AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the sighting in Miami is her. If you just kidnapped a girl who was the subject of an AMBER alert and national news coverage, would you let her sit in the front seat of a car casually hanging out at a gas station? Nevermind that she would have just walked through two major airports with a police BOLO for her.

That car could be a rental car which would explain the WI plates. LE should have been able to quickly establish the owner or rental company before releasing the footage to the press. Very strange.

To the poster on the previous thread (sorry I am scatter-brained) who spoke of her husband using reloads and going to the gun range, I get what you are saying.
My first husband was a sniper in the Army. He taught me how to shoot. 100 yards is nothing really.
Who knows what they were shot with? We don't even know yet if they were both shot.
But good thoughts on the reloading. It would make it almost impossible to trace such a casing.
Waiting and hoping for autopsy results at the 4pm briefing.
I do not like where my thoughts are taking me right now.
I just don't. :(
Chi

It was me. I don’t know much about guns, but my husband has two safes full so he knows a thing or two. It sounded left field to me, but raised questions in my head. I don’t know either, but it’s very worrisome.

I’ve seen a couple comments from people who are confused about LE saying there is no danger to the public. I think the reason for this is because they have some sort of information that leads them to believe that ONLY Jayme was specifically targeted therefore the perp wouldn’t be going for any other person since the perp was after Jayme only. I think this is a case of a sexual child predator. All signs are pointing to this. JMO

Do we know if she has her cell phone on her? If so, can they get access and ping it?

We do not know. No mention has been made of her cell phone. All we know is that the 911 call was made from "a cell phone" in the house but LE have not released the number used to make the call.

I will note that she is wearing the same jacket in the photos on the Sheriff's page that she was wearing in the photo her cousin posted yesterday.

I knew they were using older photos. People out there are looking for someone that looks quite different than what has been shared about 1 million times across FB and published throughout the media nationwide.

Don't know why they did that when they had access to the photos yesterday - early.

I don't believe the sighting in Miami is her. If you just kidnapped a girl who was the subject of an AMBER alert and national news coverage, would you let her sit in the front seat of a car casually hanging out at a gas station? Nevermind that she would have just walked through two major airports with a police BOLO for her.

That car could be a rental car which would explain the WI plates. LE should have been able to quickly establish the owner or rental company before releasing the footage to the press. Very strange.

BBM: ITA

A press conference was held at 11am.
  1. They're continuing to receive tips.
  2. 911 call was from a cell phone.
  3. Unknown if the word "help" was said, but there was some kind of disturbance going on in that house.
  4. FBI is assisting, providing support teams and staff.
  5. Residence is still being processed, working with state crime lab.
  6. Hoping to receive prelim autopsy reports and share more info at 4 pm.
  7. Jayme attended a family gathering on Sunday.
  8. Number one goal is to bring Jayme home.
  9. Following up on phones, social media, etc.
  10. At this time, they do not see a danger to the public.
  11. If you notice someone with a change of behavior, please report that.
  12. They will be releasing an updated photo on their FB page after the briefing.

Thanks for the recap Pommy. I was surprised that they did not say the Miami tip has already been investigated and determined to not be her. He just said all tips were being investigated and stressed that info would come from HIM and his dept and they would put it out if there was info the public needed to know. I got the impression there might have been some irritation about the Miami police putting that out on their Twitter rather than letting the WI police and FBI take point and decide whether to release the tip info first. JMO.

I will note that she is wearing the same jacket in the photos on the Sheriff's page that she was wearing in the photo her cousin posted yesterday.

I knew they were using older photos. People out there are looking for someone that looks quite different than what has been shared about 1 million times across FB and published throughout the media nationwide.

Don't know why they did that when they had access to the photos yesterday - early.
Yep. I updated with the more current photos.
The initial flyer made her look much younger IMHO, but 13 year old girls grow fast.
Chi

Wow I guess this picture was taken unexpectedly.
She doesn't look very happy.
upload_2018-10-16_18-34-42-jpeg.151472

jmo

Could also explain why someone called in a tip and video shows IMO a much younger girl than Jayme. Maybe the caller with the tip only saw the earlier photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim