AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact is, there has been no confirmation that James worked on that Sunday. None. The only confirmation is that relatives said Denise told them James was working, saying that is why he didn't attend the party. Just as easily could have been a case of James wanting to stay home and watch football that day, so Denise used the working story as an excuse.

OK, thanks. It should be easy enough to confirm so, it looks like another bit of information that's not been confirmed or contradicted publicly.

Are you sure the arrest was the next day? I have it as Oct 31.

Ah, that was when additional charges filed I think. Spoke with him the next day, arrested Oct 17. That house does provide an interesting option on where the attack/escape could have started/happened.
Indeed!

All of that is solved in a unoccupied rental or business that the perp owns. Plus it’s probably closer, no one questions heat/elec/water being on, and if he’s been working on the “remodel” (prison) for any length of time, nobody questions his coming and going a couple times a week. A run down little bungalow on the edge of town is probably cheaper than a hunting cabin a person could survive the winter in too (?). The issue I have with this idea is: eventually someone is going to start asking questions about when is it going to be ready for rent/sale... So, then I think an old business property is a better idea (does Barron have an industrial area?), but then I get into Jigsaw-esque levels of foolishness...

Now I see what you are saying. At first I thought you meant someone else's boarded up business or empty rental home (kind of like moving into a foreclosed rural property that is vacant--breaking in). You are talking about preparing a place that is his. It would certainly fit with some former cases and perps. Just drive Highway 8 and you will see empty businesses and sheds. Those though would be on a main highway but still, no reason to pull in, business is closed or hasn't existed in years. Not saying that highway is likely, I am just saying your theory can find such places just about anywhere... Food for thought...

Now I see what you are saying. At first I thought you meant someone else's boarded up business or empty rental home (kind of like moving into a foreclosed rural property that is vacant--breaking in). You are talking about preparing a place that is his. It would certainly fit with some former cases and perps. Just drive Highway 8 and you will see empty businesses and sheds. Those though would be on a main highway but still, no reason to pull in, business is closed or hasn't existed in years. Not saying that highway is likely, I am just saying your theory can find such places just about anywhere... Food for thought...
Also could consider a recreational vehicle or mobile home that is not in use because of winter months, one that is parked on property and therefore doesn't look out of the ordinary.

All of that is solved in a unoccupied rental or business that the perp owns. Plus it’s probably closer, no one questions heat/elec/water being on, and if he’s been working on the “remodel” (prison) for any length of time, nobody questions his coming and going a couple times a week. A run down little bungalow on the edge of town is probably cheaper than a hunting cabin a person could survive the winter in too (?). The issue I have with this idea is: eventually someone is going to start asking questions about when is it going to be ready for rent/sale... So, then I think an old business property is a better idea (does Barron have an industrial area?), but then I get into Jigsaw-esque levels of foolishness...

Why couldn’t he have Jayme at his own home? The Turpins had 13 children living in hell in a suburban neighborhood where it looks like you could shake hands with your neighbor through your kitchen windows.

Why couldn’t he have Jayme at his own home? The Turpins had 13 children living in hell in a suburban neighborhood where it looks like you could shake hands with your neighbor through your kitchen windows.
He would run the risk of someone dropping by unannounced and seeing her or seeing extra food or other items lying around that would be hard to explain.

Is anyone else suspicious of a relative at the party?
I’m meh regarding where James was that day because he certainly wouldn’t be the first man to get out of a family gathering especially a birthday party of a young child!

I’m leaning toward the cabin theory too! Jayme was taken for a reason and I think she may be being held somewhere.

Who is the uncle who is a realtor? Is this the same guy who we can’t find the interview of or seems to have been deleted? TIA!

Last edited:
He would run the risk of someone dropping by unannounced and seeing her or seeing extra food or other items lying around that would be hard to explain.

A person that would do something like that probably does not have friends that drop by. Ariel Castro kept three females in his basement for years. Jaycee Dugard lived in that creep’s backyard with a mother and wife, no less

1. Someone who loved Jayme would not brutally murder her parents and take Jayme and hide her, preventing her from seeing her relatives and friends, and her dog. Not by my definition of love. Nothing suggests that there was anything Jayme needed to be saved from. We can surmise all kinds of things, sure, but none of it has any basis in fact (as far as we know).

2. LE hasn’t indicated that they’ve encountered any kind of problem in verifying James’s whereabouts. Just because they’ve chosen not to share that information with the GP doesn’t mean the issue is in doubt. If something turned up that was out of the ordinary, LE would be all over it. But they’re still at square one when it comes to a motive.

3. The camera, as someone already mentioned, probably was set up to spare LE the expense of having a deputy stationed at the house 24/7. It probably isn’t that unusual before a house has been released to a third party. Besides, if LE really was waiting for someone, they would have said nothing about the panty thief, thus blowing their cover.

I would say to pay someone to stay at the house versus watching by camera 24/7 would not be any cheaper unless something notified them by activation. I believe DCI and LE responded pretty quickly to the PT. Either way people are on duty. Just my thinking anyhow. Video also gives proof, proof by eyesight in a court case.

They had to tell the public about the PT. They arrested him and he would be arraigned and or/have a bond hearing or however it goes and this would be public record as of some time Monday. If they did not tell the public, the local papers would pick up on it on their court news at the very least and it would look like they had hidden it from the public and people would have even been even more like wth??

imo.

It seems to me that James probably did go to work and Denise and Jayme left the party when they did so they could arrive home when James would be getting there. I believe they said 4 pm was when they left. The party was probably started around lunch time and family just hangs out until someone has to go. That is how it always goes at our kids parties.

I would say to pay someone to stay at the house versus watching by camera 24/7 would not be any cheaper unless something notified them by activation. I believe DCI and LE responded pretty quickly to the PT. Either way people are on duty. Just my thinking anyhow. Video also gives proof, proof by eyesight in a court case.

They had to tell the public about the PT. They arrested him and he would be arraigned and or/have a bond hearing or however it goes and this would be public record as of some time Monday. If they did not tell the public, the local papers would pick up on it on their court news at the very least and it would look like they had hidden it from the public and people would have even been even more like wth??

imo.
I’ll see if I can find a link, but I’m certain that the monitored camera(s) placed in the Closs house were the work of Wi DOJ - not the Sherrif’s Dept. FWIW.

I wonder how the man who kept Abigail Hernandez in the container over a New Hampshire winter heated that.

I think she went in the house?

Otherwise, I have no clue. What would he use? A space heater$$$$$$$$. Any other kind of heat needs a chimney or some way to get rid of the exhaust but the heating$$$$$$

Wondering if the camera placement was SOP or based on the suggestion of someone?
We have friends who have a 3 season cabin although not in the North and they use a quardzilla device to ascertain whether the place had been breached and also to monitor continued electrical service and no busted pipes. This place also has exterior cameras with internet viewing/ monitoring. Might someone in the Real Estate field know if someone who owns or lists cabins in the vicinity would use similar devices? If someone has property listed in Wisconsin, would they continue electric and water service especially this time of year?
I know on the Siever’s thread we have questioned whether the bank maintained these services while awaiting sale/auction.
Any real estate pros who might weigh in?

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting but I have followed WS for years off and on. Thank you to the admins for approving my request to join and to everyone here for your efforts to help bring kids like Jayme home. I have a few thoughts but one I wanted to bring up in regards to the sherrif. Why the "interview" in the Daily Mail? It's a UK publication whose main demographic includes 58 year old conservatives and its not know for being reliable. Do we know if that article is factually correct and, if it is, is it possible the sherrif interviewed with them knowing in advance that people would not know for sure if it was credible? Possibly another strategy on the part of the sheriff and the FBI to keep things in the press, while at the same time keeping things a little unclear?

I guess it makes some sense the abductor isn’t extraordinarily rich and might take advantage of an unused small hunting cabin out in the middle of no where to hold Jayme through the winter months. If so, it’s not a well thought out plan, and doesn’t seem to be one that is sustainable. Many of those are out in the middle of no where, with an outhouse, and only cans of food available, if any food is available at all.

It make some sense the abductor(s) might have an apartment and using some psychological tricks to keep her there, even if he/they has to work. It’s so hard to fathom how long that could go on.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member