AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if these tracks have an alert system which alerts if something or someone is on the tracks?

With an entire family that works for 2 separate railroads in Wisconsin, and experience playing on the tracks in a much more developed area, I doubt it. I have never even heard of such a thing. Otherwise my family probably could have avoided many tragedies in their jobs.

ABC News tonight with David Muir just showed Sheriff reporting parents' COD as gun shot wounds. He was asked and he said," Yes, that's why we're calling it a homicide." Can't post link because I literally just watched it on tv.

That’s so odd. I wonder if their outside activities, if there were any, were on the side opposite the neighbor’s home.

Does someone have the address? I cannot find. Tia.

I looked into the neighbor in question (I'm not going to ID the address since they aren't suspects) that said they heard the shot. It was 1/10 of a mile. About 500 feet, I'm guessing.

I'm trying to recap what I've heard, but I'm fuzzy, so I'm hoping those in the know can help clarify. 1) There were two shots heard by neighbors? 2) Shots heard at appx 12:30am? 3) One shot heard louder that the other, 1st or 2nd shot? 4) 911 call was at appx 1:00am? Thanks!
When you hear two gunshots from a distance and one is considerably louder, the difference is quite likely the direction the firearm was pointed when fired. The sound is directional.

So 2 shots, 1 for each parent. Yet there were no screams heard by the neighbor. Could that mean that there were 2 suspects? Meaning they had one confined or hand over mouth situation?
That's what I'm trying to process. There are a number of possibilities, but I think the sequence of shots and dad dead near the front door is telling us something, still trying to figure that out.....

As for an ATV being used. It's possible but unlikely IMO. I'm glad the tip was called in tho.
We researched all of these things in the Holly Bobo case.
The railroad does interest me. Killers have been moving around on them for a long time. But where would the gun come from? Sure the killer/s could have it on the train boxcar with them, but then, where is Jayme?
I hope that LE along with the FBI and state experts are already exploring all of these scenarios. In fact, it's a strong strong bet that they are far ahead of anything we have even scratched the surface of.
jmo as always
Chi

With an entire family that works for 2 separate railroads in Wisconsin, and experience playing on the tracks in a much more developed area, I doubt it. I have never even heard of such a thing. Otherwise my family probably could have avoided many tragedies in their jobs.

When we were searching for Lucas Hernandez, I was told one of the search teams kept setting off warnings when they were searching by railroad tracks. Could this be something only used in metro areas? I will say, we had a mentally unstable woman heading one search team and this information may have come from her and it is possible she fabricated it.

Another thought / question....

Did the neighbours on hearing gunshots, look outside through their windows ? Or did they just hear it and ignore it thinking it was someone local protecting their livestock?
If they did look out, were they able to see the Victims driveway ?
And if so, has there been any mention of an unidentifiable vehicle parked up?

I’m thinking if the quick getaway as the 911 call was made - was it a vehicle or did they escape into the woods and through the wooded area to a vehicle waiting at the other side of the wooded area?

I know it was only 4 minutes but let’s be realistic here ... As a former LE, if I was dispatched to a call like this, I would be trepidatious, so you can add a few more minutes onto the 4 before it became totally obvious what had occurred and even more minutes before the realisation that a 13 year old child was missing - all in all giving the offender (s) a few minutes or more of a good clear getaway !

Let‘s think this through:

Supposing they do have a POI. Would they really release the name at a press conference with Jayme still being missing? The perp would have nothing to lose after being named a POI in a double-murder. I can imagine they don’t want him/her to snap? I think it makes more sense getting her picture out without making the POI nervous. JMO, IMHO, MOO, and all that jazz.
You’re thinking the “town” meeting tonight? Hummm... I’m understanding where you’re going with this.... (*BTW*I’ve only read this far*) I just keep going back to Mollie Tibbits for some reason... *sad face*

The FBI said the same word for word in Mollies case and she was killed almost immediately. I hope she's alive but I think it's just something they have to say until they know for sure.

standard LE talk thats done for the family. They always say they think the missing are still alive until they know otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric