AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 278
  • Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dozens of volunteers help in foot search for missing Wisconsin 13-year-old
One of the volunteers was Jerry Carpenter, who showed up from nearby Almena with daughter Kelsey and their bulldog-lab mix JoJo. “We’re here to support the community and help find Jayme,” said Carpenter, whose sentiments were echoed by others joining the effort. “We live 8 miles from the house. It’s just too close to home.

Roughly 2 hours into the search, Fitzgerald said, “nothing of evidentiary value has been recovered.” Fitzgerald said that if more volunteers were needed, “we will make those requests via social media,” he wrote.

An online fundraising campaign was started Wednesday to support relatives of the Closses with expenses in the wake of the killings. One of those behind the effort, Michelle Saffert, said he children and Jayme “have spent a lot of time growing up.”

Saffert said, “We love that family. We’ve been friends of that family for a long time. We just want Jayme to get home. She’s a great kid who comes from a good family.”

It was actually reported as "caretaker."

Jayme attended a Cameron School but transferred to Riverview Middle School in Barron because her family caretaker moved to that area, said Fitzgerald. She is not considered a suspect in her parents’ deaths.
Autopsy results of dead couple coming soon; search for missing teen continues
Isn’t a “family caretaker” a family member (can be extended family) that registers somehow to get paid to be a caregiver? Would be different than just a stranger watching her. *does more research*

Personal in regards to the whole family or to Jayme or one of the parents?

I have a few ideas, but #1 on my list is that motive was to get Jayme.

jmo
That's what I think too. I think this person was known to the family. Stranger abductions are pretty rare and murder in order to abduct is rare too. Then you put murder and stranger abduction together out in the boonies and it just becomes even rarer.

I'm sure that everyone has their own theory on what went on that night. This is mine.
Dad hears someone trying to break in - either he hasn't been home from work for long or he was a light sleeper. He opens the door to confront whoever is breaking in and he gets shot - maybe killing him, maybe not. Mom was probably in bed asleep because she had to go to work in the morning and get Jayme off to school. Maybe Dad yells something as he opens the door or the shot itself wakes her. She comes out and sees her husband laying on the floor shot, maybe still alive, maybe struggling with whoever it is breaking in. She flips out and joins the attack.

Because to be honest - from experience - the first inclination is not necessarily to hide or be fearful but to be angry that someone is trying to invade your home, your privacy, harm your family. Jayme probably wakes up hearing the commotion, maybe she hides in a closet, or tries locking her bedroom door. Maybe she turns on her cell phone, maybe not. Maybe she comes out of her room to help her parents, her father is probably dead at that point, maybe Mom is on the floor close to death, the intruder grabs Jayme and starts dragging her out, she is struggling and maybe yelling help and no! Maybe yelling for her parents. Maybe mom or dad is still alive enough to turn on a phone but are unable to speak. Or Jayme has her phone and already had it on when she came out of the bedroom. I'm sure that between 12:30 and 1:00 there was absolute crazy chaos in that house.

It does remind me so much of what happened with little Shasta and Dylan Groene and Joseph Duncan. He managed to kill their parents and teenage brother with just a hammer, if I remember correctly. People like this aren't sane. They don't often think like regular people so what seems logical or easiest or sanest doesn't apply. I see many people saying things like "Why didn't he just do this or that? It would make more sense."

Because people like this are insane, nothing they do makes sense. They know what they want and they don't care how they go about getting it.

JMHO

Yes, I think it was someone at the dance studio that said the Mom was always friendly, making small talk and joking around, or something like that. Jmo

This makes sense. They were probably friendly people but just liked privacy; I’m like this myself. I’m outgoing in social settings but have never worked to befriend my neighbors because home is my sanctuary where I don’t like to be bothered.

The fact they seem like this, too, and also viewed their home as their little haven of peace makes this even sadder.

Were the parent's cars both in the driveway?

According to the Sheriff in a recent press conference, there were two vehicles in the yard, but he wasn't sure who they belonged to.

bbm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna921416
"There was no one on site, no vehicles in the immediate area when our deputies arrived on scene," he said. There were two vehicles in the yard, but he said he wasn't sure who they belong to.

I looked at the front door on google street view, but all I can really see is the storm door. I do think that others make a good point about whatever that blue thing covering the door is in the video, though. It does appear to be a mat or something like that.

Could it be a tarp? Possibly a blue vinyl tarp to cover up the opening after the door was removed?

for the record i "like" any post from inthedetails...my ancient laptop doesn't allow much. although i can quote now. woo hoo!

the neighbor says they were turned away for mail delivery and they didn't even know there was a child until/unless they saw her getting off the bus. their FB pages are friendly enough but not unlike the tibbett's case most of these folk keep to themselves. why on earth (unless it was 'kicked or shot in' <modsnip - unnecessary comment>) would someone make their way into THIS house? in the middle of a sunday night when the occupants were presumed home AND asleep?

That is exactly where my mind locks up, Rabbit. Random home invasion ? You don't take a young girl with you. Revenge ? Against who ? And if so, again...why take a child with you ? Drug robbery ? Not seeing any evidence that points to drug use or a criminal history here. The one scenario that does sort of make sense to me was ruled out by LE early on, so I'm just sitting here scratching my head and looking at door jams.

There is more known then most realize

1. Jayme and her mom Denise attended a family gathering past 4:00 pm on Sunday 10/14.
2. James Jayme's father was at work and did not attend this gathering. He worked until around 12:00 am.
3. Both James and Denise are now deceased from gunshot wounds
4. The neighbor heard two distinct gunshots at around 12:32 am
5. A 911 call came in with a muffled fight in the background and someone yelled help just after 1:00 pm
6. Jayme is now missing
7. No reported trace of a stranger in the area based on surveillance videos

This tells you a few things. One is it possible this was an attack on James? He had just arrived home from work. If it were a robbery or a kidnapping it would have been less risky while he was away.
Also, Jayme was not killed at the scene. Doesn't this lean more towards a known pre-existing relationship? The murder/kidnapper did not want to kill a child they cared about.
The other notable thing is the time gap between the neighbor's statement of two gunshots and the 911 call. Is it possible the party was looking for something? someone one?

They need to look at known associates

Also, the picture of the frame on the last thread is a window.

Personal in regards to the whole family or to Jayme or one of the parents?

I have a few ideas, but #1 on my list is that motive was to get Jayme.

jmo
I was feeling that way from the beginning. But as details come out (and if they’re accurate) the door being kicked in and/or shot up, possibility of someone being tied up, yelling during the 911 call, I’m starting to think this rage could only be directed at one or both parents. Somebody seemed extremely determined to get in the house and to deliver some kind of terror. Imo

New here. Wondering if any connection to this and the neighbor that was arrested yesterday that lives a half mile away? The Sheriff had said the arrest was not tied to this crime, but possibly the suspect(s) went to the wrong home and realized it when they saw JC.

1. Jayme and her mom Denise attended a family gathering past 4:00 pm on Sunday 10/14.
2. James Jayme's father was at work and did not attend this gathering. He worked until around 12:00 am.
5. A 911 call came in with a muffled fight in the background and someone yelled help just after 1:00 pm
6. Jayme is now missing

This tells you a few things. One is it possible this was an attack on James? He had just arrived home from work. If it were a robbery or a kidnapping it would have been less risky while he was away.
Also, Jayme was not killed at the scene. Doesn't this lean more towards a known pre-existing relationship? The murder/kidnapper did not want to kill a child they cared about.
The other notable thing is the time gap between the neighbor's statement of two gunshots and the 911 call. Is it possible the party was looking for something? someone one?

Seeing the timeline like this (thanks for making it) makes me lean more and more toward the perp being in the house before the dad got home from work.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change

Re: family friendly or unfriendly?

Cripes. I live on a cul-de-sac with 7 other houses. The most ANYONE does is occasionally wave. We have lived here 38 years, and most other have lived here about as long. No one talks. Are we unfriendly or pre-occupied?

New here. Wondering if any connection to this and the neighbor that was arrested yesterday that lives a half mile away? The Sheriff had said the arrest was not tied to this crime, but possibly the suspect(s) went to the wrong home and realized it when they saw JC.
Not a far off theory all. It has happened.
Welcome!

6. Jayme is now missing

Where has it been said how late James worked until?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member