AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like a home invasion gone wrong. But then there is Jayme.The intent was to rob the house, not kill people.. IMO, there are alot of reasons why they did not kill her. Mainly, she is a child. But they will have to do something with her. That is my fear.
At 12:30 am, they decided to rob the house?

I am a long term lurker but hardly ever post. I will agree the chair is intriguing however my very humble opinion is if the ties were of major significance the entire chair would be bagged to preserve any evidence and it would not be carried out in this manner risking contaimeting the strings/ties etc.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, LiL'Pig a/k/a former lurker! ;)

Has there every been a nation wide amber alert before? How about an amber alert that doesn't meet the criteria for an amber alert?
That may work if its called something else which will aknowledge the same urgency but provides less perp or vehicle info. This way you can immediately distinguish the type of alert in your area. Good job.

****URGENT**** - ****PLEASE READ****
AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT HAS BEEN FOUND THAT HAS JAYME'S FULL NAME, AND A PICTURE OF HER. THIS IS A PRIVATE ACCOUNT, HOWEVER, A SEARCH INTO FOLLOWERS REVEALS THAT FRIENDS AND PEOPLE IN JAYME'S ONLINE CIRCLE ARE EXTREMELY CONCERNED. I WILL PROVIDE LINKS!

Sorry for all caps. I do believe this is urgent information.

I'm going to repost my post about why I don't think it's a robbery or the parents were the target for the night crew. JMO:

It's a very big jump for any criminal to go from burglary to double murder and kidnapping. Many people who are just fine with robbery or even harming an adult would not hurt a child. There's a reason why child predators are often killed or targeted in prison and it's because even other serious criminals believe that harming a child is wrong.

If you actually look at previous cases where a family is murdered and a young daughter is taken, it is often the work of a child sexual predator.

If the motive was robbery, or to "get back" at the parents for something, why would the perpetrator kidnap Jayme? If that was the point, why not murder all three people in their home? The parents are dead, so "taking" Jayme inflicts no further damage on them. Why would you want to be responsible for a living 13 year old who is just a walking evidence shedding machine if your goal has been accomplished by breaking into a home and killing the residents?

It doesn't make sense. It gives LE the greatest impetus possible to track you down on the hope that the child is still alive. It makes your escape so much more complicated and your continued running much more perilous than if you were alone and could slip away.

The only thing that makes sense is that Jayme was the purpose of this. I know people have asked why didn't the perpetrator snatch her off the street, but how do we know she was often alone outside or anywhere? If her parents were "reclusive" as early reports from the neighbors state, Jayme may have been too - keeping to herself or her very populated extracurricular activities that all seemed to be team sports (dance, cross country). Perhaps after watching her, the perpetrator knew the best chance he knew to find Jayme alone was at midnight at her house. If he was someone she spoke to online under false pretenses she may have said in casual conversation that her parents go to bed early, or she's often up late in her room reading. We just don't know.

But we do have the benefit of examining previous situations and cases that appeared similar on the outside, and LE, of course, has inside information to compare as well.

I am a long term lurker but hardly ever post. I will agree the chair is intriguing however my very humble opinion is if the ties were of major significance the entire chair would be bagged to preserve any evidence and it would not be carried out in this manner risking contaimeting the strings/ties etc.
Welcome to Websleuths! Good point. Perhaps the cushion itself is more significant than the chair and they're taking it out just as secondary evidence. They are at least wearing gloves. jmo

I don't know but I'm thinking that the abductor wants to head to warmer, remote areas. Like to the west or Southwest. Just my opinion. Unless the perp lives nearby and has a secluded house.

If the house was off of U.S. 8, they probably took that road, at least at first, as 53 hits Rice Lake to the north and Chippewa Falls to the south, IIRC, and both should have been crawling with cops by the time they got there...was the house to the east of Barron, or west?

If the house was off of U.S. 8, they probably took that road, at least at first, as 53 hits Rice Lake to the north and Chippewa Falls to the south, IIRC, and both should have been crawling with cops by the time they got there...was the house to the east of Barron, or west?

jayme lynn closs (@jaymecloss) • Instagram photos and videos
Link to Jayme's Instagram.
Check followers to see information. One that I checked had around 10-15 photos of her on facebook.

This has 0 posts and is only following 3 people so the majority of these followers are likely people who heard about her kidnapping and followed to be nosy. This might even be fake given the zero posts.

Her account which had posts, and is likely the real one, is private.

The house is just over 2 miles west of Barron.

:) Welcome to Websleuths, MadCityNative! :)
The home is west of town (Barron).​

Last edited:
This has 0 posts and is only following 3 people so the majority of these followers are likely people who heard about her kidnapping and followed to be nosy. This might even be fake given the zero posts.

Her account which had posts, and is likely the real one, is private.
But why would the other account have followers who got the alert when it happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist