AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't appear to be new but here's what they've done:
  • 2nd D Sex Con/Intc-W/O Con-Asslt-Use /Thrt Force
  • Battery-Cause Harm To Another-W/Intent
  • Sex Offender - Fail/Update Information
  • Expose Minors To Harmful Material
  • Probation Violation
  • Sex-2nd Degree-Child Under 16 Yoa
  • Bail Jumping-Charge Is A Felony
  • Sex-Child Enticement/Sexual Contact/Intercourse
  • Use Computer/Facilitate Sex Crime
  • Sex-Child Enticement/Sexual Contact/Intercourse
  • Use Computer/Facilitate Sex Crime
  • Fail/Provide Sex Offender Information
Be careful with the jail log. Not all of the people were recent arrestees. People who are sentenced to jail up to a certain length (likely less than two years) serve the sentence in the county jail. The only way to know is to go through each individual and search the Wisconsin court site to find out if they had been sentenced on a case to determine if that is why they are listed as an inmate (you have to read through the docket for that). The jail log does not make any distinction between those just arrested and those that are sentenced except some (but not all) of those sentenced will also have a future release date.

I'm not a criminal but if I was, it seems like a blessing (for once) to come from a very large family with a lot of odd dynamics and poorly-documented adoptions. :p It's a nightmare for medical history but seems like it'll serve me well if I turn to a life of crime.

(I kid, I'm pretty docile and I can barely stab a straw through a juice box).

Don't feel bad- when I used to do this for a living about 1 in 20 people didn't have the father they thought they had...

and the hard part is you usually can't tell them even if they ask.

Last edited:
https://nypost.com/2018/11/14/autho...earch-for-missing-teen-jayme-closs-continues/
“The Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation used a specially-trained dog to sniff out electronic devices at the Closs home, but none of the devices that were found have yielded any clues, including the three cellphones that belonged to Jayme and her parents, Fitzgerald said.

“There was nothing out of the ordinary, no boyfriends, nothing on there that points us in any direction,” he said.”

For those who didn’t know that LE has all three cell phones, like myself. ;)

PSA: Be careful with sharing your private info and DNA, folks.
Oh I think it's awesome that someone just wanted to find out their ancestry and any possible relatives and they ended up inadvertently catching a serial killer and closing a case cold, lol. I'm on a few ancestry sites because I've always been curious since I was adopted as an infant, and I just like history and genealogy in general. If someone I'm related to commits a crime and my DNA helps catch them, I would be ecstatic. Too bad so sad for them.

Hasn't Fitzgerald consistently said Jayme is not a suspect in this case?

If she ran away willingly with the murderer that would definitely make her one of the suspects involved imo.

Fitzgerald said they found no evidence of any boyfriend on Jayme's cell phone.

Imo Fitzgerald does not believe Jayme had any prior knowledge or involvement in any of this.

Jmo

She's underage and wouldn't be considered an adult to make this decision on her own especially under duress or fear.

Are people really going to lose interest if they can’t hear the 911 call? And really, what are the chances of anyone that might come up with a lead, or has knowledge, is one of those people? The last thing in the world I want or need is to hear a call like that. It has clearly helped LE not at all, as far as making progress toward identifying a perp.
Jmo

Nobody is testing DNA from live family members unless LE thinks they might have DNA from a suspect. Maybe mom has some under her nails or there are blood drops not near a body, or a semen stain on a mattress- who knows.

Of course they are testing family, against items in the home, as well as to get reactions, see if anyone refuses etc...whether they have perp DNA or not. They will ask just to “rule” people out initially.

Are people really going to lose interest if they can’t hear the 911 call? And really, what are the chances of anyone that might come up with a lead, or has knowledge, is one of those people? The last thing in the world I want or need is to hear a call like that. It has clearly helped LE not at all, as far as making progress toward identifying a perp.
Jmo
I don't think its a matter of lost interest. Some people have savant like abilities to resolve auditory things and they might pick something up- or someone nearby might hear something they recognize. Its about finding a little girl, why not take the chance?

according to the Sheriff's interview, if not mistaken, he has said they are not ruling out that Jayme was involved - but, to paraphrase, they don't think it's likely/no specific evidence to point to her....

But, it would seem that, at this point, LE is casting a wide net & according to the Sheriff they have no 'working theory'
All of this is from his recent interview.....

I appreciate 'not going there' with regard to some possible theories here at WS - but LE absolutely will 'go there' and frankly it's their job....

Sure hope a break in the case comes through soon....

I think you're probably right. It's still weird to me that the 911 log categorizes it as "a lot of yelling". We're told it's hard to hear, but the 911 dispatcher was at least able to hear it well enough with a raw ear in an emergency setting, so I believe it had to be substantial. Maybe this is my own language characterization, though; I think yelling = words; whereas screaming = unintelligible. Maybe she actually meant screaming.
Perhaps there was a lot of yelling maybe the yelling was in a different language. Just a thought then it would be words that were unintelligible but could be heard.

Of course they are testing family, against items in the home, as well as to get reactions, see if anyone refuses etc...whether they have perp DNA or not. They will ask just to “rule” people out initially.
Unless they have DNA that doesn't match a victim, they are likely not testing anybody's DNA (just to have it on file for later). You can do it that way but you usually won't bog down the lab with samples as a fishing expedition. They may ask people to submit samples to see who refuses, but until they know they have a reference sample that doesn't match one of the victims they are likely not testing those other submitted samples.

Jmo

I think the public will lose interest if there are no more facts released. If the 911 call is all they have to catch peoples' attention, I think they should release it. I think we're almost out of public interest already; the news rolls on quickly.

We're in a niche forum here that specializes in unsolved crimes, but not everyone is like us; many people don't actively search for information, they're passively fed it while watching the news.

If there's nothing newsworthy to report on, she won't be in the news.
If she's not in the news, she will be forgotten.
My top concern is keeping her sweet face in peoples' minds, her name in their mouths so that everyone's quest for answers stays alive because someone, somewhere knows something.

Jmo

I'm sure LE surely has sent the recording to someone to see if it can be cleaned up or any background noise could be isolated. I certainly don't want to hear it either.

Also are we 100% sure what LE says is on that 911 call is really all that's on the call? Would they be completely honest about it if there was something awful?

Since we know now that Jayme's phone was in the house ,maybe that's why LE set up cameras in the house right after the crime. They could have felt if Jayme was alive there was a chance that she(if able) or the perp would return for her phone? Instead they caught the underwear guy. JMO.

Unless they have DNA that doesn't match a victim, they are likely not testing anybody's DNA (just to have it on file for later). You can do it that way but you usually won't bog down the lab with samples as a fishing expedition. They may ask people to submit samples to see who refuses, but until they know they have a reference sample that doesn't match one of the victims they are likely not testing those other submitted samples.
You have to test everybody who has been in the to determine if you have DNA that doesn't belong there. Process of elimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214