AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one would be arrested less than 3 months in if they did not have enough on them, it would not mean there is no POI, and the fact remains Jayme is still missing. It would be a game of weighing the risks. You try to arrest and/or charge too early without enough cause or evidence and it is dismissed, the perp now knows you are looking at him, and what about Jayme? You bring him in too many times, he may lawyer up and feel you are looking at him and there goes your chance for interrogation and perhaps so far freely given interviews of the perp, and what about Jayme? Worst case scenario, the case proceeds, there is enough, but still, where is Jayme?

They may know not one thing; they may know exactly whodunit and be near an arrest; and they may be somewhere in the middle of both of those things...

Just my thoughts today...
Your thoughts mirror mine today. They have a POI.

My question is not about shell casings though, it is, how did a perp who only went about 5 feet into the home, see a small cell phone on the floor much further in when the police did not even see Denise's body at first when they arrived? How did he know a call had even been placed to LE.? He reportedly never went past the body in the doorway? Or did he?
i was thinking perp saw denise dialing the phone and that's when she was shot....but then again, going on the supposed facts (emphasis supposed), if denise was found barricaded in the bathroom and the phone wasn't near either body, that's probably not a likely scenario. if someone is holding a phone while they're shot, the phone would drop near them right? is it possible the phone could fly out of their hand? i would think so, depending on how and where they were shot. but not real sure of the physics of it.

So- this is crazy long shot

But was it ever determined who the person was last week that was at the hospital & was thought it could be Jayme....? Any chance there may be a connection (even if was not Jayne)& it's been kept hushed & will be revealed at next press conference?

TIA

It is a great question as to how they all were so close to the killer.

Jayme would not be up at 1:00 AM on a school night. What time does school start?

The only reason I can see is that maybe she is sick with the flu or something and is awake.

Otherwise, why would she be up?

It seems unusual that the parents might be up. I would guess they had day shifts being at Jennio so long.

Or maybe James liked the night shift. Sleep during the day and see his family when they came home?
Don’t forget, you have take carrying a hundred pounds to your mode of getaway and driving at least to the first hill, turn off of the hiway or be out of earshot (if you’re not taking the hi-way), off of the four minutes. LE didn’t see or hear anyone. Considering that, he had to have them in the front room, or make them want to get there as quickly as possible. That’s what I can’t figure, what plan can make that happen with some degree of certainty?? A “fire” is the best I can come up with...

i was thinking perp saw denise dialing the phone and that's when she was shot....but then again, going on the supposed facts (emphasis supposed), if denise was found barricaded in the bathroom and the phone wasn't near either body, that's probably not a likely scenario. if someone is holding a phone while they're shot, the phone would drop near them right? is it possible the phone could fly out of their hand? i would think so, depending on how and where they were shot. but not real sure of the physics of it.

I think you would have to fling it

Anything is possible and is very smart if that's the case. I still believe Jayme was target though it's just my gut feeling and opinion.

agreed. that doesn't mean that perp(s) couldn't have also had it out for james and denise at the same time, but since day one i've felt that jayme missing = she was the target. it's the simplest, most straightforward answer which is usually the correct one (Occam's razor)

5 feet only into the house could be explained with blood tracks only going 5 feet into the house. We do not know however if the killer(s) had been in the house before the killings and abduction. He may have had Jayme out of the house and turned and shot James, came in 5 feet and shot Denise. I think James and Denise were both close to the door coming after Jayme. Denise had her phone in hand trying to get help but was shot and died immediately.
Yes could have been in before but for people questioning how they knew only 5 ft
Forensic mapping was ordered 1 1/2 hours into LE involvement. They can measure bullet trajectories, angles and everything you can imagine. Sheriff Fitz may have been just giving an estimate when he said 5 ft but I can almost be sure that the forensic mapping that has been done is in sync with his theory that perp(s) were not very far into home

Don’t forget, you have take carrying a hundred pounds to your mode of getaway and driving at least to the first hill, turn off of the hiway or be out of earshot (if you’re not taking the hi-way), off of the four minutes. LE didn’t see or hear anyone. Considering that, he had to have them in the front room, or make them want to get there as quickly as possible. That’s what I can’t figure, what plan can make that happen with some degree of certainty?? A “fire” is the best I can come up with...

I don’t think you have to carry someone who has a gun pointed at them.

And they went the opposite way of the police.

How far away can you be in a car in one minute?

I keep going back to Mark Fuhrman saying this was about Denise. I just can't wrap my head around that.
Both parents were murdered and Jayme was taken. It seems the perp was there to get Jayme, therefore her parents (who would always be in the way) were murdered.

5 feet only into the house could be explained with blood tracks only going 5 feet into the house. We do not know 9however if the killer(s) had been in the house before the killings and abduction. He may have had Jayme out of the house and turned and shot James, came in 5 feet and shot Denise. I think James and Denise were both close to the door coming after Jayme. Denise had her phone in hand trying to get help but was shot and died immediately.

Very good point Raja,
Your plausible scenario (above) might even place the parents' homicides, AFTER the 911 call was hung up. (or thereabouts.)
Rather than a sequence which has at least one parent gunned down before the 911 call was made from Denise's mobile.
(IMO)

<amateur conjecture from life-experience only>

How do they know what time he was killed?

The Medical examined cannot determine what time someone was killed exactly. It seems like they can only tell within a few hour time period, not minutes

If your heard on 911 call @ 12:52. Cop sees you on floor missing large part of your head...@1:02. We can narrow it down to 10
Minute window ....

So- this is crazy long shot

But was it ever determined who the person was last week that was at the hospital & was thought it could be Jayme....? Any chance there may be a connection (even if was not Jayne)& it's been kept hushed & will be revealed at next press conference?

TIA
I was just about to mention the same thing. It was said it was a missing person in the hospital.

It could also be that knowing they were bringing in dogs, LE didn't look as closely as they might otherwise. I'm not sure we can conclude the tablet was deliberately hidden by its user.
It's been mentioned they had yard sales before. Maybe it was in a box of unsold items and stored away in the garage or basement.

Yes could have been in before but for people questioning how they knew only 5 ft
Forensic mapping was ordered 1 1/2 hours into LE involvement. They can measure bullet trajectories, angles and everything you can imagine. Sheriff Fitz may have been just giving an estimate when he said 5 ft but I can almost be sure that the forensic mapping that has been done is in sync with his theory that perp(s) were not very far into home

Then they would know the person’s height, probably?

If your heard on 911 call @ 12:52. Cop sees you on floor missing large part of your head...@1:02. We can narrow it down to 10
Minute window ....

Which would include the time the neighbors heard the shots

Good catch Magoo, I didn’t see that, lemme ask you if they do this does it give u specific height ... or 2-4 inch window ... how close do u get to actual height ??

I don’t think you have to carry someone who has a gun pointed at them.

And they went the opposite way of the police.

How far away can you be in a car in one minute?
How far you can be is not the question, how far you HAVE to be is the question. They weren’t seen, so they had to at least be over the first hill or around the first corner. I don’t know how far that is on hiway 8 outside Barron.

Carrying her would be the fastest and have the least variables for perp.

I was thinking about the neighbors who heard the shots.
12:38 Seven minutes off because the Sheriff told them their clock was 7 mins off.

So that could make it 12:45. But the clock could have almost advanced to 12:39 so actually more like 12:46.

That could make it fit the timeline.

The Smrekar's clock was 7 minutes fast, not 7 minutes slow. From the Daily Mail 23 October 2018:

Joan said that it was not uncommon to hear hunters out shooting in the area but the lateness and the sheer volume of these shots made her feel they were 'different'.

'They were so close, it must have been right at their door. I asked my husband, "Was that a gunshot?" He said, "Yes, and that's a big gun,"' she recalled.

'I rolled over and my clock said it was 12.38am. But I know it's off by seven minutes or so, so it was more like 12.30am.'

Also i haven't seen where it stated that is was the Sheriff who told them their clock was 7 minutes off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay