AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The patio doors. I had some like that but mine were painted. I imagine they are old and the glass is double paned with condensation between the panes. That happened to my very expensive patio door as well as to some windows I had.

The wood on the patio door is water stained. I imagine the wood was never finished or the finish has worn off. When it rains or perhaps when the snow piles up next to the door, the water stains it.

As far as the weird drippy things at the bottom, really it could be anything. Maybe they spilled bbq sauce when barbecuing.

I was about ready to accept that the left inner side of this patio door mess is stationary, but the second and third images show a horizontal line exactly where a slider lock bar would be. How do you have a slider that butts up to a hinged door?

I think it's a home-made T-handle to make it easier to open the wooden sliding door.
If that's true, then why is there a deadbolt lock 6" above the handle. It wouldn't lock anything if that were a slider...

I was about ready to accept that the left inner side of this patio door mess is stationary, but the second and third images show a horizontal line exactly where a slider lock bar would be. How do you have a slider that butts up to a hinged door?
I'm not good at this, so where are you seeing hinges? I originally looked for hinges but did not see any.

I'm not good at this, so where are you seeing hinges? I originally looked for hinges but did not see any.
There are no hinges visible, but it was suggested earlier that the left side behind the screen is stationary, and the right more like a regular hinged door. That doesn't make much sense to me, but a deadbolt on the right would support that. If they are standard type dual sliders, then what's with the deadbolt on the right?

Has it been confirmed yet... there was no laptop/ extra tablet they found ??

They went back and looked for it??

Can they not simply do WiFi usage chart 90 days before Crime... sync that with phone usage 90 days. Before crime ??

If WiFi/router being used late at night... phones not hitting same time... there’s gotta be tablet/laptop?? Doubt perp got jayme through online game/chat but never know.

There are no hinges visible, but it was suggested earlier that the left side behind the screen is stationary, and the right more like a regular hinged door. That doesn't make much sense to me, but a deadbolt on the right would support that. If they are standard type dual sliders, then what's with the deadbolt on the right?
I Googled patio doors and found a door mfg. by Anderson that is very similar. Called gliders and have a door handle and lock.
But, now I am rethinking the layout of the interior. I think the door must open into a kitchen area and maybe a hallway. You wouldn't have a bedroom with a patio door off a deck where you obviously entertain and lounge about. Also, I think in earlier pictures there were trash cans and stuff on the deck.
The only way I can see that being a bedroom would be if someone needed their own entrance and exit. Certainly not a child.
Wish we had a floor plan. Can you tell from the roof or pipe pictures where the kitchen and bathrooms might be?

I Googled patio doors and found a door mfg. by Anderson that is very similar. Called gliders and have a door handle and lock.
But, now I am rethinking the layout of the interior. I think the door must open into a kitchen area and maybe a hallway. You wouldn't have a bedroom with a patio door off a deck where you obviously entertain and lounge about. Also, I think in earlier pictures there were trash cans and stuff on the deck.
The only way I can see that being a bedroom would be if someone needed their own entrance and exit. Certainly not a child.
Wish we had a floor plan. Can you tell from the roof or pipe pictures where the kitchen and bathrooms might be?
Yep. The kitchen is right through the patio doors. You can see the fridge in the photos. Jayme's bedroom wall is behind the fridge. That would put her bedroom door around the corner next to that fridge.

The bathroom is most likely where you see the smaller raised window in the photo of the rear of the house.

Thinking out loud, again there are multiple MOs here (and crimes) as related to this incident: home invasion, double homicide, kidnapping of a minor, much like in Hania’s case (carjacking, kidnapping). Somehow I think this is key: Someone(s) who crosses over and into all of these, criminal-history wise.

ETA: Just remembered something I learned/made a note of Hania’s case: Check State DOC Databases

WI State Offender:
Welcome Page

“WELCOME TO OFFENDER LOCATOR

Information regarding offenders with the Wisconsin Department of Corrections (DOC) is made available as a public service and in the interest of public safety. The DOC updates this information periodically to ensure that it is complete and accurate; however, this information can change quickly. Therefore, the information on this site may not reflect the true current location, status, release date or other information regarding an offender.

This database provides public record information of convicted offenders who were sentenced to incarceration, supervision, or both with the DOC. The database, however, does not provide all possible offender information on all possible offenders. For example, it does not provide information on offenders sentenced to county jail, nor does it provide information on adjudicated (juvenile) offenders or those of interest to the Department of Justice.“

(ETA:
https://www.doj.state.wi.us/ )

—-

WI DOC Home

WI VINELink

ETA /Here’s an idea, not sure if posted/looked at:

MAP / murderdata.org
Murder Accountability Project

WS Links:

Murder Accountability Project

Welcome to The Murder Accountability Project!

Hi Everyone,

Do we have a site for you! The Murder Accountability Project.

The message below is from Tom Hargrove. Mr. Hargrove is the Director of the Murder Accountability Project.

The Murder Accountability Project is a nonprofit group based in Alexandria, Virginia, and operated by a Board of Directors that includes veteran homicide investigators, investigative journalists and homicide scholars. The project is intended to be a resource for police,
journalists and families of murder victims who want to know more about unsolved murders in their communities. The project is provided free-of-charge and can be accessed at www.murderdata.org

This website gives the public easy-to-use access to two datasets maintained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation: the Uniform Crime Report from 1965 to the present and — more useful for police investigators — the Supplemental Homicide Report from 1976 to the present. These are voluntary reporting systems, meaning local police are not required to provide any information to the FBI.

The Murder Accountability Project, using the Freedom of Information Act, has obtained data on more than 22,000 homicides that were not reported to the Justice Department. This means the information at www.murderdata.org is the most complete data on U.S. homicides available anywhere.

To download the four-page briefing document we give to homicide investigators, click on this link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59764882/HowToForMAP2016.pdf

In the coming weeks, we will be working with Mr. Hargrove and his incredible group of people to show you how you can use the information the group offerers for your local community

.So much to tell you but for now please get familiar with the site. Feel free to post questions.

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

—-
Here’s another resource I recently discovered:

My Neighborhood Update - Help

“Our mission is simple. We want to help facilitate the flow of information from local law-enforcement agencies into the community. We feel this action will allow you to more easily see the a more complete picture of the history and current trends in every area of your city or county.

This service is funded by local police departments and sheriffs' offices who are customer of the Ops Force service from Corona Solutions. Each agency has the option to utilize My Neighborhood Update to share this information with the communities they serve. The data you see here is generated by 9-1-1 dispatch systems across the United States and then rapidly processed to be presented to you, via this web site. Not every agency subscribes to this service. If your area is not shown here, we encourage you to contact your local police department or county sheriff's office and ask them to check us out!“

Last edited:
Yep. The kitchen is right through the patio doors. You can see the fridge in the photos. Jayme's bedroom wall is behind the fridge. That would put her bedroom door around the corner next to that fridge.

The bathroom is most likely where you see the smaller raised window in the photo of the rear of the house.
I can see that now. Thank you. I thought it was a reflection. So now I can understand phone being found in the hall doorway of the bathroom. Jayme could of run into the bathroom with the phone after she got it off the counter where it was charging. Or was trying to escape out the backdoor and perp grabbed her in the hallway.
Course same is true of mom..she could have already been in bathroom and came out to get the phone and perp saw her and shot. Sorry, I'm rambling because there are so many possibilities.

ugh I cannot find the drawing. [hypothetical floor plan]

I've seen one not on here, I don't know whether it's the same as what was posted here so I don't want to share, since either way it's just hypothetical. But the one I saw has the kitchen in the front right. Which now that you mention it doesn't make a lot of sense... it's a lot easier to plumb if it's in a straight line one way or another with the bathroom.

Something else I keep going back too, and I’m not sure if I remember all this accurately, correct me if not:

The city P.D. was the first responder.
Response was four minutes after the call.

The Sheriff's department was the first responder. Sheriff is county, police is city.
Response was 7 minutes and 3 seconds after the start of the 911 call, 4 minutes and 28 seconds after dispatch.

From the Sheriff's Dept to the Closs house is 2.8 miles, 5 minutes drive per google maps. That's without pushing it, and with normal daytime traffic. And that is just about the furthest away they could have been if in town, other places in town are closer. From Jennie-O for example, it's 4 minutes.

I knew he said it was on the right, I don't recall "immediately"? I guess that answers that question. :)

"He said he noticed the patio door was unlocked and walked in and “immediately located a room off to the right that he believed belonged to Jayme Closs. The defendant stated that, while he was in Jayme’s room, he located a closet that was full of clothes,” the complaint alleges."

The more I look... what kind of patio door is that? I've been in and worked on hundreds - if not thousands - of homes, and I've never seen one like that. The left is a metal frame slider, but the rest doesn't make sense. Why is there a knob on the right (and why does it look like a deadbolt mounted outside)? Next to that is a doorbell. The whole thing looks odd.

French doors with a screen on the left side?

Totally freaked out now by the gunky drippy stain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214