AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought no guns were found in home? Were they taken with Jayme?

That's what was reported, yes: no *weapons found in the home. They have not said to my knowledge if there were firearms taken/missing.

*I'm not sure of the exact terminology used, ie: guns, firearms, weapons, etc.
I usually use the term: firearms.
LE often use the term: weapons.

That's what was reported, yes: no *weapons found in the home. They have not said to my knowledge if there were firearms taken/missing.

*I'm not sure of the exact terminology used, ie: guns, firearms, weapons, etc.
I usually use the term: firearms.
LE often use the term: weapons.

I also wonder about if there were guns in the home prior to (what is looking like and IMO) a straight out attack of gunfire.

Also, I wanted to take a moment to thank all the sleuthers here for the Q&A from so many of us with no gun experience at all in helping understand the damage to the chair. It is much appreciated, and you know who you are.

What were the perps like as “people”. Cannot use that term for them

Duncan talked a lot, IMO. He wrote a blog on his own website ("The Fifth Nail", a religious reference) partly to advocate for his "type": Disenfranchised pedos, ex-cons, childhood abuse/molestation victims, etc. He moved around a bit, lived in a few different states. He is thought to have continued to commit his crimes even while on parole conditions.

Here's a link with citations: Joseph E. Duncan III - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Boy you said a mouthful. Eating dinner, showering, sleeping. Just living your life who in the world expects their front door to be crashed in and you and your wife murdered and your young daughter kidnapped.
Who does that?

I think probably it is someone who has no value for the life of other people, like a sociopathic sort. That is what is troubling the most in thinking about where Jayme could be now.

I also wonder about if there were guns in the home prior to (what is looking like and IMO) a straight out attack of gunfire.

Also, I wanted to take a moment to thank all the sleuthers here for the Q&A from so many of us with no gun experience at all in helping understand the damage to the chair. It is much appreciated, and you know who you are.

If I had a similar chair, I would take it to my range tomorrow and test some theories. Although,I'm not sure what good it would do other than quench my curiosity.

But, when the sheriff was recently interviewed, this came up. His response was, "No comment."

other ways that some young teens/adults use to communicate online to be more anonymous it's not common but being in IT and parent also kids hide things FBI can certainly track most of them down but makes it much more difficult Signal chat app is one that comes to mind

I think probably it is someone who has no value for the life of other people, like a sociopathic sort. That is what is troubling the most in thinking about where Jayme could be now.

This is why I think of them as a heavy drinker; drowning their sorrow and misery in alcohol. Deadening their inhibitions. Sensing nothing left to lose. Holds the world (innocents, itself) in contempt.

Duncan talked a lot, IMO. He wrote a blog on his own website ("The Fifth Nail", a religious reference) partly to advocate for his "type": Disenfranchised pedos, ex-cons, childhood abuse/molestation victims, etc. He moved around a bit, lived in a few different states. He is thought to have continued to committed his crimes even while on parole conditions.

Here's a link with citations: Joseph E. Duncan III - Wikipedia

I followed that case from the beginning, and when Shasta was found, did take a look at his blog. It’s been several years ago, and I know this is OT, but Duncan denied having any issues toward children throughout his blog, feeling he was being persecuted.

I’ll tie this to Jayme’s case by saying whether or not the perpetrator(s) had any priors of abducting children, there could be some similarities with Duncan. Something to think about, as Duncan was most definitely an outsider to a small town, but was watching for an opportunity.

That’s why I do think the cars from the press conference are important and should not be dismissed... and perhaps the investigators do need more time to make sure of the make and model. Sure wish they would release the images of the suspected cars because the public could help.

No substantial evidence or leads now? What is it, 2 or 3 weeks?

This is really beginning to scare me, with the recent abduction of Hania as well. Is the United States this unsafe now? What do people need to do to be safe?

Well, if the recent killings are any indication, you don't go to an elementary school, to a high school, to a work facility, to Las Vegas, to church or synagogue, to a post office, to a nightclub or country-western bar, to a military base, to college, to a MacDonald's, to a movie theater, maybe not even a grocery store. After this crime, you can't be safe in your own home.

I think the 911 call was made after the father went to the front door and was shot. IMO

You know, my original theory based on the information at the time, was Jayme and her mom, Denise, went to a birthday party, and dad was at work. I pictured him working second shift, with no evidence to base that on, but a theory.

New information can shift the thinking of how the crime happened in a second.

It does look more likely James was home when the crime started. Still not sure, but leaning that way.

I do wonder about the damage to the front door, in the same way we discussed the chair last night.

Well, if the recent killings are any indication, you don't go to an elementary school, to a high school, to a work facility, to Las Vegas, to church or synagogue, to a post office, to a nightclub or country-western bar, to a military base, to college, to a MacDonald's, to a movie theater, maybe not even a grocery store. After this crime, you can't be safe in your own home.
And never answer the front door.

I don't know of any lists.
I know the day of the week is the same. Time of day similar.
But Duncan used firearm to gain compliance, but they died of blunt force trauma according to the autopsy,and were bound/tied up.

Edit for spelling.

That's an extreme difference from the Closs case. There is a world of difference between shooting a person and choosing to tie them up and beat them to death when a firearm is at your disposal. This method of killing is so much worse... so sickening.

True. Has anyone wondered why would the Closs family move an 8 min drive away from their previous home in Cameron to follow the caregiver? It is pretty extreme to move down the road and have a teen switch schools due to a caregiver . Jayme is 13. How much longer will she really need a caregiver .
Although I’m sure the aunt was a great caregiver , I’m due she didn’t monitor Jayme’s every move. Jayme could have had a lot of time to be on SM. We also know nothing in regards to where the aunt lived , did she have other teens around etc..
So, Did they just recently move to the house where they were killed?

After the Sheriffs comments: I am leaning toward someone they know or at least would recognize coming to the door @ 12.30....maybe they yelled, threatened & fired off a couple shots.

They went back to their car, maybe sat there for a bit or maybe even drove away & came back

When they came back up to the house & started kicking in the door - James/Denise knew it was serious & Denise was poised to call 911
Accounts for shot neighbors heard plus the commotion of a crime in progress on 911 call

Also possible Jayme was visited by her 'boyfriend' secretly & were discovered....
Or she was caught coming home after sneaking out....

Another poster said Jayme seems 'nice' etc
She can be sweet & nice & still have a 19 year old boyfriend - & even if she does have a boyfriend she can still be victimized by this man....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member