AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that OBE but i can't imagine anyone just casually opening their door at 1.00 in the morning to someone who was kicking the door in and possibly shooting bullets at it as well.

Unless they recognized who it was, family member, neighbor, coworker, boss, employee, a police officer (fake uniform) or a family friend.

I get the feeling they were fairly strict with Jayme's phone. It was found charging in the kitchen, which is a little odd because most kids keep their phones on their bedside tables. This tells me the parents had very stringent phone rules, or there was an issue and her parents initiated a phone curfew.

Her parents may have also been diligent about checking her cell phone activity, hence the search for any other devices in the home (burner phones, maybe?) early on to see if she had another one for more private conversations?

When we heard of the male neighbor's arrest, that was a face palm moment for me because it was the very first time I had even considered the idea that the suspect(s) was able to get away so quickly because they might have lived very close to the Closs home.

Not saying I suspect this particular neighbor (although honestly, I'm not ruling him out either), but I am saying that I think it's entirely possible that this crime could have been committed by someone who knew OF the Closses, and lived within a stones throw of the house.
Agree with you. And with the Closs house sitting in the middle of 2 houses having meth related arrests? I wonder if there is a connection between them? I know I am repeating myself but birds of a feather...

Agree with you. And with the Closs house sitting in the middle of 2 houses having meth related arrests? I wonder if there is a connection between them? I know I am repeating myself but birds of a feather...
It doesn't seem like they deal with their neighbors too much since the ones who spoke said they didn't realize Jayme even existed.

Her parents may have also been diligent about checking her cell phone activity, hence the search for any other devices in the home (burner phones, maybe?) early on to see if she had another one for more private conversations?
It's possible, but really she's 13 with no job. I don't see her being able to keep even a cheap phone running for long.

This made me laugh that you actually tried to kick your door in. Didnt you just have surgery?!?! Be careful!! :eek:
I wish we knew more about both doors actually. But if the storm door was swung open hard enough, it could have broken to the point of not swinging closed. Or it may not have ever swung closed. I also think there was some adrenaline behind this situation which can also provide strength and ability that one normally wouldnt have. jmo.

LOL ! I did the door experiment pretty early on in the case. I also made Hubby give it a try, and even he said it was hard as hell to hold the screen door open and get a foot up on the door. But when I held the screen door open for him while he tried to kick the door...easy peasy.

ETA: We were NOT trying to kick in the door, though. I'm a dedicated sleuther, but I ain't THAT dedicated. ;)

But within an hour of the crime?? How would anybody already know.....nobody "knew" yet, not even the neighbors who heard the shots. Cruising there at that late hour just still seems suspicious to me.

JMO

Probably had police scanner on or saw more LE cars heading that way after the initial responder.

Wow, so it was a 47 year old woman with a 17/18 year old.

Yep, I just think that’s odd..imo...That’s why I wondered if the log listed the actual owner of the car whether they were in it or not at the time.
I’m just a couple of years older, and my daughter is too. Personally, we’d be too chicken to drive around a couple of times.. haha

**Sorry! Just saw Jethro4WS’s reply/post! Makes sense now. I need to learn how to read theses reports.

I bet LE regrets specifying a hamburger, when giving examples of things one might notice while searching. If they really thought the killer had stopped at McDonalds, they would deal directly with them. And why wouldn’t a perp eat the whole thing...

It's possible, but really she's 13 with no job. I don't see her being able to keep even a cheap phone running for long.

Maybe not with minutes, but almost all of my communications from home (no cell service) are via messenger services through wifi. No plan required. I don't know very many people with teenagers who wouldn't have wifi in the house. It's pretty much a requirement for anyone with kids in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296