AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure what to think about the PC next week. I think Sheriff F had to do something, whether just in a 3 month reminder type scenario or perhaps he will finally share some answers that could rule out a ton of speculation that has been going on in SM.

From the 1st thread to this one, I still hope Jayme is alive and can be reunited with her family. I can't imagine any theory in which she intended to harm/murder her parents. The Closs family are victims, all of them.

If the perp only came 5 feet ( more or less) into the home how did he see or hear (yelling and carrying on) the phone on the floor further into the house? The police didn't even see Denise's body which was further in for some time after they got there. LE rolled up the carpet and removed it leading me to think the phone may have landed on the carpet, then how did the perp hear it hit the floor. And if he did hear it, how did he know LE had been called since he never went near it.
Question is: How did the perp know the phone had fallen to the floor and how did he know that LE had been contacted and know to leave so fast.

These are great questions and observations. As I continue to ask: how in the world was the 911 call disconnected if the perp/s were only within range of the door? IMO, the 911 call contains a ton of useful information.

Sometimes I wonder, albeit a long shot, if it wasn’t James who broke through the door for X reason.

It could also be that knowing they were bringing in dogs, LE didn't look as closely as they might otherwise. I'm not sure we can conclude the tablet was deliberately hidden by its user.

Ita!

I dont think any of the three purposefully hid anything.

It's also obvious nothing of evidentiary value was found on any electronics that helped LE in this case.

If something had been found that pointed in the direction of this suspect we wouldnt be 3 months in without an arrest imo

Right. Out of sight I would understand. But in an area where only a dog is able to find it after a team of investigators did not is very odd to me. I cannot think of a reason to hide a device so well that investigators would not find it when investigating a double murder unless someone REALLY didn't want it found.

It was my understanding that the dogs were brought in concurrently with the investigative team. As I said, the 10/29 article mentions the dogs were already used but it doesn't give a specific date. For all we know the dogs were brought in on Day 2, or Day 7.

Maybe I'm being too lenient with investigators, but I would never expect them to have every inch of every box and bin throughout an entire house scoured in that short amount of time.

Then are you suggesting that the perp did in fact go all the way into the house, find Denise and kill her, and that you don't believe what the sheriff said when he made the comment that the shooter was in their for four minutes and no further than 5 feet in? I am not arguing with you just trying to come to a conclusion.

If you look at call logs I think more logical conclusion is officer arrives.. sees door open and James feet, then sees significant head wound.....reports possible suicide, then reports two shell casings, then I think he backs out and waits for additional officers for 2/3 minutes... or atleast rethinks wtf is going on. .. I just think the second he saw 2 shell casings his mindset changed.. and Denise body Was somewhat close to James.
Could be wrong, and it still doesn’t make sense why fitz won’t disclose this, what odd location would make a difference... or compromise investigation...

Another question that comes to me is that the front door has a 36 inch inward opening arc, probably toward the left as pictures have shown. So wouldn't that be proof that James opened the door before being shot, if the police saw his feet in the doorway when they arrived? If he was shot through the door, then his feet would have been pushed aside for the perp to go in the 5 feet and wouldn't have been in the doorway for the first responder to report on.

Not so sure that tablet has no evidentiary value
MOO

Sometimes I think that LE 'dost protest too much'

They've got nothing, nada, zilch - no DNA, 911 call useless, those cars they wanted info on: forget it. They just don't know! Etc etc

Guess my wishful thinking is in reality they do have clue & with this upcoming press conference they'll reveal their hand & nail the perps

Hey: a girl can dream.... ;)

JMO

If you look at call logs I think more logical conclusion is officer arrives.. sees door open and James feet, then sees significant head wound.....reports possible suicide, then reports two shell casings, then I think he backs out and waits for additional officers for 2/3 minutes... or atleast rethinks wtf is going on. .. I just think the second he saw 2 shell casings his mindset changed.. and Denise body Was somewhat close to James.
Could be wrong, and it still doesn’t make sense why fitz won’t disclose this, what odd location would make a difference... or compromise investigation...
He didn't say two shell casings he said multiple.

Then are you suggesting that the perp did in fact go all the way into the house, find Denise and kill her, and that you don't believe what the sheriff said when he made the comment that the shooter was in their for four minutes and no further than 5 feet in? I am not arguing with you just trying to come to a conclusion.
My scenario/theory which I gave several threads ago is as follows; I believe this was planned thought out and Jayme was the target. I see it unfolding like this, perp waits till he believes everyone is in bed and (hopefully sleeping) possibly he has watched the home for their habits or just took the chance they were in bed. He bangs loudly on the front door (waking all, disoriented caught off guard) James goes to the door while Denise grabs her phone and follows waiting by the bathroom which is right outside her bedroom in the hall and perpendicular to the front door (according to the many great floor plans). Jaymes bedroom leads out into the hall and she is awaken too, sees her mom and runs to her by the bathroom. Denise may have already punched 911 on her phone just in case (I do that if I'm scared) James is shot through the door with a shotgun (which I believe) then door kicked in. Denise hits the call button for 911 as DC and Jayme run into the bathroom. Perp walks straight back to bathroom shoots Denise immediately, kicks phone away and Jayme is there trapped. I believe this is when 911 is connected and what is heard on the call, commotion/yelling, getting Jayme under control to follow etc. Once he has her in control he checks the phone he kicked away (or has her do it) and either Jayme is made too hang up or perp did (prob wearing gloves) This can all be done in minutes, the bathroom is a little more than 5 feet in but I never took that literally, bathroom is straight back. I think the perp chose to do this at this time for a few reasons, I believe he is local and a witness could spot him near Jayme if he tried doing it in the day outside of the house, parents may also know of him and could possibly give LE name of someone they suspect. Either way parents had to die because he wanted to do it undercover from the night less chance for a witness.
I also believe perp had a place prepared to take her, it was dumb luck that he got away before police came. I think its someone in the community that became infatuated with her, a straight up pedophile. Someone DOES know something or at least suspects, frustrating. I hope they have something new to offer next week, I kind of feel they may have a POI already but without evidence.......I don't know if she is deceased or not but I will keep believing so till otherwise confirmed

He didn't say two shell casings he said multiple.
My question is not about shell casings though, it is, how did a perp who only went about 5 feet into the home, see a small cell phone on the floor much further in when the police did not even see Denise's body at first when they arrived? How did he know a call had even been placed to LE.? He reportedly never went past the body in the doorway? Or did he?

Surely any device that was anywhere easily accessible within the home would have been noticed prior to the dog finding it. I guess I found it interesting that a device would have been hidden. I find that extremely odd.

I have two laptops buried under stuff at bottom of my closet...not sure how to dispose of them...maybe like that?

My scenario/theory which I gave several threads ago is as follows; I believe this was planned thought out and Jayme was the target. I see it unfolding like this, perp waits till he believes everyone is in bed and (hopefully sleeping) possibly he has watched the home for their habits or just took the chance they were in bed. He bangs loudly on the front door (waking all, disoriented caught off guard) James goes to the door while Denise grabs her phone and follows waiting by the bathroom which is right outside her bedroom in the hall and perpendicular to the front door (according to the many great floor plans). Jaymes bedroom leads out into the hall and she is awaken too, sees her mom and runs to her by the bathroom. Denise may have already punched 911 on her phone just in case (I do that if I'm scared) James is shot through the door with a shotgun (which I believe) then door kicked in. Denise hits the call button for 911 as DC and Jayme run into the bathroom. Perp walks straight back to bathroom shoots Denise immediately, kicks phone away and Jayme is there trapped. I believe this is when 911 is connected and what is heard on the call, commotion/yelling, getting Jayme under control to follow etc. Once he has her in control he checks the phone he kicked away (or has her do it) and either Jayme is made too hang up or perp did (prob wearing gloves) This can all be done in minutes, the bathroom is a little more than 5 feet in but I never took that literally, bathroom is straight back. I think the perp chose to do this at this time for a few reasons, I believe he is local and a witness could spot him near Jayme if he tried doing it in the day outside of the house, parents may also know of him and could possibly give LE name of someone they suspect. Either way parents had to die because he wanted to do it undercover from the night less chance for a witness.
I also believe perp had a place prepared to take her, it was dumb luck that he got away before police came. I think its someone in the community that became infatuated with her, a straight up pedophile. Someone DOES know something or at least suspects, frustrating. I hope they have something new to offer next week, I kind of feel they may have a POI already but without evidence.......I don't know if she is deceased or not but I will keep believing so till otherwise confirmed
What if they had a problem with the parents and wanted them dead and decided the best way to get away with it was to take the kid so people think its a pedophile?

Another question that comes to me is that the front door has a 36 inch inward opening arc, probably toward the left as pictures have shown. So wouldn't that be proof that James opened the door before being shot, if the police saw his feet in the doorway when they arrived? If he was shot through the door, then his feet would have been pushed aside for the perp to go in the 5 feet and wouldn't have been in the doorway for the first responder to report on.

I always thought 5 ft was odd statement. But thinks it’s bloody mess 5 ft in without footprints so he deduced it.. If door was kicked in partially.. and James flush against door... likely he takes shot through door flung back doesn’t move. Maybe second shot is right through door crack. I’m sure Denise is conflicted. Scared. Hold door open or what..

Also could be James texted somebody I wouldn’t let u 5ft in my house and Fitzgerald playing Kiser soze again...

My question is not about shell casings though, it is, how did a perp who only went about 5 feet into the home, see a small cell phone on the floor much further in when the police did not even see Denise's body at first when they arrived? How did he know a call had even been placed to LE.? He reportedly never went past the body in the doorway? Or did he?
I always thought perhaps the phone just ran out of battery, disconnected and thats why it went to voice mail on call back

I always thought perhaps the phone just ran out of battery, disconnected and thats why it went to voice mail on call back
I can agree with you on that point, but how did the perp, not more that a few feet inside the door, see the small phone or even know that a call had been placed and who the call went to if he never went past Jame's body at the doorway? Assuming James was 6 feet tall or over?
Even the police did not initially see Denise's body until they went in and walked around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL