AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is plausible that she could be in Miami, without going through an airport. Barron, Wi to Miami, Fl is a 25 hour drive. With two eligible drivers, they could have made it. 911 call was approximately 1 am Monday morning and the (possible) Miami sighting was listed as ‘Monday afternoon.'

'We want to bring Jayme home:' 13-year-old girl abducted, parents found dead
"I haven't seen anything like this in rural western Wisconsin. We just don't see this," Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said at a news conference Tuesday. "We want to bring Jayme home."

Autopsies were underway on Tuesday, he said.

Jayme, who is now considered "missing and endangered," is a sweet and shy girl who enjoys dancing and sports, the sheriff said Tuesday.

Let's debunk the Miami sighting right now:

- Early Tuesday, reports were that Jayme was sighted at a Sunflex gas station in Miami on Monday afternoon
- The 911 call from the home came around 1 AM on Monday morning from the 1200 block of Highway 8 outside Barron
- Drive time between those two locations is approximately 25 hours so even if the perp left with Jayme sometime around the 911 call, the earliest time they'd get to Miami would be Tuesday early morning as they'd have to stop for gas several times
- Distance between the two cities is about 1,750 miles and the vehicle in question is a Ford Explorer which gets between 17-25 MPG on a 15 to 19 gallon tank depending on the year

Let's say that the vehicle was Jayme and it got max MPG and left with a full tank of gas. The vehicle would get about 475 miles tops before having to stop. That equates to about 3-4 fill ups on the trip down to Miami. If each fill up took 5-10 minutes now you're looking at an extra 30-60 minutes to the trip.

If the sighting was on Monday afternoon, then it's physically impossible for any perp to have driven Jayme that far in that period of time. Occam's Razor my friends, it's not her. Like all of you, praying for a safe return.

Last edited:
I can't find the article where I first read this, but the father was found near the front door and the mother was found elsewhere in the house -? If so, my guess is, given the time of the 911 call, the parents were in bed/getting ready for bed, someone knocked on the door, the husband answered the door, was shot, the intruder(s) went through the house, found the wife, shot her.

Someone in a previous post wondered if the door being carried away from the scene was the front door/glass screen door. The answer to that is yes. If you replay the video you can see earlier footage of the door still in place on the front of the house, with it fall pumpkin window clings, then a later shot shows LE carrying it away.

Wow I guess this picture was taken unexpectedly.
She doesn't look very happy.
upload_2018-10-16_18-34-42-jpeg.151472

jmo

Looks like a typical bored teen at a family gathering to me. Was this at their house? Does the chair she is sitting in match the one taken from the house by CSI?

It is plausible that she could be in Miami, without going through an airport. Barron, Wi to Miami, Fl is a 25 hour drive. With two eligible drivers, they could have made it. 911 call was approximately 1 am Monday morning and the (possible) Miami sighting was listed as ‘Monday afternoon.'
Unlikely yes.
Possible yes.
My second husband was a longhaul truck driver.
We would have done that easily in a semi, but that was before the new laws that thankfully shut a truck down after so many hours.
The surveillance video doesn't look like her to me, tho.
jmo
Chi

I can't find the article where I first read this, but the father was found near the front door and the mother was found elsewhere in the house -? If so, my guess is, given the time of the 911 call, the parents were in bed/getting ready for bed, someone knocked on the door, the husband answered the door, was shot, the intruder(s) went through the house, found the wife, shot her.
"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.
UPDATE: Autopsy underway for parents of missing 13-year-old Barron Co. girl

:) Welcome to Websleuths, Stragnet! :)

Looks like a typical bored teen at a family gathering to me. Was this at their house? Does the chair she is sitting in match the one taken from the house by CSI?
I was thinking the same thing about the chair, but LE hasn't told us yet where the gathering occurred.
They seemed vague about that.
Chi

"We want to bring Jayme home," says Sheriff. Says investigators are following up on phones, social media. "We follow up on every tip." Says Sunday afternoon, there was a Closs family gathering. Might have been last time #JaymeCloss seen alive.

Paul Blume on Twitter
This family gathering has my ears perked up. Was the gathering at someone else's home? Did Jayme go home with her parents after the family gathering? What time did it end? Why did they leave when they did? (dispute of some sort, it was over, what?) Did anyone go home with them?

Last edited:
I looked at the photo of the home with crime scene tape and am wondering if that door they carried out was the front glass storm door - it's brown paint looks like it matches the trim on the house. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/glass-png.151439/
Probably took it for prints of whoever came to the front door. The shooter(s) may have grabbed the handle, knocked on the storm window, etc. My guess is that they knocked/rang the bell, opened the storm door (no indication that rounds went through the glass based on the pic), the Dad answered and was then shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim