AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else watch the sheriff’s interview on Dryden Wire? It’s long (and he rambles a lot at the end) but he addresses several questions recently asked here, namely why they won’t reveal 911 tapes, type of gun used, etc.

DrydenWire | News & Information for Northwest Wisconsin

Some online “callers” ask about another couple in the area that went missing that same day. Sheriff wasn’t aware of any other missing people, locally. Anyone know what the caller was referring to?

Also, the last caller shares the same surname as the 18-yr old who kept driving by the crime scene. Anyone else catch this?

I know this isn't a big deal if you cook the turkey all the way, but my family is skipping the turkey this year. None of us like turkey meat enough to take a chance. We're grilling steaks instead with all the other usual Thanksgiving sides and then hitting the Black Friday sales (tradition). :D

I hope Jayme is located before Thanksgiving. I bet her family has a (non-Salmonella affected) turkey already in their freezer. So sad for them as the holidays approach. :(

Jennie-O Salmonella outbreak being investigated:

FSIS Recall Release 112-2018 Salmonella
I had heard about that about a week ago, but never thought about it possibly being related. I know at that time they weren't able to narrow it down to any one provider, but that might not matter to someone who had been seriously affected by it. Was DC by any chance working in quality control/inspections/whatever?

Or at least not one that makes sense. Such as a random killer who targeted this family for no other reason than to murder two people, abduct a child never to be seen again, just for the pure thrill. With each passing day I'm thinking this is what happened. The house was isolated and had a number of escape routes to evade police. Someone mentioned there was a perfect location to park and observe them through the woods. Some of the more recent murderers had no particular preference for a certain type of victim, and picked them purely based on convenience. The location of this house is perfect. It can't be seen by the neighbors and there was an easy way in and out. They were gone fast. LE has still not located those vehicles. I hope they find this guy soon so at least this family can get justice, if that will be any consolation. It's not likely they will see Jayme again. Imo
Yes several escape routes, including railroad tracks several acres behind the house.

Be sure to upload your results to the gedmatch site. That’s the site LE used. It’s an easy process and free or nominal fee I believe. Allows you to connect with matches who might have used one of the other dna sites.
Thank you! My husband's brother recently found him. My husband and his brother had their info sent to gedmatch!
(He had been told that his mother gave up a boy and a girl BEFORE he was born.)
That was a lie. My husband is 3 years YOUNGER than his 1/2 brother.
They hope to meet in Jan 2019!
Still searching for the sister...
I also agree, if my familial DNA or my husbands gets a criminal/rapist/killer off the streets, I'm ok with that! I will know he can never have contact with my grandchildren!
( A granddaughter 4 wks and a grandson due in Jan 2019!)
Imagine the panic I felt with the Tad Cummins case in Tennessee!
If he was a distant relative, I am happy to say, we never met!!
That was my mom's maiden name, spelled exactly the same way.
*RIP mom, it's been 19 years since she died from cancer...
Moo

I forgot to ramble about the two girls in my last post, so I'll do it in a new one! If you have ever lived in the kind of small towns I have, the behavior of the girls driving by wouldn't seem so strange. In many of the small/er towns around here, and around there, there's not a lot for teens to do for fun, and just driving around (or driving around and drinking) helps to break up the boredom. Sometimes it was young "men", too young to go to bars, looking for girls, and sometimes it was the girls looking for them. It always seems like the guys/girls in another town seem more interesting when all you usually see are the same people you've been seeing most of your life. It's also a big deal when you see a police car, ambulance, firetruck, etc. because it means something different is going on, and you might have the chance to be the first one to know what it is. Cumberland is definitely that kind of place, and Barron is to an extent. I think they may have been visiting friends, or just "cruising", and on their way home when they saw all of the lights flashing. I'm guessing they were hoping to be able to figure out what was happening/had happened so they could brag to all their friends about having been there and seen - whatever they were able to see - and have everybody coming to them for the scoop.

Nothing real important, but I don't think the girls had any ulterior motives for being there. MOO

It’s the timing of these girls riding by that’s so odd, not really the fact that they passed by a few times to see what was happening. If it were late on a Friday or Sat night, early into the next morning, I can sort of see it making sense as they might be coming home from wherever 17/18 year old kids go to party. But on a Sunday night/early Monday, where could they have been that would have them still on the road at 2am? Everything closes early on Sundays, and they should have school in a few hours — so why out “joy riding” at that time unless they knew something was going on and where to go looking for it. Just moo.

Also, on the Dryden Wire interview, when asked if there were signs of sexual assault, sheriff looks left and says “I’m not going to comment on that.” Later, when asked if Jayme may have a 19-yr old boyfriend, again his eyes shift and he gives the “no comment” response.

Watch his body language; he’s very open about some topics, leaning back and using his hands. Others, he clams up, leans in toward the mic and his eyes shift. Any body language experts here willing to give it a look?

DrydenWire | News & Information for Northwest Wisconsin

I've been trying to see what scenario would work too. I think Oceanblueyes is correct in saying that the weapon was most likely a semi-automatic handgun. I can't see how the killer could open the glass storm door and hold it open to kick the door open while holding onto a long barrel rifle or shotgun. However, I can visualize opening the storm door, holding one shoulder against it to hold it open while kicking the wooden door open while holding a handgun. More logical to me.

If police saw the father's feet thru the door, then the screen door was at least partly open, too. My guess is the perp(s) opened it and either leaned something (rock?) against it, or moved the little metal thing on the tensioner (I have no idea what that is actually called) to keep the door open. Perhaps James heard the screen door open, and went to the door to investigate? I know ours has blown open occasionally when it didn't latch - maybe he thought that was the case?

Was thinking 15-16 yr old...not saying this is my main theory but lack of impulse control in this age groups of males is not unknown.
Okay, so hypothetically let’s say the ‘perp’ is an older teen. What would motivate a 15-16 yr old to murder both parents? He’d have to feel so powerless about the situation that he felt there was nothing to lose; like desperation. I know there have been cases like that.

If police saw the father's feet thru the door, then the screen door was at least partly open, too. My guess is the perp(s) opened it and either leaned something (rock?) against it, or moved the little metal thing on the tensioner (I have no idea what that is actually called) to keep the door open. Perhaps James heard the screen door open, and went to the door to investigate? I know ours has blown open occasionally when it didn't latch - maybe he thought that was the case?
The storm door is actually a solid glass door with a metal frame. The door appeared not to be damaged in the photos and you are right, there is a cylinder on the door that closes the door automatically and there is a position that can lock the door in an open position. I use mine at home when I'm bringing in groceries.

I was 1/2 asleep a few days ago, listening to a murder case on ID.
The police had asked the public if anyone had had a problem with the deceased.
There was also an issue with the DNA, from what I vaguely remember is that it had proven to be familial.
I want to say an uncle ended up being arrested for the murder.
I really wish I remember more, because my brain was saying pay attention, but I was too tired.
Many cold cases are being solved by familial DNA.

Ither than no comment, have we heard of any DNA at all? Stranger or otherwise?
I'm not fully buying the elevator statement about the length of time it takes to run DNA...
If a case is so important that billboards hundreds of miles away are shiwsho a missing persons, I would bet my last $ that ANY FORIEGN DNA was run with in hours, 36-48, to days, 4-6!
Drug screens on victins come back sooner than we are less to believe as well.
We had a case of some Halloween candy reportedly containing Xanax at a local middle school.
One of the 2 children ''allgedly" affected was completely negative in less than 48 hours!
I'll link it for proof.
2 students sent to hospital after buying possibly drug-laced candy, school says
I'm not bashing LE, I'm just of the opinion that they want people/perps to believe that they have plenty of time before they will be discovered.
23&me has the results within 5 weeks.
... Let that sink in...
Moo

Last edited:
Totally wrong and illegal but a 15 or 16 yr old most likely would not know the law and would maybe think he is "in love" and doesn't care.

If a 15 or 16 year old is responsible for murdering Jayme's parents and abducting her, I will eat my hat. This isn't the work of an "in love" teen. MOO.

Was it even the law enforcement that made that comment? I thought it was a fellow poster who used it as an example of things people would be searching for. It's been driving me crazy every time I see it pop up as a "curious" piece of evidence.

LE definitely made that comment. It was in regards to how vigilant they wanted the first round of searchers to be. They wanted them to report anything and everything they might find even if it was a half-eaten McDonald's hamburger. It was way back in the first thread somewhere. Most of us think it was just an example of how thorough they wanted them to be, but at this point it starts to seem more important than it probably is due to lack of information.

Last edited:
23&me has the results within 5 weeks.
... Let that sink in...
As an employee of a large company where staffing/productivity is always a concern, I have to point out - if their profit margin is large enough they can increase staffing based on demand. So IMO the fact that some for-profit company can deliver in 5 weeks isn't necessarily comparable to the organizations LE are relying on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14