AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons many websleuths.com members cannot keep up like me is because that this is a really good forum. Thanks, Tricia and associated admins and moderators for all the hard work and dedication. I am glad I found yall.

Am I the only one who missed that mom and Jayme were at the gathering past 4 pm? Do you remember that, human? All I have is that they attended a family gathering in the afternoon. I will look...
MOO
Let's get rid of the specific times for a minute.

We know the mom and JC were at the party that day. We know the father was at work during the party.

Regardless of when they arrived home, they encountered a gunman who shot two times at 12:30'ish in the morning, according to the neighbor.

But that doesn't mean the gunman arrived at 12:30.

Regardless of when the dad arrived home, I'm wondering if the perp broke in while the dad was at work - perhaps specifically to get Jayme or perhaps to rob an empty house? IDK...just thinking it through.

I don't want to get hung up on the 12:30 gunshots but back it up.

jmo

Where is the house where the arrest was, vs the incorrect map location?
Would dad be driving past either or both coming home from work?
I read the house arrest "unrelated" was 1/2 mile away.
If we can't post address of either, please don't.
I don't want to break the rules.
I had a thought of a "Fear Thy Neighbor" ID episode type crime.
Moo

We don't know for sure when the dad arrived home, but it seems to me (speculation) that he arrived home after his wife and daughter arrived home from the party. IIRC, they left or came home around 4pm. I think the dad came home after that, but that is speculation, not fact.

I do think it's possible the perp gained entry to the house before the father arrived home, no matter what time the father came home. It's something to consider.

As suggested above, the gunshots at 12:30'ish don't necessarily mean that the crime STARTED at 12:30. There could've been time before that with the perp in the house.

I'm keeping that idea on the table.

jmo
My apologies if this has been answered or discussed, but did the neighbor who woke up at 12:31am to gunshots not call 911? That seems odd unless it's not alarming to be woken up that way in that area to not make the call.

Ok I will chime in here. This is all information regarding the search and volunteers. For one, yes it is normal for family to be at searches, sometimes these searches are done on their own and sometimes they are organized by LE. Usually when it’s a friends and family search when LE or EM is not going out it’s strictly volunteer. With LE and EM family and close friends usually stay at a command type center and awaye results and updates. There are times I have known family to search with LE but they are closely watched and instructed on what they can and cannot do and proper procedures.
As for volunteers, it is very common that they be used. Also, many form search and rescue groups and get additional training after experiencing events such a short this. Not only is the additional man power a huge help while preforming grid searches such as they basically did today but you also have to look at this from a possible profilers mind.
Many people who commit crimes ( of course depending on the crime, if the person has mental issues, if they need to know how close they are to being caught, etc) return to the scene of the crime or in some manner infiltrate themselves into the search/ investigation. Being that many believe this may have been someone that knows the family, may even be a local, IF she is being held close by they now have a list of everyone who showed up at the search. They will be able to do a check on those 100 people see if there is any connection to the family, her, the company anything that seems odd or could give them a heads up.
Anyway, that is just my insight on what happened today. Praying that she is located soon and safe.
#BringSamanthaHome

Well, we know it's unlikely a drug deal, for instance. Lots of people coming and going to a house can be a clue about that type of business.

I've followed cases of missing children from homes where people are in and out all the time or where friends regularly crash on the couch, etc. Or where estranged family members are fighting/stalking at the home. Etc. Perhaps you get the idea.

In this case, we don't have a list to check of people who might have been at the house. Nobody was expected to be at the house, ever, really.

jmo

Indeed. The neighbor had said that the Closs family were somewhat "reclusive" (I'm pretty sure that was the term used) and kept to themselves. If traffic started coming to & from their house, it probably would have been noticed, so it appears that nothing unusual had begun at their home -- no drug deals, no boyfriend coming around, no one leaving their house at odd times, etc., etc. Just seems to be things were on an "as usual" basis before that horrible night.

I still wonder a bit if the incident stemmed from the perpetrators going to the wrong location/address. It's not at the top of my list, but it's in there. It has happened before. They went in with who-knows-what intent, dealt with what/who was there, saw Jayme and just took her with them with evil intentions simply because she was there.

Scary, scary. I worry about little Jayme.

Haha. Same here. We are all on one acre lots and neighbor to one side would tell you we are fun and very involved in many social groups while neighbor on other side would tell you that we waved once during Hurricane Irma. I can't put any stock in conflicting reports of social vs reclusive.

We have lived in a quiet neighborhood for more than ten years. All of the neighbors on our block have lived there even longer. We literally never speak to our neighbors. All of us in the neighborhood just seem to hit our garage door openers, drive in our garages, and shut the garage doors behind us.

We all have very large backyards and most are fenced in with privacy fencing. We spend a lot of time outside, but in our back yards.

Despite the fact that I have never talked to any of the neighbors I consider our family to be very social. We spend a great deal of time with friends and in various volunteer work.

Years ago I worked with an older lady who used to say she didn’t “neighbor” but she spent her time with family and friends. I didn’t really understand at the time (I was a teenager) but now that I have my own family, home, and backyard, it makes perfect sense.

My apologies if this has been answered or discussed, but did the neighbor who woke up at 12:31am to gunshots not call 911? That seems odd unless it's not alarming to be woken up that way in that area to not make the call.

No, they didn't call 911. It is a rural area and people do shoot at four-legged varmints. She said she thought maybe someone was scaring off a bear.

BTW, the couple were not asleep.

moo

We don't know for sure when the dad arrived home, but it seems to me (speculation) that he arrived home after his wife and daughter arrived home from the party. IIRC, they left or came home around 4pm. I think the dad came home after that, but that is speculation, not fact.

I do think it's possible the perp gained entry to the house before the father arrived home, no matter what time the father came home. It's something to consider.

As suggested above, the gunshots at 12:30'ish don't necessarily mean that the crime STARTED at 12:30. There could've been time before that with the perp in the house.

jmo
I had the thought that the perp may have been in the house before the father arrived home as well. I have seen it mentioned, not sure if it was a reliable source, that the neighbor who heard 2 gunshots had not been home long and were not asleep yet. The 2 shots they heard could have both been fired at the father and causing the damage to the door some have claimed to have seen. The mother may have been murdered before the neighbors arrived home. I hate to think what may have been happening to the girl for all of that time though if that were the case. All just speculation

Gunshots not unusual in the area, to scare bears, etc. Here's a link to short audio interview, but *note*, she mistakenly says 2:31. In all other interviews she says 12:31.: The Jayme Closs story: What neighbors heard

jmo
If the perp was already in the house and the door truly is damaged at this because of his/her/their entry, I'm thinking it would be noticeable to the family when they arrived home. I would not enter a house where my door had been kicked in...if that's in fact what happened.

We were robbed once and my kids arrived home before I did to find the door kicked in. They ran across the street to a neighbor's house, thankfully. Turned out ok, no one was in the house at that point, but still it is a forewarning something's not right.

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

CNN.com - Transcripts

thoughts???

My thoughts are that the Closs parents may have worked a night shift at their factory jobs and when the neighbor lady brought mail to the door during the day they may have been sleeping. Or maybe they thought she was a door-to-door sales lady or a person with religious literature. Many people do not answer the door to people they don't know or to unexpected guests. I don't think this is relevant to this case other than it hints that the perp most likely forced his way into the house because the family would not have answered the door at a time when they are asleep. MOO.

Indeed. The neighbor had said that the Closs family were somewhat "reclusive" (I'm pretty sure that was the term used) and kept to themselves. If traffic started coming to & from their house, it probably would have been noticed, so it appears that nothing unusual had begun at their home -- no drug deals, no boyfriend coming around, no one leaving their house at odd times, etc., etc. Just seems to be things were on an "as usual" basis before that horrible night.

I still wonder a bit if the incident stemmed from the perpetrators going to the wrong location/address. It's not at the top of my list, but it's in there. It has happened before. They went in with who-knows-what intent, dealt with what/who was there, saw Jayme and just took her with them with evil intentions simply because she was there.

Scary, scary. I worry about little Jayme.

Theories, in no particular order:
* Wrong house
* Targeted Jayme, planned abduction
* Targeted parent(s), planned murder
* Burglary gone wrong

What else should be on the list of theories?

jmo

This keeps coming up that Dad gets off at midnight, but I don't remember this being reported. Do you know where it came from?
MOO
If true, this does seem to be an interesting factor and coincidence, that the home intrusion and murders took place very soon after the dad returned home from work. As a side note, it was quite the close call getaway as well, about five minutes before the police arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro