AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
did we decide if the wood front door swung inward from the same side the storm door swung outward or did we decide the hinges were on one side for the storm door and another side for the wood door, I understand the wood swung toward inside and storm swung toward the outside. not trying to debate it all again, just trying to recall.
Yes. Both were hinged from the same side. 99.9 percent sure on that.
Really awkward if ithey weren’t.

It was a motion-activated camera monitored by Wisconsin DCI. This was menyioned in the Probable Cause secton of the criminal complaint against the panty thief. I'm guessing that investigators set it to send them a notification when it was activated.

http://www.trbas.com/media/media/acrobat/2018-10/47341676608180-30052552.pdf
Thanks! This thread moves so fast that I forgot to go link hunting for that. :)

I don’t believe that the patio door had no lock on it. It was left unlocked. It’s all very curious. I don’t think their raccoon trap caught the right critter. :D

Perhaps the person who has Jayme stays at the cabin continuously, not caring whether the power goes out and if the pipes bust it’s not a big deal because hot showers and toilet use are not a priority to him and don’t meet his needs. I’m desperately searching for a viable option for her to still be alive. Again, former military anyone? I don’t believe there is a partner at least not knowingly ugh I hate this.
When did hunting season begin and end?

Pipes bursting means your walls are destroyed, And everyone needs water. You cannot live without water.

We live in WI and have a cabin a couple hours from our home. We winterize our cabin every year by blowing all of the water out of the pipes with an air compressor and pouring antifreeze down all of the drains. There is electricity there, but it isn't on when we aren't there. (only heat is a woodstove). We do use our cabin in the winter, but we just don't turn the water on. We bring several containers of water with us. When we are done, we just put more antifreeze down the drains. But if we didn't use it, there would be no need to go check on the place all winter.

You have never had a break in?

I guess shutting the power off would eliminate this but what about those big 300 watt bulbs in a ceramic socket, do they use them there to keep pipes from freezeing?

No.Not a chance.

When we lived in MN and sometimes it got to -20 , the pipes in the house would start to freeze if we did not have the water run a bit. People even end starting their house on fire using devices in the house to try to defrost the pipes.

It gets cold there. Mighty cold. And that is not adding wind chill that can drop it to minus 60.

Unless a cabin is winterized which means insulated really well and having excellent windows, heating it in the winter is like burning dollar bills. Ca ching ca ching

I guess shutting the power off would eliminate this but what about those big 300 watt bulbs in a ceramic socket, do they use them there to keep pipes from freezeing?

No.Not a chance.

When we lived in MN and sometimes it got to -20 , the pipes in the house would start to freeze if we did not have the water run a bit. People even end starting their house on fire using devices in the house to try to defrost the pipes.

It gets cold there. Mighty cold. And that is not adding wind chill that can drop it to minus 60.

Unless a cabin is winterized which means insulated really well and having excellent windows, heating it in the winter is like burning dollar bills. Ca ching ca ching

By all accounts, Jayme had brought a small gift for everyone at the family party, that's just the type of thoughtful thing she would do. (read a family member mention that early on). It sounded like they had a good time, which is bittersweet to think about, considering the horror of later that evening.
Actually, Jayme did not bring a gift for everyone at the party. That was Denise. She brought treat bags for the all the kids, and her family said that was the nature of her personality.

I know we can't discuss it but I gotta go on record as saying this is not right. If we were all reading about a different case, one that was solved, and we saw the info re: he who must not be named, nobody would be surprised.

Last edited:
I think some people just think it's unlikely. At least the camp that I'm in. Certainly not offended by it, and it's something that is fair to discuss.

To me, the idea that a 13 year old girl from a blue collar family in a small town would be sophisticated enough to have a second cell phone is a little far-fetched.

It would shock me even more if she was in contact with a boyfriend/pedophile/etc. and the FBI couldn't find that connection.

That being said, it's certainly possible. Likely? No.

I put it in the same category as any theory that involves Jayme being a participant in her parents murders -- there is zero evidence to support it, but it can't be 100% ruled out.

Not real sure what's "sophisticated" about it. You don't get towns that are much smaller than mine-fewer than 2,000 people in the entire county (city limits only has 500). You can literally buy these phones in any Dollar General store in my town. You walk in, hand over the money, and get your phone and the phone card. My son did it himself when he was 10. It's not any different than buying anything else in the store. There are no contracts involved.

I am not sold on this idea one way or the other. I don't have strong feelings about what happened in this case at all. I can't help but think that the main resistance to this idea is because it somehow implies something bad about Jayme. It doesn't. As I said in my other post, nobody outside of my immediate family knows that our son has his own phone. (Well, you all do now, of course.) It's a backup safety measure and I know other people who have provided them for THEIR children as well.

Thank you, and my apologies. There is a timeline that I read that says he worked til 11:00, so that appears to just be wrong.

Just another example of we think we have some facts and then find out we have no facts at all. I am one that does not believe he worked on Sunday. For a variety of reasons.

Just another example of we think we have some facts and then find out we have no facts at all. I am one that does not believe he worked on Sunday. For a variety of reasons.

I don't know what his normal work schedule is, but I did just look up the place out of curiosity. It's a 24/7 operation and although it's call a "turkey store", it appears to be a huge animal processing plant. I was picturing an actual store.

(/city girl :))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members