AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think it is odd to kick in the front door when you could have walked to the side of the house and broken the glass doors? It would have taken a lot less effort to shoot it or throw something through it.

Sneakier to come through the front door and quite effective, too. Smashing that glass would cause, imo, both James or Denise to call 911 immediately upon hearing such a sound and James or Denise could have possibly armed themselves if they had a bedside table weapon.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted yet...I check back every couple of days but not following along with the discussion as closely as without any new info the thread seems to be sort of looping on itself, with old ideas being new. Anyhoo...

Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder

A couple quick hits I see that I believe might be new info:

-James had guns in the home, all are accounted for (police still not saying what type of gun was used)
-Phone used for 911 call was found on the floor, but not close to any bodies, 911 call sounded like it was from another room from the disturbance
-Article states door carried away looking like it was covered with bullet holes (if it's true, that would answer the question of where the shots came from and how James was shot most likely)
-Birthday party was at Denise' sister's home at 4pm, across town
-Jayme's cell phone was found in the kitchen plugged in to an outlet (I'm assuming charging)

I believe some of these details are new, if not, carry on! All IMHO, of course.
BBM
How did this happen? Call 911, drop phone and run?
If Jayme made the call, this might have been when they snagged her too, causing her to drop or throw the phone or maybe they took it from her and tossed it. Maybe they just kicked it from where it was originally too. idk.

Last edited:
Last night I had an unexpected knock at my door at 10:45pm. Based on my own reaction, I’m wondering now if I’m envisioning the initial door breach slightly wrong...

Similar situation, kids are in bed asleep. Wife and I are both awake, she’s in one room reading and I’m in another room websluething. The knock was an urgent knock, not necessarily real hard knocking but about 10 rapid knocks. I definitely felt the sense of urgency.

Although I own plenty of weapons, because the surprise and sense of urgency I went to the door unarmed. It’s fair to say I did not feel a threat but instead felt someone was desperate for me to hurry up and get to the door. When I got to the door I did not just immediately open it, nor do I think James would. I turned on the porch light and stepped to the side so I could look out the window to see who was at the door before opening it. I did not recognize the two people at my door, and at that point I did get uncomfortable. But I still did not retreat into the house to arm myself, not exactly sure why. I guess I needed to know what these guys want before I feel the need to defend? Instead I went to the door with my hand at the door knob and hollered through the closed door asking who’s there.

I can totally see that’s exactly what James did. He turned on the porch light and went to the door, and I guess in a sense answered the door as I did, but did not open the door. At that point they kicked in the door and shot James who was standing right there.

I totally agree with your assessment. My husband told ne he would do that exact same thing. Who were your visitors?

Could have happened that way. Perp could have been a small fellow who couldn't kick hard and needed to rely on what he'd seen done on TV shows to get the door open. I'm skeptical, but it's possible.

A lot of people think they are Rambos so I can see Mr. Tough guy coming in with his big rifle . Shock and awe.

The kicking in seems so arrogant.

OT: A community local to me just this week had officers on school buses to crack down on violations. I had never heard of that and wondered if it is just a short-term solution. The incidents in that community had escalated to the point that something drastic had to be done. A child was killed a couple of hours away in our state the same week that other states had similar tragedies. (22 year old guy went around the bus while was stopped.) I am assuming that in this case, they are radioing the make, model, location and tags if possible.

It is interesting as I got some different people on my FB asking to sign a petition to increase penalties for those that violate school bus traffic rules.

Another poster on here had posted a law that said several states had instituted a rule that school buses have cams that can get the license plate of offenders.

Why do we care abouf school bus cameras? Because I was wondering if they had them and there was any video of comsistent cars while Jayme is getting on or off the school bus

Given the lack of progress within the scope of the Closs family normal routine, local usual suspects, tips, cars on video, electronics... I am wondering if the Closs family, specifically Jayme, was anywhere unusual just recently. I am thinking about annual events where total stranger pervert might have seen her and developed an obsession.

- Barron County Fair, Rice Lake, WI, July 18-22, 2018. (looks like so much fun, even a Catholic prayer service)
Events/Judging Schedule - BARRON COUNTY FAIR — RICE LAKE, WISCONSIN

- Oktoberfest is huge in WI with 40% of the population claiming some German heritage. Events run in September and October, here is a link to the large ones. In nearby Chippewa Falls, the Oktoberfest draws 14,000-16,000 people and was held Sept 15-17, 2018, at the North Wisconsin State Fairgrounds.
Oktoberfest in Wisconsin 2018 - Find WI Oktoberfest Dates & Locations

- There are other Fall Festivals and early Halloween public events.

- There are also apple events. Fall is the time of year to visit farms for a bucket of apples, eat fresh farm-baked apple pie; also not just pumpkin season, but all sorts of squash grown in WI.

The problems with a public event encounter are that neither Jayme nor her parents or other relatives may have noticed she had attracted a stalker; that if DC or Jim did notice, they are gone and cannot explain; if Jayme had some creep try to talk to her, she is missing and cannot tell anyone. No ID necessary at such public venues so that's a needle in a haystack -

except one place I can think of

which are the many, many private and public shooting ranges all over WI.

We now know that Jim did own hunting rifles that he kept in the home and they are accounted for.
Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder

IDK but it seems to me that hunters planning for annual deer season would want to go out and fire some practice shots, warm up their guns, clean them, buy ammo. I wonder if Jim was in the habit of doing this every Fall, Sept-Oct. I wonder if he would go with a male relative or close friend or hunting buddy, fun weekend afternoon doing 'guy stuff'. I wonder if he took Jayme with him this year thinking she was now old enough and big enough to learn to shoot and importantly, to learn about gun safety. There would be a lot of general public people at a range, strangers, maybe a pervert saw Jayme there. The one good thing is that ranges typically require ID so that if anyone gets shot or other accident, they know exactly who was present.

I wonder if LE has asked the family-friends-coworkers if Jim took Jayme to an outdoor long gun shooting range for the first time just recently, and if so, has LE checked out the people who were there at the same time. We know the Unsub is comfortable with guns, able to kill, maybe a hunter.

Thanks MsBetsy.

I know many hunters and gun enthusiasts and they are all serious about hunting, guns and shooting. Deer hunting is seasonal, but it’s not seasonal for the majority of deer hunters. They typically plan all year long, with food plots, stands, trail cameras, etc., I guess what I’m trying to say is there’s a big difference between hunting animals and hunting humans.
jmo

This makes me believe more than ever the call was placed by Jayme when the murderer was distracted... in the middle of murdering Denise at the time.

Jmo

I also believe Jayme was the one who made the call. I think she was hiding somewhere (in a closet maybe) when she called 911. She didn't speak to the operator because she was afraid the perp(s) would hear her. When she was discovered she could have dropped the phone on the way out, especially if she was being dragged or carried out.

How come the police had to call a school liaison officer to determine Jayme lived in that home? Wouldn't the neighbours have known that? That made me wonder - what time exactly did the cops go speak to the neighbours who heard what they thought were gunshots or a car backfiring? Did they wait until daybreak to speak with them?

The school persin would have access to all kinds of info such as who to call in an energency. Who is authorized to take a child from school. Neighbors would not know

Barron County Sheriff's Department | 11/15/2018 9:28am (CST)

Nov 15, 2018

This case remains the #1 priority in Barron Co and across the nation. We continue to follow up on leads, expand and view our recovered video from the area and explore all digital evidence. We continue to partner daily with the FBI and DCI agents on the ground and across the county.

As hunting season opens on Sat we ask that hunters report anything suspicious such as clothing, weapons or anything you think it just not right on your property. Also
remind everyone to have a safe hunt and good luck to all the hunters.

While 30 days has past, there is still hope in this department on this case and the community support and prayers that we have been given continues to fuel our drive and determination to bring Jayme home.

Thank you all for your support and prayers and again there is a tip out there that will solve this case and bring Jayme home.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

46425899_2453918724624814_8418083132191801344_n.png

This makes me believe more than ever the call was placed by Jayme when the murderer was distracted... in the middle of murdering Denise at the time.

Jmo
If Jayme was in another room, away from the perp, making a 911 call, why wouldn't she say something? I believe that James was shot at the door followed by Denise seconds later. I believe the perp suspected both were dead, but sometime during the ensuing 20 minutes Denise was able to get to her phone and dial 911. When the perp re-entered the main room and saw Denise gone, he found her and disconnected the call.

How does LE know all guns are accounted for? To me its safer to say all known guns are accounted for. There are many guns in this world that are not registered to their actual owner. Many are sold person-to-person and the buyer doesnt register them. Nothing sinister or sneaky in most cases, it just happens. My guns are all registered, but even if they werent, when I thought about it, I dont know that anyone, even my family, actually knows what or how many I own, except what I use for work?

“The phone from which the call was made lay on the floor inside the modest, taupe-colored home.

"The phone isn’t near anyone so I don’t know if it got kicked," Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald of Barron County told Fox News on Tuesday. "It was closer to Denise than to James."“

Snip

“Fitzgerald would not say whether the killer shot through the door but local news footage shows investigators carrying it away from the scene -- covered with what looks like bullet holes. Fitzgerald confirmed to Fox News that the door was undergoing forensic analysis. He also would not elaborate on the type of gun used in the crimes, citing the sensitivity of the investigation. James Closs kept hunting rifles inside the home but all have been accounted for.

"There’s not a lot of physical evidence," he said. "We took the door and anything that they [the killer] possibly could have touched."“

Given the lack of progress within the scope of the Closs family normal routine, local usual suspects, tips, cars on video, electronics... I am wondering if the Closs family, specifically Jayme, was anywhere unusual just recently. I am thinking about annual events where total stranger pervert might have seen her and developed an obsession.

- Barron County Fair, Rice Lake, WI, July 18-22, 2018. (looks like so much fun, even a Catholic prayer service)
Events/Judging Schedule - BARRON COUNTY FAIR — RICE LAKE, WISCONSIN

- Oktoberfest is huge in WI with 40% of the population claiming some German heritage. Events run in September and October, here is a link to the large ones. In nearby Chippewa Falls, the Oktoberfest draws 14,000-16,000 people and was held Sept 15-17, 2018, at the North Wisconsin State Fairgrounds.
Oktoberfest in Wisconsin 2018 - Find WI Oktoberfest Dates & Locations

- There are other Fall Festivals and early Halloween public events.

- There are also apple events. Fall is the time of year to visit farms for a bucket of apples, eat fresh farm-baked apple pie; also not just pumpkin season, but all sorts of squash grown in WI.

The problems with a public event encounter are that neither Jayme nor her parents or other relatives may have noticed she had attracted a stalker; that if DC or Jim did notice, they are gone and cannot explain; if Jayme had some creep try to talk to her, she is missing and cannot tell anyone. No ID necessary at such public venues so that's a needle in a haystack -

except one place I can think of

which are the many, many private and public shooting ranges all over WI.

We now know that Jim did own hunting rifles that he kept in the home and they are accounted for.

IDK but it seems to me that hunters planning for annual deer season would want to go out and fire some practice shots, warm up their guns, clean them, buy ammo. I wonder if Jim was in the habit of doing this every Fall, Sept-Oct. I wonder if he would go with a male relative or close friend or hunting buddy, fun weekend afternoon doing 'guy stuff'. I wonder if he took Jayme with him this year thinking she was now old enough and big enough to learn to shoot and importantly, to learn about gun safety. There would be a lot of general public people at a range, strangers, maybe a pervert saw Jayme there. The one good thing is that ranges typically require ID so that if anyone gets shot or other accident, they know exactly who was present.

I wonder if LE has asked the family-friends-coworkers if Jim took Jayme to an outdoor long gun shooting range for the first time just recently, and if so, has LE checked out the people who were there at the same time. We know the Unsub is comfortable with guns, able to kill, maybe a hunter.

Thanks MsBetsy.

Jayme does not have any pics of her first deer hunt, does she or pics of her going with Dad?

Her pinternet is looking at fingernails and puppies. That does not sound like hunting interest.

The attack could have taken place in less than a minute. As James went to see what was up at the door (heard them opening the storm door) Denise went to the kitchen to get her cell phone.

The door is breached and James is shot.

As Denise is furiously dialing she is shot in the kitchen. The call goes through but she has already fallen.

Without noticing the perp goes to Jamye’s room. The muffled sounds of the perp grabbing Jayme are heard on the 911 call.

When they leave he notices the phone and disconnects before stepping over James on the way out.

Sounds like a pro. IMO
Can you imagine Jayme having to step over the body of her father? I have never even thought about that until reading your post.
Is it possible she was asleep when the attack happened and they found her in bed?

Jmo

I only have a minutes phone I keep in my purse . I have to make an effort to keep it charged as I forget. Cell phones are not part of my life so I have no thoughts on them..

Where would Denise keep her phone at night, do you think? Would this be something Jayme knows ?

“"No one talked on that call and we don't know who made it. We heard voices but we can’t make out what was said," he said, adding that it sounded as though the call was made in a room separate from the commotion.“

This is one thing I wish they'd clarify that wouldn't harm the investigation one bit; what kind of voices?

A male voice? A female voice? Multiple voices of mixed genders? Multiple voices of same genders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member