AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic was from a few threads ago. Please forgive the length and apologies to those that are tired of this subject. A few threads ago, someone posted a news link about a man arrested on meth charges that lived near the Closs home. I responded by "saying that makes 2 now", the man in the story and a woman I knew of. I think I ended up deleting that post because the only verification I had on the woman was the her booking info that I cross referenced with one of her court cases that showed her address. I had no news link to verify. Since police said it was unrelated I didn't want to put her name and address out there because that wouldn't have been right. I believe the Sheriffs statement that the arrest was not related but also believe there can be an outer connection. These arrests lend to my thoughts of this case being meth related. NOT because the Closs family had any connection to anything illegal but because innocent people fall victim to those who use drugs in so many ways. Two houses of known and arrested meth users with the Closs home sitting in the middle. One of those homes only .04 mi away and the other just a little further away. Total speculation and rehash but at least I found the link. So possibilities:
>meth use? >wrong house? > attempt to steal drugs from a fellow user, was shorted, possible retaliation but wrong house > passing the Closs house while frequenting the home of a drug user and Jayne or another family member was seen once or many times >meth rage wrong time wrong place? IDK
Sidenote: I couldn't recall the words that (in my experience) best described the meth related, random, violent murders cases I know of. Earlier I was talking about it with my son who is a combat vet and he kind of laughed and said "you mean Shock & Awe?" He was right. Shock and Awe.
ANYWAY, not sure how I missed it but here is a link to the media story and her arrest.
@ 1:34 in the video.
Search For Jayme Closs Continues; Parents’ Deaths Ruled Homicides
MOO
Screen has been freezing and I've had to retype or continue where it wasn't saved so sorry if it doesn't flow

When we heard of the male neighbor's arrest, that was a face palm moment for me because it was the very first time I had even considered the idea that the suspect(s) was able to get away so quickly because they might have lived very close to the Closs home.

Not saying I suspect this particular neighbor (although honestly, I'm not ruling him out either), but I am saying that I think it's entirely possible that this crime could have been committed by someone who knew OF the Closses, and lived within a stones throw of the house.

I think I am losing my mind! After reading last nights posts asking about a 2nd door that was removed I have been searching high and low because I could swear a second door (from the side of the house) was discussed, picture shown, many threads ago. Does anyone recall this or have I lost it? Tried the WS search but I'm doing something wrong because it's only showing me results from this thread. TIA
@Mountain_Kat ?
Replying to self, this isn't the door I am looking for but I don't think I have seen this of the front door with screen hanging. Pic from video @ link (1:00)
ETA link correct link to video. You can see whatever it is at the inside top of the door blow in the breeze.
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders
thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Who said anything about a scanner? At that age, possibly coming home from work? Think McDonalds cashiers or restaurant staff.
I did. It is always a possibility that they heard the calls go out on a scanner and took a drive to see what was going on. I also said they could have just been driving in the area, which is also a possibility.

Keep in mind that the individuals lived nearly 20 miles away.

@ a scanner Jethro4WS did...

& wonder if Barron has fast food open 24 hours.....or even midnight.....

Possible...

ETA make that whole half eaten McD's burger comment interesting if so ie, fast food open late

But within an hour of the crime?? How would anybody already know.....nobody "knew" yet, not even the neighbors who heard the shots. Cruising there at that late hour just still seems suspicious to me.

JMO
Agree. Especially that young. Early on it was discovered they lived several miles away in a different town. I would hope its been asked and confirmed why they were in the area at that time.

They are identified in the call log. The name of the 18 year old female is given and the initials of the 17 year old female are in the log.
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

They are likely to be people that had been travelling on US 8 and saw all the police activity and wanted to see what was going on or they had heard something was going on via a scanner and drove over to see if they could see what was going on.

I’ve looked at the document and can’t seem to figure out why DC’s brother is listed along with those other names on the first page? I don’t see in the latter pages where it’s referenced that LE contacted him about the situation? I’m also confused with who was in the car with whom? Maybe they list the owner of the car also?
TIA

I did. It is always a possibility that they heard the calls go out on a scanner and took a drive to see what was going on. I also said they could have just been driving in the area, which is also a possibility.

Sorry, I repeated this before seeing you posted it.

I’ve looked at the document and can’t seem to figure out why DC’s brother is listed along with those other names on the first page? I don’t see in the latter pages where it’s referenced that LE contacted him about the situation? I’m also confused with who was in the car with whom? Maybe they list the owner of the car also?
TIA
Yes it is in the call log. He contacted law enforcement (9:40 am entry)

They are identified in the call log. The name of the 18 year old female is given and the initials of the 17 year old female are in the log.
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

They are likely to be people that had been travelling on US 8 and saw all the police activity and wanted to see what was going on or they had heard something was going on via a scanner and drove over to see if they could see what was going on.
BBM
The travelers could totally be an explanation but would they really circle around a couple of times? I know I personally wouldn't, but I'm not overtly interested in 'rubber necking' lol.

As someone that used to have a scanner, I can tell you that technology has greatly changed and you cannot just tune in to police broadcasts. Those days are long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3