have to use it with lethal effect. This case just freaks me out. Smdh.

But whoever it was came to the house with a gun. They must have had some idea they might have to use it with lethal effect. This case just freaks me out. Smdh.

While I DO think they went there with the intent, if the perp was someone who regularly carried a gun anyway then a possibility exists that they did not go there with the idea of violence. (I happen to think they did go there with that intent, but I am also not ruling out the possibility of it being someone who always carries a gun on them. I have a concealed carry permit and I regularly have mine with me.)

Duncan talked a lot, IMO. He wrote a blog on his own website ("The Fifth Nail", a religious reference) partly to advocate for his "type": Disenfranchised pedos, ex-cons, childhood abuse/molestation victims, etc. He moved around a bit, lived in a few different states. He is thought to have continued to commit his crimes even while on parole conditions.

Here's a link with citations: Joseph E. Duncan III - Wikipedia

Ugh, Horror. So it could be a guy like this from anywhere

They might be somebody who normally carries a firearm in their vehicle, in a handbag or backpack, or on their person.

If they ran out to the vehicle to get it, maybe James wasn't answering the door, maybe he was trying to lock it before the person(s) got back.

The one thing that I was thinking is that she (and I so hope this is true) is hiding/being held somewhere and the boy who broke into her house and stole her clothing was trying to get her a change of clothes or something. I did mention this on another forum but nobody thought that held water. I'm very lost on this page and there may be a discussion I've not seen, but does anybody consider that a possibility?

I really appreciate Sheriff Fitzgerald trying to answer questions that are circulating online, like about whether it was a random attack or if Hania Aguilar's abduction was related.

I get that he doesn't have all the answers and some things can't be shared right now but he seems to want the public to know as much as possible.

Anyway IMO the linked article is worth reading. Apologies if it's already been posted - I've been out sick all week and am still playing catch up in the cases I'm following.
Investigators regroup to review leads in Jayme Closs mystery

The one thing that I was thinking is that she (and I so hope this is true) is hiding/being held somewhere and the boy who broke into her house and stole her clothing was trying to get her a change of clothes or something. I did mention this on another forum but nobody thought that held water. I'm very lost on this page and there may be a discussion I've not seen, but does anybody consider that a possibility?

It is very cold there. He was not stealing warm clothing

I can’t buy into the 19 yr old Bf thing at all. If LE knew or know of a potential bf that Murdered 2 people and took off with her. They would have an APB out with his picture plastered all over.

I still feel like it was someone they knew or someone that lives locally.

He has a history of similar behavior. In August he broke into an empty home, the people were moving out, came back to get belongings and found him in their home wearing their 16 yo daughters dress and tank top. If the police say they cleared him, that's good enough for me.

Edit, link added: Man charged after breaking into Closs home

Sadly, I truly believe Jayme is gone. I think someone had an issue with the family and they were targeted. I think someone banged on the door shortly after midnight and when Jim got to the door, words were exchanged through the closed door and it was kicked in and Jim was shot. Then the intruder found Denise and shot her and somehow Jayme ran outside. I think the intruder followed her outside and shot her (the two shots the neighbor heard). He went back into the home where Denise was wounded and had tried to call 911. He found her, killed her and left. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe they'll find Jayme close to the home over the next few months.

Jayme's blood would be in the yard if that happened, along with other evidence like shell casings, and LE would have seen it. LE says that she was kidnapped alive for a reason. She may be deceased now but she was not shot in the yard. IMHO.

No. The boy in question was a creepy young man who was stealing her underwear, etc. I believe he was arrested by police at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member