AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it’s logical that Denise made the call, since it was her phone.

However, upon reflection, I think it is *possible* that Jayme made the call if her mother gave her the phone and told her to dial 911 and stay very quiet (maybe while JC is at the front door) and then Denise went to back up her husband/protect her daughter.

Then the murderer could have shot Denise on sight, went to Jayme, saw that she was on the phone and took it, hung it up, threw it on the floor and left the home with Jayme.

That could fit with what we know.

moo.
There was no mention of hearing shots in the 911 call log. If shots were heard the call log would reflect that and the way the call would have been dispatched would be different as well - the Emergency Response Team (ERT) would have been dispatched right off the bat. Zero chance that dispatchers would send officers into a shots fired call without telling them. So, any shots fired had to be before and/or after the call but not during the call.

In regards to the full-glass storm outer door, obviously it was opened prior to shooting or glass would have been shattered. Did perp(s) open it to knock on the wood door prior to shooting? Do most storms stay open on their own or would the perp(s) have to hold it open while shooting at the wood door?

I don't know the answer to your question, but the storm door being intact is the one thing that makes me think there was more than 1 suspect. If you have a screen door or a storm door, go try to hold that door open while you kick the main door (that's what I did). While it isn't impossible, it's incredibly awkward, and I wasn't even trying to put any force behind my kick. If I were actually trying to kick the door in while holding the screen door open, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Which, of course, is not to say that 1 suspect couldn't wedge the storm door open with something and then kick the main door in, but I don't seen anything from the photos that would indicate that there was an object that could have been used as a door stop to keep that door open.

Just some random thoughts, I really don't have the first clue.

Neighbors heard two shots (discrepancy in timeline). But bullets were “riddled”. That should have been heard too. Hmmm. I originally thought the door was kicked in, James is killed with a single shot, then Denise was too. Fitting in with what the neighbors heard.
"Riddled" suggests more than two, that is why I'm thinking shotgun shell. I posted an image yesterday of a door that was it with a single shotgun blast and it could be easily mistaken for multiple rounds.

Me too. And I feel like its either going to be a complete random stranger to the Closs's, or a complete shock of someone they knew but that no one ever expected. Otherwise I feel like these families were close enough, and even people at work who knew them, that someone would be suspect in their minds by now. moo.
There haven’t beeen any locals on here chiming in. Like I’ve seen in other cases.

Was there a mention of that door being open? I doubt the person would have bothered to close it behind themselves while carrying a screaming teenager.
who says she was screaming? She could have had her hands tied up and her mouth gagged, while being lead out to a vehicle, for all we know.

I get the feeling they were fairly strict with Jayme's phone. It was found charging in the kitchen, which is a little odd because most kids keep their phones on their bedside tables. This tells me the parents had very stringent phone rules, or there was an issue and her parents initiated a phone curfew.

Just because the phone was in charging in the kitchen may not mean the parents kept that tight of a reign on it. It may simply be that Jayme plugged it in there sometime during the evening, and simply left it there, intending to pick it up the next morning.

That's part of the problem with this case. Most of the details can be understood in more than one way.

Re-posting as separate post in hopes of an answer.
Can anyone tell me if the dog that can be seen in DC's last family interview is Jaymes? There is a beagle looking dog and a dog that I think is Molly but it's body is shaved. Is that Molly?

"Riddled" suggests more than two, that is why I'm thinking shotgun shell. I posted an image yesterday of a door that was it with a single shotgun blast and it could be easily mistaken for multiple rounds.
I saw that picture, so that was one shot, I see. So there should have been at least three heard...but from the image of the door I posted yesterday the door doesn’t look shot. It looked kicked in. Everything I google is saying the front door was shot. Except the initial 911 call log from the first officers on the scene, he says door was kicked in. I’m sticking with it being kicked in. Evidence being 911 call log and images of the wood front door.

There was no mention of hearing shots in the 911 call log. If shots were heard the call log would reflect that and the way the call would have been dispatched would be different as well - the Emergency Response Team (ERT) would have been dispatched right off the bat. Zero chance that dispatchers would send officers into a shots fired call without telling them. So, any shots fired had to be before and/or after the call but not during the call.

Good point. So perhaps the shots were fired before the call. I still think the same scenario could apply if Jayme made the call.

Otherwise I really don’t see the how or why she can make the call from her mother’s phone.

I really hope they get a tip. That child is out there somewhere. I don’t think they have much and are running on fumes at this point.

moo.

I don't know the answer to your question, but the storm door being intact is the one thing that makes me think there was more than 1 suspect. If you have a screen door or a storm door, go try to hold that door open while you kick the main door (that's what I did). While it isn't impossible, it's incredibly awkward, and I wasn't even trying to put any force behind my kick. If I were actually trying to kick the door in while holding the screen door open, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Which, of course, is not to say that 1 suspect couldn't wedge the storm door open with something and then kick the main door in, but I don't seen anything from the photos that would indicate that there was an object that could have been used as a door stop to keep that door open.

People have mentioned there is that device at the top to keep it open. But the door would not be open that wide.

There is no running start. Just stand there and do it. I figure they must have practiced.

Last night I had an unexpected knock at my door at 10:45pm. Based on my own reaction, I’m wondering now if I’m envisioning the initial door breach slightly wrong...

Similar situation, kids are in bed asleep. Wife and I are both awake, she’s in one room reading and I’m in another room websluething. The knock was an urgent knock, not necessarily real hard knocking but about 10 rapid knocks. I definitely felt the sense of urgency.

Although I own plenty of weapons, because the surprise and sense of urgency I went to the door unarmed. It’s fair to say I did not feel a threat but instead felt someone was desperate for me to hurry up and get to the door. When I got to the door I did not just immediately open it, nor do I think James would. I turned on the porch light and stepped to the side so I could look out the window to see who was at the door before opening it. I did not recognize the two people at my door, and at that point I did get uncomfortable. But I still did not retreat into the house to arm myself, not exactly sure why. I guess I needed to know what these guys want before I feel the need to defend? Instead I went to the door with my hand at the door knob and hollered through the closed door asking who’s there.

I can totally see that’s exactly what James did. He turned on the porch light and went to the door, and I guess in a sense answered the door as I did, but did not open the door. At that point they kicked in the door and shot James who was standing right there.

You and I are on exactly the same page here, Needles. Like I said, we are gun owners. I can not tell you how many times we have heard a racket on our front porch in the middle of the night. Never once did we ever grab a gun. Like you, we turn on the porch light, wait a few seconds to listen for the noise a second time and assess, and then open the door to check things out. Maybe we are unusual in that because we live in a National Forest and the racket has always turned out to be wildlife in the past, but I don't think that kind of response, even for gun owners, is at all unusual. No one expects for their front door to be violently kicked in.

JMO

who says she was screaming? She could have had her hands tied up and her mouth gagged, while being lead out to a vehicle, for all we know.
Even if they took the time to tie her up and put tape on her mouth why would they bother to turn and shut the door behind them as they left. The front door was open when the cops got there. If they saw James' feet it could also mean he was laying next to the door and not in front of it. It seems like the cops used the side door to go in and out at first so maybe they didn't find any evidence there.

After looking at this with fresh eyes, this still sticks out to me for some reason from the 911 dispatch logs:

10/15/18 02:08:50 - responding officer advised individuals driving by multiple times were asked to leave.

IIRC, it was 2 females??? Who was it and why would they even be anywhere near a crime scene less than an hour after the event at 2 am on a Sunday night??? That still seems suspicious to me.

After looking at this with fresh eyes, this still sticks out to me for some reason from the 911 dispatch logs:

10/15/18 02:08:50 - responding officer advised individuals driving by multiple times were asked to leave.

IIRC, it was 2 females??? Who was it and why would they even be anywhere near a crime scene less than an hour after the event at 2 am on a Sunday night??? That still seems suspicious to me.
Me too but someone claimed the girls were relatives. Still who lets a couple teens go driving anywhere at 2 am?

This made me laugh that you actually tried to kick your door in. Didnt you just have surgery?!?! Be careful!! :eek:
I wish we knew more about both doors actually. But if the storm door was swung open hard enough, it could have broken to the point of not swinging closed. Or it may not have ever swung closed. I also think there was some adrenaline behind this situation which can also provide strength and ability that one normally wouldnt have. jmo.

Think it's possible Denise had been shot but was capable of making 911 call...she is in another room from James/perp(s)

She didn't say anything, didn't want to alert perps - at this point she is 'playing dead'....she hears perp(s) coming back toward her..disconnects call

Perp(s) witness this - she's on the floor - they kick or throw the phone away....grab Jayme (who maybe was told to sit on the chair, and was restrained - not necessarily to the chair, but had hands tied, etc..) and flee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me