AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The first person on the list was not in the car. That person is Denise's sister. She is listed first because she has more than one contact with the police. The second and third persons were the ones in the car.
BBM
Thank you for pointing that out.....I'm going to have to step away from the screen I'm going blind. :confused:

Maybe not with minutes, but almost all of my communications from home (no cell service) are via messenger services through wifi. No plan required. I don't know very many people with teenagers who wouldn't have wifi in the house. It's pretty much a requirement for anyone with kids in school.
Sure, you can use Facebook Messenger, but that is easily traced, kind of defeating the purpose of a burner phone.

This is one thing I wish they'd clarify that wouldn't harm the investigation one bit; what kind of voices?

A male voice? A female voice? Multiple voices of mixed genders? Multiple voices of same genders?
I feel pretty certain one of the voices was Jayme and we know Jim couldn't be the man's voice if there is one, which I feel pretty sure there would be. So, I think there will be mixed genders.

It's a small town.. somebody knows something. According to Registered sex offenders in Barron, Wisconsin - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city the ratio of residents to SO is 80:1. That's over 1% of the population.

Those are level three only or does that include one and two? Then there are the ones who offended before registrstion was required. Then ones that offended as teens and records sealed or not in sex offenses? And then there are the ones who have not been caught and ones driving through or visiting

It doesn't seem like they deal with their neighbors too much since the ones who spoke said they didn't realize Jayme even existed.
LOL true. I grew up in a similar setting where houses were set apart, different distances and angles from the road, trees in between it etc. You don't see your neighbors when coming and going so no friendly wave to help make a connection. I think the only neighbors my parents became friendly with were a result of commonalities like having children of similar ages.

I'll have to trust that LE has followed up on these 17 & 18 year old gals at 2 am cruising by repeatedly miles away from their own home town....

Thing is: they can lie....& it's possible they heard something via a grapevine especially if the perp(s) are 18-22....

One may think that they or others, if there were a 'grapevine' would speak up...(& yeah by now I would think so too)

But: when I was 8-9 my brother ran away with his friend (@ 12-13 years old).....I was told by a friend of my brother's what they'd planned - & apparently many kids knew about it
I think I was too afraid or didn't believe: god knows, but neither I nor any kid said ANYTHING

Thankfully, by luck, my dad found them: in a rural convenience store arguing over which candy bar to buy, lol....

Yeah, we were not teens, but still: kids can band together & keep their mouths shut. It's also not something we can know @ how we'll act when stuff happens...fear is a weird thing

I feel pretty certain one of the voices was Jayme and we know Jim couldn't be the man's voice if there is one, which I feel pretty sure there would be. So, I think there will be mixed genders.

I think you're probably right. It's still weird to me that the 911 log categorizes it as "a lot of yelling". We're told it's hard to hear, but the 911 dispatcher was at least able to hear it well enough with a raw ear in an emergency setting, so I believe it had to be substantial. Maybe this is my own language characterization, though; I think yelling = words; whereas screaming = unintelligible. Maybe she actually meant screaming.

People think doors are strong. They are not, especially on a house like the Closs's. Its generally only a half inch of deadbolt sticking in to a drilled hole on the door frame. One good shot will break apart the surrounding wood and you are in.

If you find the picture, the door is broken away from the frame. The wood is like it would have been cut with a saw. Not smoothe like that. I am trying to give an image that the wood is literally broken clear through

I believe they are starting to actually be able to link DNA along family trees. So even if they do not have an exact DNA sample of a perp they may have genealogical DNA that leads them on the right path. Not positive about this but I think I can remember something like this being used by LE recently.

you can take the suspects profile and enter it into a geneologic database as if you were a customer. From there you find genetic brothers, sisters, cousins etc.. who had also submitted a sample, but for their own interest. If you find relatives you can get names and establish a family tree from other public information. You only need 1 name. Once you have a tree you can usually narrow it down to 1 or 2 people who are the right age and in the right place. Finally, you follow those people around and wait for them to drop some DNA on a cigarette or fork etc...

There are a ton of messaging apps beyond FB Messenger that are far less likely to be traced. Snapchat and WhatsApp were the big ones for a while, but there are many others swooping in.
thinking about this and if there was a wifi enabled phone it wouldn't even have to have service, just use it like a little tablet. would keep forbidden apps off real phone

When we heard of the male neighbor's arrest, that was a face palm moment for me because it was the very first time I had even considered the idea that the suspect(s) was able to get away so quickly because they might have lived very close to the Closs home.

Not saying I suspect this particular neighbor (although honestly, I'm not ruling him out either), but I am saying that I think it's entirely possible that this crime could have been committed by someone who knew OF the Closses, and lived within a stones throw of the house.

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member