AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry if this was mentioned already, but do we know exactly what J and D did at Jennie-O? i ultimately don't think their jobs have any bearing on the situation but i'm just in case, i'm interested to have that piece of information

Yes, why not??

There’s a reason they aren’t searching the area for her.
jmo

Police and FBI have done searches and may as well be continuing to do searches. It is most certainly not uncommon for organized search efforts involving the community to not come very early on in a sensitive investigation like this one. It can be a large hinderance to the investigation if not done extremely meticulously.

Last edited:
The police and FBI are searching. The community is not being asked to search. The community was instead asked to pay attention to the people around them and if anyone changed any behaviors, habits or schedules recently. They also asked the community to be alert for any suspicious activity. In my opinion only they don't want the community to specifically search because when Jayme is found she may be with someone who is armed and dangerous or she may be deceased. LE does not want community members to put themselves in danger or compromise a crime scene. MOO.

they also would need somewhere to search. They don't want randos searching and contaminating the crime scene i.e. the house. At this point where else would they search?

Changing the subject - I noticed the Closs driveway seemed to be paved. Because of all the rain and snow, I suspect LE is examining tire tracks, footprints, and so on.

Did you have a photo or a screen shot from a video ?

I was looking at a photo of a vehicle (official-- not a family car) in their driveway ; and I thought it looked like gravel , or well-packed dirt/crushed granite ?

With all of the evidence being removed... and of course the coroner's van -- my .02 is that there may be no tire evidence left ?
Unless the FBI or local LE took photos and made casts of shoe prints or tire treads ?

There was a lot of traffic going through their home and driveway.

Marking my spot.
Was hoping for better news today. :(

Respectfully..... Is it possible someone thought Jayme's parents were bad or abusive... and wanted to "rescue" Jayme from them ?
The saddest part of this possible scenario is that her parents cannot defend themselves (from any accusations, that is.) !!
Just getting a horrible, evil vibe about what went down that night or early morning.
Sometimes a young person may contact an online "friend" or even a relative, and magnify a perceived situation-- all out of proportion.
Or a child (sorry-- to me a 13 yr. old is still a like a kid) says they just need to get away.
And a misfit (obviously , given what has happened) goes in to be a twisted sort of 'hero'.
Your speculation seems so probable. We know kids at that age start the process of individuation from their parents, and during that timeframe have a variety of perceived, or real grievances. It's a natural process and helps children mature and start standing on their own.

However, your speculation that some warped online suitor might have viciously reacted to the child's laments seems quite possible. If this is the case, his identify should come to light soon. In this theory, I still say her best friend would know who this is, and should be vigorously questioned...despite the stress that will cause.

And, if this theory is correct, the Perp will go somewhere he feels secreted away and safe. Perhaps a childhood haunt, a family camping or hunting spot. His secret place. He/they will be found, and I'm counting on the fact that is in motion right now.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Searches are expensive and time consuming, involving a ton of personnel. There is nothing to indicate that Jayme is dead at this point, so it really doesn't make sense yet.
Searches are done all the time for cases where there’s a missing child. Searches are not only to find someone who is presumed dead.
jmo

Last edited:
Does anyone remember a case where a perp wanted to kidnap and hold their victim for a long time (think of Jaycee) but didn’t just snatch them off the street? The whole killing the parents thing is throwing me off. That brings emotion and a reason into the mix.

Yes, why not??

Indeed. I've seen missing child cases where LE will literally go door-to-door making inquiries. And, other than the sheriff's aforementioned "drone & infrared" searches, it appears no one has been in the surrounding woods, beating the brush, so to speak. I think LE know much more than they're letting on, and are keeping their cards close to their chest for a reason...

MOO on the caregiver. We had a gal that helped us extensively when my kid was younger and we both were working. I think too much emphasis is being put on the term “caregiver”. We used to say the “person who take care of our daughter” because nanny sounded odd and pretentious to us, but essentially she was our nanny. She was and remains a close part of our family. I don’t think it unusual for them to have a person really involved in JCs life. I wonder if they used the term caregiver in place of nanny or babysitter for reasons like we did. Just my opinion.

Just because she was with adults most of her time does not necessarily mean that she is more mature. My daughter is 16, but some of her friends the same age come across as a little naive. My oldest son could have a conversation with an older adult better than 2 adults talking. Just how their minds grow ( i guess). but if she is shy or quiet, I think it just means that she is just a young girl that really hasn't gotten out much. Seems to be close to her parents. I just hope that she is found safe and has not been lured into something that is over her head.

I do wonder about that too. Could be a lot of things. 1) It's possible the neighbor was a little off on the time. 2) Also possible that the perp left quickly (taking Jayme) and being mortally wounded it took the one of the parents some time to crawl to a phone to dial 911. 3) Also possible that there was some sort of standoff/torture/etc. at the home in the time period between 12:30-12:58.

I lean toward 1 or 3, but I'd like to learn more
Agreed, i think all of these are possibilities and I was considering #2. the phone call is dubious since it was muffled and only 'help' was heard. It's possible that it was just J and/or D in the house and they were crawling around, knocking furniture over which would make it seem like a disturbance or commotion to LE. I'm not sure they have said, or if they even know, if it's just once voice on the call or if possibly multiple can be heard. Given that there are 150 people on this case from different agencies, hopefully they'll be able to use technology to make the call clearer.

Indeed. I've seen missing child cases where LE will literally go door-to-door making inquiries. And, other than the sheriff's aforementioned "drone & infrared" searches, it appears no one has been in the surrounding woods, beating the brush, so to speak. I think LE know much more than they're letting on, and are keeping their cards close to their chest for a reason...

My thoughts exactly.

Just a little food for thought. Police might already have an idea of who they might be looking for, but as 3 days have gone by and they could be anywhere, they don't want to alert this person that they are a suspect. Possibly they are monitoring for bank card activity to zero in on their location. Usually a spur of the moment crime is not well thought out and financing a life on the run isn't one of the things that a planned.

Did you have a photo or a screen shot from a video ?

I was looking at a photo of a vehicle (official-- not a family car) in their driveway ; and I thought it looked like gravel , or well-packed dirt/crushed granite ?

With all of the evidence being removed... and of course the coroner's van -- my .02 is that there may be no tire evidence left ?
Unless the FBI or local LE took photos and made casts of shoe prints or tire treads ?

There was a lot of traffic going through their home and driveway.

RBBM

I saw this in a MSM video clip (think it was CNN). I'll find it and repost.

ETA: I believe you can see that the driveway is paved at 1:53 in this video clip: Jayme Closs, 13, missing after parents shot dead in Barron, Wis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member