AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know for sure when the dad arrived home, but it seems to me (speculation) that he arrived home after his wife and daughter arrived home from the party. IIRC, they left or came home around 4pm. I think the dad came home after that, but that is speculation, not fact.

I do think it's possible the perp gained entry to the house before the father arrived home, no matter what time the father came home. It's something to consider.

As suggested above, the gunshots at 12:30'ish don't necessarily mean that the crime STARTED at 12:30. There could've been time before that with the perp in the house.

I'm keeping that idea on the table.

jmo
Yup, I agree! I think the 12:30 shots were the "ending" not the beginning.

There is more known then most realize

1. Jayme and her mom Denise attended a family gathering past 4:00 pm on Sunday 10/14.
2. James Jayme's father was at work and did not attend this gathering. He worked until around 12:00 am.
3. Both James and Denise are now deceased from gunshot wounds
4. The neighbor heard two distinct gunshots at around 12:32 am
5. A 911 call came in with a muffled fight in the background and someone yelled help just after 1:00 pm
6. Jayme is now missing
7. No reported trace of a stranger in the area based on surveillance videos

This tells you a few things. One is it possible this was an attack on James? He had just arrived home from work. If it were a robbery or a kidnapping it would have been less risky while he was away.
Also, Jayme was not killed at the scene. Doesn't this lean more towards a known pre-existing relationship? The murder/kidnapper did not want to kill a child they cared about.
The other notable thing is the time gap between the neighbor's statement of two gunshots and the 911 call. Is it possible the party was looking for something? someone one?

They need to look at known associates

Also, the picture of the frame on the last thread is a window.

RBBM

Dad gets off work around midnight. Crime supposedly occurred around 12:32 a.m. We have roughly half an hour between these events. This has me thinking.

I mapped the distance between the Jennie-O plant and 1268 13 1/2 Street. If I am correct, it is only 2.5 miles. At midnight, I bet he made it home in about 5 - 10 minutes.

Is it possible Jayme's dad got into an argument with someone at work, who was known to the family, and it escalated into violence? Possibly someone with a long-standing grudge against the family that finally boiled over?

Now, I am thinking someone knew his schedule at Jennie-O and may have been waiting for him to come home. This might explain the fact that the father was shot close to the door--he probably had just stepped into the house and then the crime happened.

Just speculating. JMVHO. Link to map enclosed for perusal.

Google Maps

ETA: inthedetails and nobodyuknow22, I see we are heading down the same path, per se!

ETA: I can't find the info. about James working until midnight. I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Just heard the same here in Phoenix AZ. They just said FBI wants to get the info out, not necessarily implying she could be here in Arizona. like they just want to

This is what I think-tank I think they went to the wrong house.

Is the wrong house the one that had the arrest? Do we know what the arrest was for?

RBBM

Dad gets off work around midnight. Crime supposedly occurred around 12:32 a.m. We have roughly half an hour between these events. This has me thinking.

I mapped the distance between the Jennie-O plant and 1268 13 1/2 Street. If I am correct, it is only 2.5 miles. At midnight, I bet he made it home in about 5 - 10 minutes.

Is it possible Jayme's dad got into an argument with someone at work, who was known to the family, and it escalated into violence? Possibly someone with a long-standing grudge against the family that finally boiled over?

Now, I am thinking someone knew his schedule at Jennie-O and may have been waiting for him to come home. This might explain the fact that the father was shot close to the door--he probably had just stepped into the house and then the crime happened.

Google Maps

Does dad get off work at midnight?

If he did, someone could have followed him home.

Video of the search along Highway 8
"Volunteers must bring a valid ID and wear proper footwear and clothing. The office also said volunteers should bring their own water, it will turn away volunteers as soon as they have 100 searchers"

Sheriff Calls for 100 Volunteers to Help in Jayme Closs Search; Therapists, Comfort Dogs Sent to Barron County Schools

Find it little strange they would send people away once they reached 100 volunteers, you would think more the better, obviously there is a reason for this.

There is more known then most realize

1. Jayme and her mom Denise attended a family gathering past 4:00 pm on Sunday 10/14.
2. James Jayme's father was at work and did not attend this gathering. He worked until around 12:00 am.
3. Both James and Denise are now deceased from gunshot wounds
4. The neighbor heard two distinct gunshots at around 12:32 am
5. A 911 call came in with a muffled fight in the background and someone yelled help just after 1:00 pm
6. Jayme is now missing
7. No reported trace of a stranger in the area based on surveillance videos

This tells you a few things. One is it possible this was an attack on James? He had just arrived home from work. If it were a robbery or a kidnapping it would have been less risky while he was away.
Also, Jayme was not killed at the scene. Doesn't this lean more towards a known pre-existing relationship? The murder/kidnapper did not want to kill a child they cared about.
The other notable thing is the time gap between the neighbor's statement of two gunshots and the 911 call. Is it possible the party was looking for something? someone one?

They need to look at known associates

Also, the picture of the frame on the last thread is a window.
BBM
I haven't heard these things. Do you have links?

Video of the search along Highway 8
"Volunteers must bring a valid ID and wear proper footwear and clothing. The office also said volunteers should bring their own water, it will turn away volunteers as soon as they have 100 searchers"

Sheriff Calls for 100 Volunteers to Help in Jayme Closs Search; Therapists, Comfort Dogs Sent to Barron County Schools

Find it little strange they would send people away once they reached 100 volunteers, you would think more the better, obviously there is a reason for this.

They split the group into smaller groups, and each small group of volunteers searched with an LEO. There are probably only so many LEOs to go around. Just my hunch, not a fact.

jmo

Last edited:
So I am curious for you guys thoughts on this as it was something I thought of today after seeing the discussion in the last thread about the time gap between shots being fired at 12:30AM and the phone call to 911 not being made until 30 minutes later (or however long it was).

I hate to insinuate this but do you think its possible that whoever took Jayme that they sexually assaulted her in that time frame(I hate saying it but there would have been time to get it over with) right in the home and then she tried to call 911 after and then possibly the struggle over the phone happened & the perp took her? If this happened it could be another reason that LE are certain she was in the home because I'd think if it happened on her bed they'd be able to tell.

I agree with everyone its odd there was that much of a time frame. I was just trying to rack my brain about why the perp would be in the home that long and that came into mind. IDK about this being correct though cause at the same time they might get DNA or something.

This is exactly what I think. Whoever did this had some sort of fascination with JC and planned to probably fulfill their fantasies in that house. But I think after the first assault they likely went to clean themselves up and she somehow got hold of a phone.

I do think whoever did this planned all of this beforehand but planned to have more time before they headed out to their final destination. I think they planned to kill her parents from the start as a control mechanism. The perp can now brainwash her by continuing to tell her how she has nowhere to go anymore because her mom and dad are gone. I believe JC is likely still alive, assuming she’s playing along with this person, meaning not fighting them and just giving in. If she isn’t then I worry for her safety.

I said it a few threads back but LE should be looking at anything that this family has done to or around their home. They’re likely someone who probably has a hard time keeping jobs. I don’t believe it’s someone she met online and I don’t believe this person lives in town. If it was someone from in town LE would already have found them. This is someone unknown to the area but they are familiar with that house because they’ve been there before.

Seeing the timeline like this (thanks for making it) makes me lean more and more toward the perp being in the house before the dad got home from work.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change
If the Dad getting off around midnight and the shots around 12:30 then that opens up a whole new area of thought for me. I need to see where this has been stated by LE or MSM.

RBBM

Google Maps

ETA: inthedetails and nobodyuknow22, I see we are heading down the same path, per se!

We don't know when James got home from work, do we? If this is a fact could you please provide a citation/source.

RBBM

Google Maps

This keeps coming up that Dad gets off at midnight, but I don't remember this being reported. Do you know where it came from?
MOO

If the Dad getting off around midnight and the shots around 12:30 then that opens up a whole new area of thought for me. I need to see where this has been stated by LE or MSM.

Yes, absolutely. I'll go digging for articles and see what I can find.

PommyMommy: As above, I'll see what I can find.

When information is scarce, I find the best course is to look at what history tells us.

History tells us that sex trafficking is very far down the list here.
I totally agree. I expect traffickers like to keep a low profile when abducting and coercing their victims; and go for easy targets such as runaways and the like. If they were after Jayme, they could certainly have planned an easier way to get to her, rather than a late night break-in and shooting at her home, which would do nothing but attract attention, not to mention get the cops on their case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro