AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember it that way too. I mentioned it some time back. I went over and over the Internet videos last night every which way but could not find it. Darn.

There are enough of us who saw it that I know we weren’t all dreaming!! Frustrating when things are taken down.

On another case I follow (Abby & Libby) there were a couple of interviews that were posted in MSM and then parts were removed. Makes me want to screenshot everything but then I would need a phone with more memory.

There are enough of us who saw it that I know we weren’t all dreaming!! Frustrating when things are taken down.

On another case I follow (Abby & Libby) there were a couple of interviews that were posted in MSM and then parts were removed. Makes me want to screenshot everything but then I would need a phone with more memory.

I remember it the way you do as well, and I do believe that if FBI asked the news networks to cut something in an interview for the sake of safety in the case that they would. I guess it doesn’t matter who remembers or not as long as LE was told and in this case I’m pretty sure they were.

i agree we have very little to go on and certainly should only exclude possibilities based on facts or certainties.

in the scenario i'm envisioning, there are 3 victims, perhaps victims is a better term than target here. two victims were executed, one was abducted. different intentions for different victims.

Three victims, absolutely. Of course that doesn't mean that all three were targeted, or for that matter, that anybody at all was specifically targeted. There is just no way to know with the paucity and sparsity of facts we have to go on. (Sort of like the Mollie Tibbetts case or the Libby and Abby case, trying to determine if the crime was specifically targeted or somewhat random is virtually impossible from the outside looking in, without knowing the actual person or people responsible, and even then it is sometimes hazy.) We don't even know for sure why Jayme was taken or what led to her being taken. There are multiple possibilities.

Unfortunately, keeping an open mind is difficult, when all you really want is to see a resolution.

I do remember something about their dog, but to correct one point, they reported they had not been to sleep yet when they heard the two shots. moo
Just to throw a monkey wrench into this conversation , the neighbor said that the sounds could have been backfires, which if they were, they may have been produced at the time the perps were arriving at the home. The lethal shots could have not been heard by anyone and could have been anytime later up to the phone call.

Denise’s brother Steve said he had an idea. He did not name a person. He said he had an idea. Quite a few of us discussed it at the time.

I found the discussion about it. On thread 27, page 23. Below is the video that was linked:

Question: Do you have any gut feeling about what may have happened? Or do you really, really just not know?

Steve: Got quite a few gut feelings...so...it's not just one.
Suzi: No, not just one.
Jennifer: And then they change from day to day, different stuff you hear.

Those are the direct quotes. If there is another interview that lead to another discussion, then it has been deleted. That wouldn't make sense, because WS doesn't delete things unless they violate TOS -- and discussing a quote from an interview would not violate TOS.

I really think this one of those things where someone on WS misinterpreted something about an interview, and someone else saw it and took it as fact, and then it grew legs and became something it wasn't. It happens on here all the time, and I'm no different than others in that I've done it before.

I'd love for you guys to find something showing the interview, because something like that would make me think differently about the case and help me along. But without a video link, I'm going to respectfully disregard any further discussion about it because it can't be verified in any way so there is no reason to think it exists.

I remember it the way you do as well, and I do believe that if FBI asked the news networks to cut something in an interview for the sake of safety in the case that they would. I guess it doesn’t matter who remembers or not as long as LE was told and in this case I’m pretty sure they were.
I remember thinking how rude and they should have let him finish speaking.

Were you thinking the dogs were looking for electronics that belong to the Closses and any that might have been in the house unknown to the parents and/ or cameras put up by the Closses or possibly the perpetrator that might have been installed in the house to watch the Closses?

I think just looking for anything. Could be:

- tablets/computers/phones owned by the Closses that were used for secret communication
- cameras set up by the Closses
- hidden cameras NOT set up by the Closses
- old tablets/computers/phones that may have contained previous communications
- hidden flashdrives (with material on them that showed some kind of illegal activity)
- just anything to help with the investigation that they may have missed

Not that I believe they had a reason to think there would be any of these, but that they were just doing it to be thorough. Just wanted anything that would give them direction.

IMO, the picture of Jayme at the party looks like she rather be anywhere else but there. She just doesn't appear very happy. I also think it was Denise that brought everyone gifts.
I keep going back to this crime happening on a Sunday night for some reason. Could Jayme have been upset and not wanting to go to school on Monday. Maybe she called the perp(s) to come get her? A runaway scenario? IMO, this could explain the perp only entering the house 5 feet. Everything escalated and shots fired? JMO?!?! With a car they perp(s) & Jayme could be clear across the country by now. Maybe LE just can't locate them yet.

BBM

What picture from the party? I am assuming the party from that weekend? I would like to see which picture that was please! TIA!!

I found the discussion about it. On thread 27, page 23. Below is the video that was linked:

Question: Do you have any gut feeling about what may have happened? Or do you really, really just not know?

Steve: Got quite a few gut feelings...so...it's not just one.
Suzi: No, not just one.
Jennifer: And then they change from day to day, different stuff you hear.

Those are the direct quotes. If there is another interview that lead to another discussion, then it has been deleted. That wouldn't make sense, because WS doesn't delete things unless they violate TOS -- and discussing a quote from an interview would not violate TOS.

I really think this one of those things where someone on WS misinterpreted something about an interview, and someone else saw it and took it as fact, and then it grew legs and became something it wasn't. It happens on here all the time, and I'm no different than others in that I've done it before.

I'd love for you guys to find something showing the interview, because something like that would make me think differently about the case and help me along. But without a video link, I'm going to respectfully disregard any further discussion about it because it can't be verified in any way so there is no reason to think it exists.
The one I am referring to is just Steve saying he had an idea, and it was MSM, a local news station IIRC. I understand that it has been taken down for a reason, and I am certain LE must have followed up with him regarding his idea. I wish I had screenshotted it.

Just to throw a monkey wrench into this conversation , the neighbor said that the sounds could have been backfires, which if they were, they may have been produced at the time the perps were arriving at the home. The lethal shots could have not been heard by anyone and could have been anytime later up to the phone call.
That's right, she did say, but her husband quickly corrected her.

That's right, she did say, but her husband quickly corrected her.
I was taking the backfire comment from the listing on page one of all these threads under neighbor's account section by the Mr. that he said it could have been backfires. I thought that if the perps were coming from Barron that night that the down shifting that would have caused the backfires would have occurred near the end of their driveway ( the loudest) and the second nearer the Closs home ( the second,more quiet one). Not trying to argue, just thinking of another way to look at things.

BBM

What picture from the party? I am assuming the party from that weekend? I would like to see which picture that was please! TIA!!

I believe this is the photo being referred to - yes, this was from that weekend's party:

Jayme_2.jpg

[Editing] to add that we've all probably been snapped on camera looking bored or disinterested when the opposite was the case, so I'm not sure how much I'm willing to read into this shot, given there are others of her smiling at the same party.

IMO, the picture of Jayme at the party looks like she rather be anywhere else but there. She just doesn't appear very happy. I also think it was Denise that brought everyone gifts.
I keep going back to this crime happening on a Sunday night for some reason. Could Jayme have been upset and not wanting to go to school on Monday. Maybe she called the perp(s) to come get her? A runaway scenario? IMO, this could explain the perp only entering the house 5 feet. Everything escalated and shots fired? JMO?!?! With a car they perp(s) & Jayme could be clear across the country by now. Maybe LE just can't locate them yet.
I agree, in my opinion Jayme does not look happy or like she is enjoying the party.

Interesting that one of her aunts stated that Jayme was quiet at the party.

Not this one, either. He’s laughs in this answer. The one I recall he was upset and angry, albeit restrained. I’m almost certain it was from the first interview...

Yes, it was very early on. I remember being surprised that his comment wasn’t followed up on, that he seemed to clam up after making that one remark. MOO.

I am pretty tenacious and don’t give up on finding things BUT in this case all references to Steve’s statement appear to have been removed from the World Wide Web.

Last edited:
I believe this is the photo being referred to - yes, this was from that weekend's party:

Jayme_2.jpg

[Editing] to add that we've all probably been snapped on camera looking bored or disinterested when the opposite was the case, so I'm not sure how much I'm willing to read into this shot, given there are others of her smiling at the same party.

Thank you!
I didn’t know this was from the party from that weekend. This is more of an “I’m 13, bored, not paying attention” picture more than anything else. I wouldn’t read too much more into it. People need to stop trying to pick everything apart... think simple... ;)

Respectfully, I think you might be remembering it incorrectly. During the Mollie Tibbetts case I was 100% sure that a LE said something in an interview. I found the clip after like two hours of searching and it actually said the opposite of what I thought. So, I guess I just want to point out that we all can have memory lapses when cases go on for a long time.

I looked through every interview with the family I could find. They are directly asked many times if they have a gut feeling about what happened. In every single one I've been able to find they say they don't really have a clue.

The closest I could find (link below) is one where Denise's brother is asked if he has any gut feelings about it, and he kind of laughs and says "Got quite a few gut feelings...not just one." And then her sister (I believe the same one who made the family statement at the press conference) adds "And they change from day to day, different stuff you hear."

There's an interview (link below) with James' side of the family where they are asked about what they think happened. James' brother flat out says "I have no idea". His sister says that she doesn't have a gut feeling, and her first instinct was that it was someone from work, but that the only reason she thinks that is because James spent a vast majority of his time at work.

KARE 11 on Twitter

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the family did ever say anything about having an idea about who did it that would be very different from what they've said in other interviews. I kind of think some people are just remembering it wrong. (Which is totally okay!!) Respectfully, that is my take.
I do appreciate your thought and time with this. However, allow me to be more specific about what I was referencing.

I believe the segment in question was from the first interview, where the family was seated on a sofa. During the exchange, the camera was primarily focused on the brother, Steven. His answer was without hesitation and what really stood out for me was his demeanor. Along with the sadness and disbelief that the whole family showed, his answer was angry and obvious. It wasn't the, "oh, there's ideas" of the second interview, it was succinct and he owned it.

I saw it. Clearly others have seen it. It existed. It does not now.

I Have a question forgive me for my bluntness.

How on earth did the 911 operator receive the SOS call, listen, call back no answer, identify the owner of said mobile phone and location of the caller/mobile phone, Then try the landline, glean information landline was disconnected and then get several LE units there in 4 minutes. How? Just pondering nothing more flipping quick and good going

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member