AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely any DNA would be fast tracked in a case of this magnitude, and especially because there is a missing 13 year old, like you said.

DNA has been mentioned, but the nature of it not specified.
Yes, indeed...
'There isn't a lot of evidence here': Investigators regroup to review leads in Jayme Closs mystery

One of the many articles I probably missed. It doesn't say they have DNA evidence from the crime scene. But then why take samples if don't have evidence to compare them to?

And while I'm on this article, I noted that the sheriff is asked about a 19 yo boyfriend and he says he had no comment. (Sorry if this has been posted before, but like I said, I've missed a LOT!) If that question and answer doesn't add fuel to the BF rumor I don't know what will!

You know, I don't have a problem in the world visualizing how this crime went down. I can see it all pretty clearly in my mind...loud noise at the door, James goes to check it out, Denise is close behind. James flips on the porch light and then all hell breaks loose. Door kicked in, James shot, Denise runs , gets shot, possibly barricades herself in the bathroom, with Jayme if there was time to grab Jayme, or alone if there wasn't time. Suspects break through the bathroom door, sees that Denise has called 911, they grab Jayme and bolt.

A lot of speculation in there, I know, but it all makes perfect sense to me. What DOESN'T make a damned bit of sense to me is why this happened and who could have done it. THAT I simply can not wrap my mind around. Unless it was a random home invasion...but if that were the case, could the suspects not get into a locked gun safe, or could they not find cash , or did they actually find something of value to them in the home (prescription drugs, unaccounted for money , etc.) that LE isn't aware would even be there ? THIS is where I seem to lose my way in this case. The who and the why. :(

Of value to a robber was left behind, guns belonging to James Closs (and more than likely, bullets). In WI guns are unregistered, difficult to trace. They resell well and bring $$$.

I’d like to know where James’ guns were located as many owners have gun safes.

This is a Probate case (estate) The GAL is appointed for the estate of James Closs ... not Jayme.
There is also a Probate case for Denise as well.

:oops: ah, oh. I always think of "Guardian ad Litem" to mean a child advocate. Someone to represent the interest of a child/minor/unable adult. That makes sense; they are not able to advocate on their own behalf. :( Thanks for clearing that up!

Of value to a robber was left behind, guns belonging to James Closs (and more than likely, bullets). In WI guns are unregistered, difficult to trace. They resell well and bring $$$.

I’d like to know where James’ guns were located as many owners have gun safes.

I guess, if anything, it points to robbery wasn’t the motive. Maybe.

Parent bank accounts, company 401ks, IRAs, mortgage payments, property tax, utility bills, insurance proceeds, vehicles, house; all issues require short and long term action and resolution. Either for Jayme if found alive or others if she is found deceased or not found (years).

A will(s) would make the process easier and less costly to the estate.
Not to mention that unless a will specifically states someone can do what ever they want with the money being an executor or being court appointed comes with responsibilities.

:oops: ah, oh. I always think of "Guardian ad Litem" to mean a child advocate. Someone to represent the interest of a child/minor/unable adult. That makes sense; they are not able to advocate on their own behalf. :( Thanks for clearing that up!

I do think it is important for the family to get guardianship worked out, and watching them in interviews, it seems any one of them would do a good job. Look how they cuddle dog Molly. No doubt legal advice will be followed up on, if and when Jayme is found alive. Hoping.

If motivation was to steal contents in Closs home, possibly the most valuable items in the house were the guns and they were were left behind.

* Intruder wasn’t there for them
* Intruder didn’t have time to take them because of the (unexpected) 911 call
* Intruder didn’t have combination to get into safe (assumption there was one) because he/they killed the guy who knew it (JC) or they ran out of time (911 call).

I’m of the mind that if there was a gun safe and if stealing one of the most valuable things in the house was the motivation, (two big ifs and discounts the most valuable, Jayme), James would not have been shot upon immediately.

I don’t believe whoever did this was there to steal household items / guns. Just a heads-up on value. Gun retailer, popular in WI and pricing . . . Used Rifles For Sale | Gun Library : Cabela's

Agree. Wouldn't Jayme's name appear on the forms if it was about guardianship?
... minor child..
Yes, and that isn't usually public information. States may vary as far as law but they all tend to protect anything having to do with a minor. The only time I have seen public information on custody of a minor is prior to an adoption when by law (in my state) a request for anyone laying claim to custody of the child is put in the legal news.

Yes, indeed...
'There isn't a lot of evidence here': Investigators regroup to review leads in Jayme Closs mystery

One of the many articles I probably missed. It doesn't say they have DNA evidence from the crime scene. But then why take samples if don't have evidence to compare them to?

And while I'm on this article, I noted that the sheriff is asked about a 19 yo boyfriend and he says he had no comment. (Sorry if this has been posted before, but like I said, I've missed a LOT!) If that question and answer doesn't add fuel to the BF rumor I don't know what will!
Not sure if you have watched the DrydenWire interview? I think the sheriff addresses some of those issues.

not to be sick but I don't know how else to say it, if she turns up half alive she needs guardians in place that instant not a week latter.

Emergency court orders petitioned for by family member(s) or hospital attorneys would take care of this. No guardian need be in place for a minor to receive emergency medical care.

If motivation was to steal contents in Closs home, possibly the most valuable items in the house were the guns and they were were left behind.

* Intruder wasn’t there for them
* Intruder didn’t have time to take them because of the (unexpected) 911 call
* Intruder didn’t have combination to get into safe (assumption there was one) because he/they killed the guy who knew it (JC) or they ran out of time (911 call).

I’m of the mind that if there was a gun safe and if stealing one of the most valuable things in the house was the motivation, (two big ifs and discounts the most valuable, Jayme), James would not have been shot upon immediately.

I don’t believe whoever did this was there to steal household items / guns. Just a heads-up on value. Gun retailer, popular in WI and pricing . . . Used Rifles For Sale | Gun Library : Cabela's

Agreed, and because of the unknowns, robbery cannot be ruled out. On the other hand, the door was breached possibly by gunfire, Jim was shot down, and Denise was shot soon after. (Meaning if stealing items like guns was the motive, these suspects seemed to have plenty).

IMO, the intruders had one thing on their mind, and it seems to me, a job.

Maybe it was to get the guns, or other valuables. It just seems looking at the pictures from the house after the crime, this was a little house, with pumpkins outside. Not a targeted house for burglary. If there was an item of interest, why not break in and find it while no one was home?

Again... there were thoughts about the holiday season, and a certain innocence too, with the pumpkins in the front of the house.

Motive is the missing clue, and if this crime is ever solved, it may seem impossible to believe the killers saw such a little issue as such a big issue murder had to be involved. IMO.

I will add I am still unsure of the location of Jim’s phone. That might be a clue.

Some interesting new details (BBM):

The phone from which the call was made lay on the floor inside
the modest, taupe-colored home.

"The phone isn’t near anyone so I don’t know if it got kicked," Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald of Barron County told Fox News on Tuesday. "It was closer to Denise than to James."

"No one talked on that call and we don't know who made it. We heard voices but we can’t make out what was said," he said, adding that it sounded as though the call was made in a room separate from the commotion.

"We do believe Jayme was home at the time the call was made," Fitzgerald noted.

Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder

Wouldn’t the caller have left fingerprints on the phone?
Then LE would know who made the call.

not to be sick but I don't know how else to say it, if she turns up half alive she needs guardians in place that instant not a week latter.

Minor children can receive emergency medical treatment without a parent or guardian present under the principle of implied consent. Care can be initiated for life threatening conditions, injuries, or illnesses for the minor child without waiting for the court to appoint a guardian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow