AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard something on the Dryden interview from last Friday not sure if it's been discussed and if so I missed it. There was a caller that called in and talked about a couple from Barron who had been missing since the day after the murder. Stated they could not get ahold of the female and the guy drove an orange challenger. Sheriff Fitzgerald seemed kind of taken back by that then finally said they have no missing people in Barron. Did anyone else catch that and find it strange
Do you have a link?
The wooden piece on the inside of the door frame that you’ve enlarged (last photo) — is that part of the home’s main front door? Has it been split vertically and that the only part that is still attached to the frame?

Has anyone seen photos of them carrying the (rest of the) heavy wooden door from the scene for clarification? We’ve seen the glass storm door being carried off, but just wondering about the main door?
I didn’t enlarge it, they were like that. I have never seen the actual front door either.

The child trafficking yeah I can see where this would be the wrong theory and you would disagree. But this not being planned is highly unlikely. If the killer's main target was Jayme he made the plan of kidnapping her and most likely had a plan to eliminate any confrontation that would happen. As for knowing them, he/she had to know the family or have met them once before.

To be specific, I don't agree with you that this was highly planned or well executed. ;)

But that's okay. We need to disagree on things from time to time...it shows we're thinking independently.

Although if their intention all along was to kill the parents and take Jayme, plus leave very little evidence at the scene then it was indeed a very well executed crime.

I see that as just dumb like, Owl. Whoever did this allowed one of the victims to make a 911 call, and made their get away just 4 minutes shy of being snagged by LE. If that was " well planned " then it was an incredibly dumb plan, imo.

So he is basically saying there may have been an unknown stalker who may have been obsessed with her and she may have been totally unaware?

So they are looking into that possibilty although after a month long investigation they havent found anything to support it?

If it was someone she knew and liked that person would be the first one that would have been located. Imo

They have had one of the highest amount of investigators on the ground investigating this case. Over 200 iirc.

They always start with those closest to the victims and then widen out if none of those are panning out.

Any supposed boyfriend of Jayme's would have been the very first one interviewed if they existed and imo they do not... even after a lengthy thorough month's long investigation.

They cant find someone who does not exist.

ETA....However I do understand if they are still trying to locate some unknown stalker who was stalking Jayme without her knowledge nor her parents knowledge.

Jmho
Boyfriend is a term we are using here, but I don't believe we mean it in the usual boyfriend sense. Someone who maybe knew and liked Jayme but not serious or dating per say. Everyone here assumes that Denise and James told all their business and everything that went on in their household to their family and friends.
My children are grown now, but there were times in the past they may have done things or been friends with people I didn't approve of. Very rarely did I inform my parents(their grandparents) , family or friends about these situations.
If Jayme was friendly with someone the parents disapproved of maybe only the parents knew of him. Maybe he doesn't live close by. Maybe they told him to stay away from Jayme and Denise and James never brought it to the attention of anyone outside of their immediate home. Hence, no clues or trial because no one really knew about him. JMO.

Why a nightstand I wonder? Blood spatter? Prints? Someone tripped and hit their head on a corner of it?

That's a head scratcher for me too. Let's say there was evidence of a disturbance in one of the bedrooms and the nightstand were knocked over or something...or if there was evidence of blood spatter or suspected fingerprints. Wouldn't LE take that immediately for testing, not wait almost a week and then go back for it ? So what on earth could have prompted them to take a nightstand after so much time had already passed ? I assume some kind of new information, but what that could possibly be is lost on me.

When I first heard some time back that there was some bad turkey floating around, I figured that the ones with the most to lose (if a source was identified) was the manufacturer/processor.

If the government knew (or at least had a good idea) where the bad turkey was coming from and did nothing, then perhaps it's the government (or specific government employees) who had the most to lose.

Could James (and/or Denise) have known something, and threatened to go to the media?

Food gets recalled all of the time. jennie-0 is owned by Hormel. This is not like a little family business. I doubt if anyone cares too much
<modsnip - removed quoted post and direct reply to it>

Last edited by a moderator:
Food gets recalled all of the time. jennie-0 is owned by Hormel. This is not like a little family business. I doubt if anyone cares too much

This is a bit more than a recall. A bunch of people got sick, and someone died. You can bet there will be lawsuits, and if it were to turn out that the company knew they had problems -- well, that could be a huge lawsuit.

<modsnip - removed quoted post>

Here is an article that gives the definition of DOOR FRAME

It gives a definition of SLAB DOOR.

The slab door was broken, It appears to be at least a two imch thick slab door.

Was the frame damaged?

There have been many people that say how easy it is to kick in a door. <modsnip - removed direct reply to quoted post>
That is a lot of force to splt that thick of wood

Pre Hung Doors vs. Slab Doors for Your Home

I see that as just dumb like, Owl. Whoever did this allowed one of the victims to make a 911 call, and made their get away just 4 minutes shy of being snagged by LE. If that was " well planned " then it was an incredibly dumb plan, imo.

Ok apart from the 911 call it was well-executed. I'm not saying for one moment i believe this was the scenario but if the perp(s) DID intend to kill James and Denise and abduct Jayme then they accomplished what they set out to do. You could not commit a crime of this magnitude without taking an element of risk. Anyway lets agree to disagree on this one!

as far as motive the only motive that holds water for me is: Jayme
She's the why
Every other scenario comes up against the brick wall of: 'why take Jayme?'
(only scenario wherein I see that is an unplanned rage attack & Jayme just wasn't on their radar so to speak: didn't have the heart to shoot her, but she could identify them: in a panic they take her: possible, but unlikely)

Especially after the articles about the Australian guy flying to the US to kidnap a 14 year old he met online plus the Colorado guy who was set to go to...Wisconsin... to get this 16 year old that he'd first 'met' online when she was 14...really reinforces my theory of a slightly older male obsessed with Jayme

I think it quite possible whether online or in person: Jayme, whether she was aware of it or not: attracted the attention of some male 18-20 (maybe a little older).....

I think this male is clearly mentally unbalanced, has anger & impulse control issues, socially awkward or even outcast, does not receive any attention from females his own age and then viola!
Here is this nice, sweet gal, sure too young for him, but...he can wait or they'll figure something out...she actually acts like she likes him, she laughs at his jokes, etc etc

Maybe he wants her to sneak out with him, she refuses: says she'll get in trouble: so our young perp decides he needs to kill her parents
OR
Parents know of budding situation & tell him he's too old for their daughter, it's inappropriate & to never contact her again: once more: solution: kill the parents...

I'm still going with this idea....maybe because it gives Jayme her best chance at being alive, and escaping.....

(It's possible the perp was an older man: but the scene seems so violent.....plus I think an older man would have come up with a scenario to take Jayme that didn't include killing the parents (however the Hannah Andersen case contradicts this....plus the Short family too)......)

This is still where I'm at....though that bit @ Sheriff interview of the caller saying a couple is missing since 10/15 & drives a Challenger is pretty interesting....Imagine LE would, heck might be right now, all over that.....fingers crossed!

<modsnip - removed reply to quoted post>

Has anyone seen photos of them carrying the (rest of the) heavy wooden door from the scene for clarification? We’ve seen the glass storm door being carried off, but just wondering about the main door?

Great question

This is a bit more than a recall. A bunch of people got sick, and someone died. You can bet there will be lawsuits, and if it were to turn out that the company knew they had problems -- well, that could be a huge lawsuit.

Food companies have lawsuits. I imagine Hormel has plnety of attorneys and insurance. Hormel is all over the world. $$$$$$$$$$$$

She's the why
(only scenario wherein I see that is an unplanned rage attack & Jayme just wasn't on their radar so to speak: didn't have the heart to shoot her, but she could identify them: in a panic they take her: possible, but unlikely)

Especially after the articles about the Australian guy flying to the US to kidnap a 14 year old he met online plus the Colorado guy who was set to go to...Wisconsin... to get this 16 year old that he'd first 'met' online when she was 14...really reinforces my theory of a slightly older male obsessed with Jayme

I think it quite possible whether online or in person: Jayme, whether she was aware of it or not: attracted the attention of some male 18-20 (maybe a little older).....

I think this male is clearly mentally unbalanced, has anger & impulse control issues, socially awkward or even outcast, does not receive any attention from females his own age and then viola!
Here is this nice, sweet gal, sure too young for him, but...he can wait or they'll figure something out...she actually acts like she likes him, she laughs at his jokes, etc etc

Maybe he wants her to sneak out with him, she refuses: says she'll get in trouble: so our young perp decides he needs to kill her parents
OR
Parents know of budding situation & tell him he's too old for their daughter, it's inappropriate & to never contact her again: once more: solution: kill the parents...

I'm still going with this idea....maybe because it gives Jayme her best chance at being alive, and escaping.....

(It's possible the perp was an older man: but the scene seems so violent.....plus I think an older man would have come up with a scenario to take Jayme that didn't include killing the parents (however the Hannah Andersen case contradicts this....plus the Short family too)......)

This is still where I'm at....though that bit @ Sheriff interview of the caller saying a couple is missing since 10/15 & drives a Challenger is pretty interesting....Imagine LE would, heck might be right now, all over that.....fingers crossed!

Those examples of pervs going great distance sure changes the suspect pool.

Was thinking about what DNA might be found in my apartment. Only a few friends come here. But I had the carpets cleaned last week, the apt. repairmen come and go, pest control. A house where this family lived for many years is probably packed with DNA of all kinds, imo. It would takes ages to separate it all, run it, compare it etc. and even then LE may not know what, if any, came from a perp. They can guess at what he touched, where he walked. But can’t know for sure.

Maybe things like a nightstand showed obvious fingerprints, so they took it?

I wonder if they had anyone in to fix, clean, etc in the past month or two.

What about the chair cushion?

I thought of including that in the list, but honestly, we don't know if there was a chair cushion. I assume that there was because of the ties on the chair still being there, but for all we know, the chair cushion might have been gone long before this ever happened, you know ? I honestly believe that there was a chair cushion and that LE cut it off and bagged the cushion, but I can't prove it, so I left that out. Make sense ?

She's the why

OR

Well said! This makes a lot of sense. IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn