AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely see your point. I do want to say, though, that people dealing with a defiant, wiggly toddler are not going to punch the child senseless in order to gain his/her compliance.

As a dancer and a runner, Jayme is surely strong but nevertheless still a small girl. All it takes is one blow from a larger person to make someone stop struggling; one blow and threats of more to come.
Exactly! Not to mention a gun toting larger person!

That was my original theory. The crime was already in progress when dad came home, and he was shot at the door. The new information doesn’t necessarily dispute that, fwiw. The shootings happened fast and nothing was found within 5 feet from the front door of evidentiary value is all I can make out, and as always, my opinion.

There isn’t any information in MSM, from what I can tell, who was home and when.

Please correct me if I am wrong on any of those points.
It was stated not too long ago that Denise spoke on the phone with one of her sisters at 10 pm and all 3 were home then and fine. MOO

Yes, Denise spoke with her sister on the phoned at 10:00 PM that night. The sister said everything seemed fine. Last week LE said they were going to re-interview people. Little is known about the last person (other than Denise and Jayme) to actually see James that day. LE has not release most likely due to privacy/investigation purposes. I know the family said he had to work that day.....so many unanswered questions.

I would take the "exclusive" with the DailyMailTV (who the heck is that?) with a big grain of sea salt.
Here's what I'm trying to logic out, and haven't yet.
If Jayme were the intended purpose of the attack, why kill two people?
Why not grab her in a different location where she was alone and it wouldn't require murder?

Amateur opinion and speculation
i agree w/ taking it with a big grain of salt, although since they had actual video of these things coming directly from Fitzgerald, it seems a bit more credible to me.

If Jayme were the intended purpose of the attack, why kill two people?
Why not grab her in a different location where she was alone and it wouldn't require murder?

this is a valid point, and i've thought about it as well. but i can never rule it out because i keep coming back to this simple question: who is to say he didn't try to just abduct her first? maybe he had, while she was waiting for the bus or somewhere else. And maybe it had always been thwarted somehow, someone always driving by or showing up. If he was determined to get her, he might've felt that this was the final straw.

With respect - virtually everything else on this case been discussed countless times. Don't forget there are people commenting on this case for the first time who would have missed earlier threads, plus others who are new to WS. If people are discussing a subject you've read countless times before you don't have to comment on it - just post something new!

I would agree except for the fact that most of the questions surrounding the caretaker were not only discussed, but also answered on the way back threads, though. Considerable time was spent on it and we had poster who had direct knowledge of the school district arrangements and policies there and they were able to shed a lot of light on how they operate around changing schools.

Anyone else think maybe two perps ??
If you look at doors... glass door was not broken yet taken...

Wood door was shot through..taken as well

Just seems odd set up angle one perp hold glass door then shooting through wood door..

I dunno just thought some distance between shooter and door..

Maybe 1 perp holds glass door.. just weird all that destruction yet storm door ok

Attachments

• C0EA7159-3D08-4884-BDD3-A56A15213261.jpeg
    C0EA7159-3D08-4884-BDD3-A56A15213261.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for this info Sandy. So is the reason the Aunt was the caretaker/babysitter is because she took care of Jayme while James and Denise were working at the turkey plant, presumably late afternoons, evenings and night shifts?

And possibly for snow days, school vacations, sick days, transporting to sports, dance classes, help with homework, meals, etc.
I’ve read several different places that Jayme also had kidney problems.
And had been in the hospital recently and in March, with pneumonia and with kidney problems.

As a nurse, I had to do a lot of evening and night shifts (mandated and vol OT)... I did a lot of sleeping when my sons got home from school.

Once in a while they had to fend for themselves for dinner and transportation, but they were high school age or my then boyfriend would come get them, if I worked the night shift. Or their dad would.

Unfortunately, they didn’t have any other close relatives near us.

Last edited:
Denise was also active within her church during the week and would take Jayne with her. They both were active with helping the homeless.

Jayme had written a paper about what she’d do if she won a million dollars. She said she’d use the money to help the homeless.

I often wonder if Denise allowed someone (a homeless guy?) to come work as a handi-man... like Elizabeth Smart’s mom had done with Elizabeth’s kidnapper.

PS: It still amazes me that the perp in the E. Smart Case entered the home through the window and no one woke up, except E’s younger sister.

What would the perp have done had Mr & Mrs Smart did wake up and confronted the perp as he was taking Elizabeth away!! As far as I know, the perp didnt have a gun, just the knife.

Last edited:
In my opinion therr could be several scenereos why she didnt resist..
1. could havr allready been out side meaning she was sneaking out to meet someone..
2. could have been tazed or knocked unconscous then carriend out
3.could have complied thinking she could run once she got outside (remember she did run track) then fpund out once she was out that she was stuck.
4. could have completely been in shock or terrorfied and unable to resist.

as for not taking anything with her im not sure if anyoje in thr extended family would know that anything was missing if she did take shoes... a coat...sweatshirt etc.

RBBM
Maybe she left things behind that she normally would not leave the house with: eg. medication, money, ID etc.

I haven’t been following the thread closely, so I’m sorry if this has already been covered.

If Jayme was going to the other school since she was little and her aunt was helping with that then why is it unusual? Aunt moves closer and Jayme is older now so her parents think its okay for her to start riding the bus and going to school closer to home. Since she lives there and goes to church there then she probably already knows plenty of kids her age at that school. The girls she dances with might be at that school.

RBBM
Maybe she left things behind that she normally would not leave the house with: eg. medication, money, ID etc.

I haven’t been following the thread closely, so I’m sorry if this has already been covered.
I haven't heard that she was on any medication. At her age, it's unlikely that she had much money or any ID. The only thing I might expect her to take (other than clothes and her dog) would be the phone left charging in the kitchen. Either way, I'm willing to believe she took nothing with her until I hear otherwise. MOO

Anyone else think maybe two perps ??
If you look at doors... glass door was not broken yet taken...

Wood door was shot through..taken as well

Just seems odd set up angle one perp hold glass door then shooting through wood door..

I dunno just thought some distance between shooter and door..

Maybe 1 perp holds glass door.. just weird all that destruction yet storm door ok
Could have been two or more perps, of course. But the glass door thing could have easily been handled by just one perp. I've kicked in a house's door while holding open a glass storm door -- didn't require any special gymnastics. And while I've never fired a gun through a door (and there's no confirmation by LE that that happened at the Closs house), I don't think it would be much of a problem to have a glass storm door resting against your backside while firing a gun through a house's front door.

If Jayme was going to the other school since she was little and her aunt was helping with that then why is it unusual? Aunt moves closer and Jayme is older now so her parents think its okay for her to start riding the bus and going to school closer to home. Since she lives there and goes to church there then she probably already knows plenty of kids her age at that school. The girls she dances with might be at that school.
Exactly -- I think the "caretaker" thing is a dead end.

If
Could have been two or more perps, of course. But the glass door thing could have easily been handled by just one perp. I've kicked in a house's door while holding open a glass storm door -- didn't require any special gymnastics. And while I've never fired a gun through a door (and there's no confirmation by LE that that happened at the Closs house), I don't think it would be much of a problem to have a glass storm door resting against your backside while firing a gun through a house's front door

I think it was neighbors quoted as shots through door.. told by le. But neighbors said they were told that ...

Don’t have confirmed gun or ammo either.. but if you want loud / lethal. That might look like someone shot up door. OO shotgun would fit...

Loud powerful gun would seem hard to handle one handed .. esp shotgun..

2nd perp would make easier on shooter... also easier to get caught..

Agree with u on door... there insanely easy to kick through. And if house is 15 yrs old with non security frame.. very ez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState