AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what of definite value does that info give us? Genuine question, not being snarky at all.
I don't think it gives us anything. I've had the same neighbors for 10 years and they have only talked to me a couple of times. At one point all three grown kids were living there but I only saw one. Some people just keep to themselves. Shyness can run in families and it's not at all uncommon, imo.

Alright, well, I was waiting before posting this to see if the search today yielded any results and it doesn't seem that it did unfortunately. I've been making notes on the side of similarities to Abby & Libby's case. It's obviously not exactly same but here's what has stood out to me:

- Abby was 13, Jayme is 13 - these girls resemble each other in looks and build and innocent aura
- Delphi has a hog plant nearby, Barron has a turkey processor
- Both seem to have nearby highways but are small, rural towns in the MidWest
- Both locations have a nearby cemetery
- Both locations have a nearby railroad track
- Both locations have nearby truck stops
- Both crimes took place in a relatively short/fast period of time
- Others (may have) been killed in an effort to acquire the target victim (Libby / Jayme's parents)
- Billboards utilized quickly in both cases, lots of media attention early on
- Similar statements in PCs
- AND bonus, if you add in Evansdale, IA it makes a triangle between the 3 locations

All speculation and JMO and sorry, delete if not allowed, but... isn't that a lot??
Abby and Libby were murdered. As far as we know at this point, Jayme is missing and endangered.
MOO

Well, we know it's unlikely a drug deal, for instance. Lots of people coming and going to a house can be a clue about that type of business.

I've followed cases of missing children from homes where people are in and out all the time or where friends regularly crash on the couch, etc. Or where estranged family members are fighting/stalking at the home. Etc. Perhaps you get the idea.

In this case, we don't have a list to check of people who might have been at the house. Nobody was expected to be at the house, ever, really.

jmo
I get it. Thank you for clarifying. I agree. I also don’t think anything was pointing in that direction to begin with. So it’s a corroborative point. IMO.

I can’t figure out whether the door is brown, green, there or not. All I know for sure is they removed the storm door. I wish there was a good photo of the front door closed.

I saw that photo of what appeared to be a 1/2 of a door being carried out. If that's the one you are referring to, I was wondering if it might be a dutch storm door, kinda similar to this one:

Attachments

• dutch.jpg
    dutch.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 55
I live in a rural/suburb in Wisconsin and they don’t allow elementary kids to walk to school. Everyone takes the bus. The middle/high school kids are allowed to walk but everyone is assigned a bus stop no matter how close you live. There are no sidewalks, it isn’t very safe.

wow really? no snark intended i'm truly interested. possibly O/T but there are few sidewalks in my town and i can see the empire state building from my front yard (not in the city obviously or i'd be j lo or j z). unless you live within a certain mileage from your school you aren't eligible regardless of the commute. i slam on the brakes every morning for kids running across double-yellow-lined suburban streets. perhaps JC was moved simply because the bus route was less favorable? also in my town you have a choice of schools...maybe she started at cameron and as a previous post stated she needed special needs and was moved to riverside. or maybe not...just trying to figure out this mess...

Abby and Libby were murdered. As far as we know at this point, Jayme is missing and endangered.
MOO

I know, I said it's not exactly the same but there was plenty of speculation that A&L may have been an attempted kidnapping that went south when/if the girls tried to run and BG had to abort the mission. He could have been successful this time. It's a lot of similarities and they stood out to me so I thought I'd share just in case it helped somehow. :)

I have no idea if this holds any significance but it does seem like something LE would mention if she does have special needs, I'm really not sure. I can't even put my finger on why I get that feeling about Jayme but have since the first time I seen her pictures

She just reminds me of someone who is almost "painfully" shy. I went to school with a beautiful little girl like that. She was so shy, she almost appeared to walk sideways instead of straight towards you...and very slowly. She was actually one of the smartest girls in school, intellectually. I've never met anyone as shy as she was. Jayme's family has pointed out that she is shy.

i have NO idea. that's why i'm asking. nothing makes sense (sex offender, meth addict, burglary gone wrong, vendetta). it's a two-part equation that doesn't equal itself. rage against two adults, interest in a minor. i just don't see a disgruntled boyfriend. i've been wrong before...i simply don't see any "motive" here other than two strangely quiet adults and an only child that was shifted around at a crucial pubescent stage. occam's razor doesn't seem to apply unless i'm not seeing something? thoughts?
I thought you might have a theory of what is amiss, what we aren't being told. I don't see anything that jumps out as a motive either. If nothing monumental is being held back by law enforcement about any of the victims in this case then we have a very rare situation and like you say Occam's Razor goes out the window. Until I learn something that leads elsewhere I am stuck sitting on my hands with this case.

wow really? no snark intended i'm truly interested. possibly O/T but there are few sidewalks in my town and i can see the empire state building from my front yard (not in the city obviously or i'd be j lo or j z). unless you live within a certain mileage from your school you aren't eligible regardless of the commute. i slam on the brakes every morning for kids running across double-yellow-lined suburban streets. perhaps JC was moved simply because the bus route was less favorable? also in my town you have a choice of schools...maybe she started at cameron and as a previous post stated she needed special needs and was moved to riverside. or maybe not...just trying to figure out this mess...
If you check out the road the family lives on, it is a highway. There is nowhere for students to safely walk along the road.

I know, I said it's not exactly the same but there was plenty of speculation that A&L may have been an attempted kidnapping that went south when/if the girls tried to run and BG had to abort the mission. He could have been successful this time. It's a lot of similarities and they stood out to me so I thought I'd share just in case it helped somehow. :)
You aren't the only one who is thinking of A&L with this case. I think it's because the young teen seems innocent and young. It makes me think that the perp in this case is a man as opposed to a teen or peer of Jayme's.

jmo

Well, we know it's unlikely a drug deal, for instance. Lots of people coming and going to a house can be a clue about that type of business.

I've followed cases of missing children from homes where people are in and out all the time or where friends regularly crash on the couch, etc. Or where estranged family members are fighting/stalking at the home. Etc. Perhaps you get the idea.

In this case, we don't have a list to check of people who might have been at the house. Nobody was expected to be at the house, ever, really.

jmo

for the record i "like" any post from inthedetails...my ancient laptop doesn't allow much. although i can quote now. woo hoo!

the neighbor says they were turned away for mail delivery and they didn't even know there was a child until/unless they saw her getting off the bus. their FB pages are friendly enough but not unlike the tibbett's case most of these folk keep to themselves. why on earth (unless it was 'kicked or shot in' <modsnip - unneccessary comment>) would someone make their way into THIS house? in the middle of a sunday night when the occupants were presumed home AND asleep?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. Been a huge websleuth follower for many years and this is probably my 2nd time ever posting.
In regards to the parents being private at home but also said to be active in the community, I can totally relate to both. I’m very involved and active in my community. However, when I’m at home, my neighbors would probably only see me unload groceries or let my dog out. I’m considered a friendly and outgoing person but when I’m at home, I’m “peopled out” and choose to stay to myself and let it be my decompress time.
If my neighbors knock on my door with my mail, I’d most likely not go to the door unless I felt it could be some emergency.
Just my two cents.
Praying for the safe return of Jayme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members