AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they took the time to tie her up and put tape on her mouth why would they bother to turn and shut the door behind them as they left. The front door was open when the cops got there. If they saw James' feet it could also mean he was laying next to the door and not in front of it. It seems like the cops used the side door to go in and out at first so maybe they didn't find any evidence there.

I only suspect that they left via the patio door to avoid walking back through the house. I don’t think it really matters if the door was left open or closed.

This crime was boom, boom, grab, leave. One pass through the house. If it was planned, and planned to leave minimal evidence, that would be one way to do it.

moo.

I don't know the answer to your question, but the storm door being intact is the one thing that makes me think there was more than 1 suspect. If you have a screen door or a storm door, go try to hold that door open while you kick the main door (that's what I did). While it isn't impossible, it's incredibly awkward, and I wasn't even trying to put any force behind my kick. If I were actually trying to kick the door in while holding the screen door open, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Which, of course, is not to say that 1 suspect couldn't wedge the storm door open with something and then kick the main door in, but I don't seen anything from the photos that would indicate that there was an object that could have been used as a door stop to keep that door open.

Just some random thoughts, I really don't have the first clue.
BBM
This x 1000! I'm going into assault mode with a weapon in my hand, hold a storm door open and kick in a wooden door all while standing on a relatively small porch space at the top of some steps???? whaaaaaaat….doesn't make any sense in that scenario (one person).

Does seem hinky: two girls at 2 am driving by repeatedly....have to wonder how the heck they knew a crime occurred-?
Another poster said they were relatives..(never heard that before)...
so stands to reason they overheard parents, etc. talking - knew what had occurred and decided to sneak out...

ETA also possible, relatives or not, they are out cruising around (whether parents know or not) and see all the cop cars, ambulance, etc. & naturally curious they are wondering what has happened

I saw that picture, so that was one shot, I see. So there should have been at least three heard...but from the image of the door I posted yesterday the door doesn’t look shot. It looked kicked in. Everything I google is saying the front door was shot. Except the initial 911 call log from the first officers on the scene, he says door was kicked in. I’m sticking with it being kicked in. Evidence being 911 call log and images of the wood front door.
I haven't seen an image of the wood door. I did hear that images weren't that clear but that a reporter, who may have gotten a close look, said it was riddled with bullet holes. In the article that accompanied the image I posted yesterday showed how the shotgun blew clear through the door and embedded into a wood panel about 5 feet away. So a shot going through the door could theoretically have killed James, with the second shot mortally wounding Denise.

I think I am losing my mind! After reading last nights posts asking about a 2nd door that was removed I have been searching high and low because I could swear a second door (from the side of the house) was discussed, picture shown, many threads ago. Does anyone recall this or have I lost it? Tried the WS search but I'm doing something wrong because it's only showing me results from this thread. TIA
@Mountain_Kat ?

BBM
This x 1000! I'm going into assault mode with a weapon in my hand, hold a storm door open and kick in a wooden door all while standing on a relatively small porch space at the top of some steps???? whaaaaaaat….doesn't make any sense in that scenario (one person).
It was broken in, so not necessarily kicked. He could have just put his shoulder in to it.

Exactly. A sweet, quiet, shy girl would not be hard to subdue, especially one who was terrified, which she surely must have been.
Plus she just witnessed or was in the same location as the murder of her parents so shock would have set in and you have a perp with a gun in front of you who almost assuredly is physically larger. There are almost no factors in play here of someone who would struggle or fight back. Regardless if abducting Jayme was the target or not, that was likely the easiest part of the crime for the perp.

Does seem hinky: two girls at 2 am driving by repeatedly....have to wonder how the heck they knew a crime occurred-?
Another poster said they were relatives..(never heard that before)...
so stands to reason they overheard parents, etc. talking - knew what had occurred and decided to sneak out...

ETA also possible, relatives or not, they are out cruising around (whether parents know or not) and see all the cop cars, ambulance, etc. & naturally curious they are wondering what has happened
But within an hour of the crime?? How would anybody already know.....nobody "knew" yet, not even the neighbors who heard the shots. Cruising there at that late hour just still seems suspicious to me.

JMO

Have to admit girlhasnoname: getting weirded out too...
I didn't realize these gals were cruising @ at 2 in the morning when I'd previously read about it: I just assumed it was the next day or some such.
Because this does open the door to them knowing something was up: but how?
It is quite possible they knew someone had some plan: maybe they decided to go cruise by and see if 'so & so' did what they said they were going to....
hmmmm
JMO

But within an hour of the crime?? How would anybody already know.....nobody "knew" yet, not even the neighbors who heard the shots. Cruising there at that late hour just still seems suspicious to me.

JMO
I said the same thing several threads ago. The police actually stopped them and told them to stop driving by.

After looking at this with fresh eyes, this still sticks out to me for some reason from the 911 dispatch logs:

10/15/18 02:08:50 - responding officer advised individuals driving by multiple times were asked to leave.

IIRC, it was 2 females??? Who was it and why would they even be anywhere near a crime scene less than an hour after the event at 2 am on a Sunday night??? That still seems suspicious to me.
They are identified in the call log. The name of the 18 year old female is given and the initials of the 17 year old female are in the log.
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

They are likely to be people that had been travelling on US 8 and saw all the police activity and wanted to see what was going on or they had heard something was going on via a scanner and drove over to see if they could see what was going on.

Have to admit girlhasnoname: getting weirded out too...
I didn't realize these gals were cruising @ at 2 in the morning when I'd previously read about it: I just assumed it was the next day or some such.
Because this does open the door to them knowing something was up: but how?
It is quite possible they knew someone had some plan: maybe they decided to go cruise by and see if 'so & so' did what they said they were going to....
hmmmm
JMO
In all likelihood there were a lot of flashing lights and they were simply curious.

Is it really doable to just shoulder your way in while also holding the screen door open? I can't picture it. JMO
People think doors are strong. They are not, especially on a house like the Closs's. Its generally only a half inch of deadbolt sticking in to a drilled hole on the door frame. One good shot will break apart the surrounding wood and you are in.

Yes, but a 17 year old and 18 year old at 2am on a Monday morning......

Also, another poster said they were relatives....(now, as I previously posted they may have heard about this from family - when were her relatives called??)

What teenage girls have a scanner they are glued to at 2 am Monday morning??

Eh.

I figure LE has examined this.....doesn't mean they can't lie though
JMO

They are identified in the call log. The name of the 18 year old female is given and the initials of the 17 year old female are in the log.
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

They are likely to be people that had been travelling on US 8 and saw all the police activity and wanted to see what was going on or they had heard something was going on via a scanner and drove over to see if they could see what was going on.
Any info on the male listed? Was he a passenger? I don’t see a vechile for him. That’s her brother.

Yes, but a 17 year old and 18 year old at 2am on a Monday morning......

Also, another poster said they were relatives....(now, as I previously posted they may have heard about this from family - when were her relatives called??)

What teenage girls have a scanner they are glued to at 2 am Monday morning??

Eh.

I figure LE has examined this.....doesn't mean they can't lie though
JMO
Who said anything about a scanner? At that age, possibly coming home from work? Think McDonalds cashiers or restaurant staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lxzycxlm