AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashleigh Banfield on Crime & Justice discussed the case this evening. She also interviewed neighbor by phone. I would indicate what was said but would only be relying on my memory and would not want to report incorrect info. Can someone being forward the transcript? Thank you.

Justice for parents of Jayme. Please let this be a case where Jayme is found alive.

BBM above.
I agree with you, Chi. Too many times we have later learned a perpetrator(s) re-visited the area around the scene, attended memorial services or made a statement to the media.

My first thought when the sheriff announced the town hall meeting was if they think it may be possible the perpetrator(s) will attend. I have no doubt law enforcement will be paying close attention to the attendees.
They will also be aware who is Not There as well.

Remember the Town Hall meeting in California for the Golden State Killer.
He had to be there because he saw who stood up and commented about raping a woman with a man in the home.
Then that is exactly what he did. He targeted this couple!
Too bad LE didn't have their home under surveillance- he have been caught!
MOO

In my amateur opinion, the town hall meeting is a brilliant move. Pure genius. And those of you who know what happens during victim searches and memorial services know why.

Brilliant.

I would not be surprised if they were checking IDs at the entrance. I’m in a county that borders Barron County...

But...

Since I am not actually a resident of Barron County, I’m going to mind my own business in that regard, and leave it alone.

MOO.

Thanks to everyone who linked to PC. I found what I needed.

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

The sheriff is asked at about the 6:40 mark:

"Is this still an effort to find her alive? Is there an expectation she's alive somewhere?"

He answers:

"100%. We want to bring her home..."

IMHO, he is saying we want her to be alive, not that she is.

it seems like they would have a really tight time line to look for cars on surveillance. i wonder if they could somehow analyze cell phone tower data to see what phone was moving around at that time. I mean normal that would be impossible but given the really tight time line and the relatively rural area ... idk. Just heart broken and praying she is still alive and something will break.

Yes they can do this and it would be a major line of enquiry as to what phone numbers were pinging off the masts that surrounds the address where this took place. Very clever technology and at that time of night in a relatively quiet area, it shouldn’t take too long to go through the numbers that did triangulate the masts. The only issue then is how many of those numbers were ‘burner ‘ phones without keeper details...

Regarding the door (MOO of course): the big whatever-it-is on it does look like a pumpkin decal to me, but looking at the image blown-up (sorry, can't recall who posted that!), the thing directly to the left of the pumpkin looks like it could be blood to me; there definitely seems to be a reddish tint to it. The other smudgy areas look too bright and whitish to be blood, but may be fingerprint dust or something like Hereisme said. Would that kind of substance stick to the object as it's being moved? Unfortunately, I feel like there are a lot of questions in this case that we won't know the answers to for a long time, possibly until a trial is held and evidence is shown there. We just have so few answers now. And of course I respect law enforcement keeping info close to them for now. I just wish we could solve this and bring Jayme home safely. Thinking about all the horrible things that could have happened or could be happening to her makes me feel sick.

The sheriff is asked at about the 6:40 mark:

"Is this still an effort to find her alive? Is there an expectation she's alive somewhere?"

He answers:

"100%. We want to bring her home..."

IMHO, he is saying we want her to be alive, not that she is.

Agreed, there seems to be some confusion on here about it. Great to keep posting this until it's cleared up.

It’s pretty remarkable that LE was at the crime scene 4 minutes after 911 call and perp was already gone with Jayme.

(I’m just catching up so sorry if this was said) but maybe the perp made the call. As they were leaving the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetSouthernBelle