AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted 18 minutes ago
Barron County Sheriff's Department
Wisconsin DOJ Office of School Safety Deploys Emergency Resources to Assist in Barron County Schools

BARRON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of School Safety (OSS) is working with Wausau Police Department and the Wisconsin Safe and Healthy Schools Center to deploy trained therapists, school resources officers, and comfort dogs to Barron School District, in the aftermath of the disappearance of 13 year-old Jayme Closs.

If you have information that can help find Jayme Closs, contact the tip line at 1-855-744-3879.

(*more at link)

LE said they heard yelling in the background of the 911 call. I think they either heard Jayme yelling or they heard someone saying/yelling Jayme's name.

They seem very certain she was there so I don't think they know from piecing together clues but from something more direction - like hearing her or hearing her name.

Speculation on my part.

jmo
I don't think they ever said they heard anybody in particular, just noises or commotion.

Not exactly. 1) The father was found in the doorway, and 2) according to a family member, the door was shot in. The latter was not stated in the press conference or stated by LE.
MOO

Did LE say the first thing? I know I've heard that, but did it actually come from LE? I'm almost positive they didn't say it at the press conference.

BBM - Adding info to our timeline.

Neighbors reported hearing two shots at 12:31 and the call was received at 12:53.

Sheriff: Jayme Closs's parents victims of homicide; no gun found
22 minutes in between. What could be going on under these circumstances for 22 minutes? Obviously the perp(s) had a gun so there's control over the victims. What would take 22 minutes? Did the perp have Jayme pack? Was food taken? Was there a safe or something in the house they were trying to figure out a code for? Maybe money in it? Maybe they were looking for a hidden safe with money in it? What took all those minutes after the shootings? I wonder if someone was tied up while the perp was getting information from them.

Most homes in that part of the country have basements. I would be very surprised if the house didn't have one. jmo

I'm not sure because, if you look at all the photos available, the house seems to be kind of built into a hill. So that bottom level is like a walk-in basement. *Another* basement under that would be pretty rare.

Hmm, catching up so someone may have thought of this already but is it possible the perp went to the wrong house? Meant to go to this possible crime (drugs maybe) house? Prob not but stranger things have happened.

Also - does anyone else mentioned that Jayme resembles Abby a little bit? Google says Barron to Delphi is (491.5 mi) via I-94 E.

Well, Google maps does pin to the wrong house-- when I put in the Closs address: 1268 13 1/2 Ave Barron, WI the pin is dropped over their neighbors house to the west and neighbors house is in the preview of the Streetview. I'm not sure if we have been told the address of the arrested person, however, to test that theory (still trying to catch up on the thread).
But if someone went to the wrong house, I can't understand why Jayme would be taken and not killed there at the scene.

Here's a link to the Barron County Jail Inmate Roster: http://barronsheriff.org/inmate-roster/

There are two newly-booked FEMALES in that roster, one of which could be the one that lived about a HALF mile from Jayme.

If you look at their previous convictions in Wisconsin (CCAP) they BOTH have meth-related charges.

If you look at charges for OTHER inmates you will also find this repetitive "meth" identifier.

Meth is BAD up here. It's a nasty drug. It makes people violent, it makes people feel invincible, it makes them feel powerful... but it also makes them feel paranoid and delusional. There is just no telling what someone in that state of mind might do... Minneapolis isn't far from here... even in Sawyer County people from the cities are constantly being busted as they try to bring their product up here.<modsnip - not victim friendly >. If there were a sexual predator in the area who started doing meth, this may have been the result.

Also - the Sheriff is adamant about reporting suspicious behavior to the tip line. Coupled with LEs quick response time, and their tight-lipped PCs, I believe that they at least know Jayme is IN THE AREA and they may have people in mind. There are HUNDREDS of empty cabins in the area right now with perfectly fine heat and running water. Most of these "cabins" are really just "homes" that rich city people call "cabins". They have satellite TV, high speed internet, and everything else you would need to feel right at home. I agree with whatever poster said they should be doing a complete "grid search".

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they ever said they heard anybody in particular, just noises or commotion.
Bolded by me

This was a gunshot crime scene,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told NBC News. He went on to explain that after a call was placed to emergency services, they were able to hear what was going on even though no one spoke to them.

We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call. No one interacted with our dispatchers, so it was just kind of an open line where we could hear different things in the background.”

13-Year-Old Girl Missing After Her Parents Were Found Dead At Home

Did LE say the first thing? I know I've heard that, but did it actually come from LE? I'm almost positive they didn't say it at the press conference.
Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.

He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”.

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

Hi. My first post. This was a rural area, correct? How did the police arrive in 4 minutes? I'm also wondering how Jayme could not be located within the immediate area if she made the 911 call, she only had a 4 minute time span to disappear into thin air? The police confirmed that the 911 call came from the residence. The police also have possession of the phone but have not stated where they recovered it from. I'd like to know when the police actually started their search for Jayme and/or the perp?

Police station is 4 minutes away, per Google Maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum