AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we know now that Jayme's phone was in the house ,maybe that's why LE set up cameras in the house right after the crime. They could have felt if Jayme was alive there was a chance that she(if able) or the perp would return for her phone? Instead they caught the underwear guy. JMO.
I still believe the 20 minutes the perp was in the house is key. Somebody was looking for something, and the 911 call prematurely put an end to that search. He may have taken Jayme to try and interrogate her about the desired item later, so he could return at some point and claim it. Thus, the cameras.

Unless they have DNA that doesn't match a victim, they are likely not testing anybody's DNA (just to have it on file for later). You can do it that way but you usually won't bog down the lab with samples as a fishing expedition. They may ask people to submit samples to see who refuses, but until they know they have a reference sample that doesn't match one of the victims they are likely not testing those other submitted samples.
I beg to disagree, police ask for samples of known DNA to help them identify any alien DNA, they may run any ailien DNA against a database. Well they do where I live I don't know about WI

I’ve looked at the document and can’t seem to figure out why DC’s brother is listed along with those other names on the first page? I don’t see in the latter pages where it’s referenced that LE contacted him about the situation? I’m also confused with who was in the car with whom? Maybe they list the owner of the car also?
TIA
Yes. Was he a passenger? Are they related?

Yes, but a 17 year old and 18 year old at 2am on a Monday morning......

Also, another poster said they were relatives....(now, as I previously posted they may have heard about this from family - when were her relatives called??)

What teenage girls have a scanner they are glued to at 2 am Monday morning??

Eh.

I figure LE has examined this.....doesn't mean they can't lie though
JMO

I read the call log. I am confused about this information as well.

deleted by me and reposted with pic

Last edited:
New interview with Sheriff on WQOW.com

1 month later: Residents still in feer after murder, disappearance in Barron County

Someone please tell me that they didn’t actually spell the word ‘fear’ as ‘feer.’ Maybe because it rhymes with deer. Lol

Another one:

Sheriff Fitzgerald keeping hope that Jayme Closs is still alive, calls it the worst crime in county history

At least one new tidbit in the 2d one:

“Because, you know, she wasn’t shot at the house. It doesn’t appear she was injured in any way at the house. So, I just hope she’s still out there I believe she’s still out there and my gut says she is. and I hope I’m right. This case remains very active in our minds, in our hearts, in this building, it’s being worked on constantly.

rbbm. moo.

Last edited:
I beg to disagree, police ask for samples of known DNA to help them identify any alien DNA, they may run any ailien DNA against a database. Well they do where I live I don't know about WI
First thing they send in are all the samples they (LE or the forensics team) think might/should have DNA. In this case I would imagine there was blood, fingernails, swabs of the door and other objects in the house, maybe silverware, clothing, the mattress, glasses, vaginal swabs depending... You test all of those samples to see if you can recover any DNA and then profiles that cannot be accounted for by the victims. IF you find one or more profiles that cannot be accounted for you start to test samples submitted from likely sources which might include family, friends, police officers at the scene, cleaning lady; whatever. The first round might be 20-30 samples that take a lot of sample prep to get good quality profiles. They next set are cheek swabs that are much easier to process.

I still believe the 20 minutes the perp was in the house is key. Somebody was looking for something, and the 911 call prematurely put an end to that search. He may have taken Jayme to try and interrogate her about the desired item later, so he could return at some point and claim it. Thus, the cameras.

The perp wasn't in the house that long according to LE

Can you imagine Jayme having to step over the body of her father? I have never even thought about that until reading your post.
Is it possible she was asleep when the attack happened and they found her in bed?
How would LE know she was there based on the evidence from the 911 call if she was asleep and found in bed? Unless caller screamed about Jayme how would they know she was home when it went down? Her voice is likely on the tape in my view
Think it's possible Denise had been shot but was capable of making 911 call...she is in another room from James/perp(s)

She didn't say anything, didn't want to alert perps - at this point she is 'playing dead'....she hears perp(s) coming back toward her..disconnects call

Perp(s) witness this - she's on the floor - they kick or throw the phone away....grab Jayme (who maybe was told to sit on the chair, and was restrained - not necessarily to the chair, but had hands tied, etc..) and flee
more than one perp? One shoots Denise one struggles elsewhere with Jayme?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 4.52.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 4.52.02 PM.png
    688.2 KB · Views: 74
No. The first person on the list was not in the car. That person is Denise's sister. She is listed first because she has more than one contact with the police. The second and third persons were the ones in the car.
Yes. Was he a passenger? Are they related?

Jethro4WS explained the call log in a reply post. The male name listed is Denise’s brother and he called LE. The top female name is Denise’s sister. I looked back through and don’t see where they contacted her but they had to for her name to be listed. The other 2 names are teen girls in the car circling around the scene at the house and asked to leave.

I still find that odd for some reason. Many have given very good possible explanations but, I still find it odd they were out in the early morning hours in a town or area, with apparently nothing going on...my Mamma always said, nothing good happens after midnight!

I wish I could refer you to the picture. It is not the door jamb. It is the door. The visual proof is there
I posted the picture yesterday. It’s on this thread...I don’t know the page though. I googled something like: Closs front door Wisconsin images

You don't have to interact with neighbors to know OF the neighbors.

Good point.

The fact that the family was actively engaged in the community away from home, yet were withdrawn to the extent that neighbors did not even know in general terms that they had a teen age daughter could indicate an active effort to keep their place of residence concealed.

As for concealed from whom, a lot of options have been reviewed and exhausted. Thus, it might be worth going further back and look for any kind of respect / disrespect dispute in the distant past, but was possibly re-kindled recently.

For example, did parents attend area high schools? Were they ever involved in a union based election dispute, or a seniority or shift dispute at work in the past? Distant property disputes or land lease / usage disputes? Make a complaint or even an informal accusation against "Uncle Chester" or "Sticky fingers Steve" 20 years ago leading to loss of employment or a professional license?

Likewise, extend the respect / disrespect possibility to present, but minor issues: A dangerously " 'dissed" tavern patron? Or a "who hunts or especially traps when and where type dispute. The mother was actively Catholic. Did she ever support a girl friend with a bad husband in an annulment process- and thus be seen as taking "her side"?

Of course some of the above are long shots, but more probable options seem to have been exhausted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member