AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayme Closs Now Missing for 4 Days; Parents’ Deaths Ruled as Homicides
That's all we know about the family gathering right now - unless there has been an update that I missed, which is possible. The only mention of 4 pm that I remember is the time of the press conferences.

This is around the time that the details get muddled. Some articles are overwritten with updates while others change due to news from LE. So it's hard to keep track of what's been said, what LE said in pressers and what has been misreported (like the false Miami sighting). That's why it's important to provide a link when something not previously reported in the thread is posted.

FWIW, it happens in nearly all cases. It drives me crazy when I can't find the source again in order to make a point.
I know! I kick myself when I don't take my own notes. I think this might be calling out for note-taking.

I don’t think we know. Or I have not seen. When I was in college I worked in a mfg plant and all shifts were the same across the board. Obviously, ymmv. They could have had departments on different schedules. IMO.
Agree that different depts could be on different schedules. I have worked for a manufacturing facility in the midwest where some departments were on 8hr shifts Mon-Fri while others were on 12hr shifts with 2-3 days on then 2-3 days off.

Search intensifies for girl; 13-year-old vanishes after parents killed

Dispatch logs describe incident. The phone call came from mom’s phone.

“According to Barron County dispatch logs, a 911 call was placed at 12:56 a.m. Oct. 15 from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs.

The dispatcher reported hearing “a lot of yelling.” The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message. A computer trace indicated the phone was at the Closs home, 1268 13 1/2 Ave. (U.S. Hwy. 8). Three deputies were sent to the scene.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.”
BBM
This is new! Multiple rounds spent?

They split the group into smaller groups, and each small group of volunteers searched with an LEO. There are probably only so many LEOs to go around. Just my hunch, not a fact.

jmo

My thoughts exactly. I was involved in one volunteer search and when too many volunteers arrived they had them wait until a group leader became available.

“According to Barron County dispatch logs, a 911 call was placed at 12:56 a.m. Oct. 15 from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs.

The dispatcher reported hearing “a lot of yelling.” The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message. A computer trace indicated the phone was at the Closs home, 1268 13 1/2 Ave. (U.S. Hwy. 8). Three deputies were sent to the scene.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.””

Wow! So it was the mom’s phone.Why the secrecy?

And multiple gunshots. Wow!

I think it was mentioned that Dad was management. I wonder if managers work shift work or more normal hours?

Was he a manager, or was he a lead? Might sound the same, but they are very different. Leads work out on the floor with line employees; management has other responsibilities. I thought originally it was mentioned that he was a lead, but I could very well be wrong. JMO.

Video of the search along Highway 8
"Volunteers must bring a valid ID and wear proper footwear and clothing. The office also said volunteers should bring their own water, it will turn away volunteers as soon as they have 100 searchers"

Sheriff Calls for 100 Volunteers to Help in Jayme Closs Search; Therapists, Comfort Dogs Sent to Barron County Schools

Find it little strange they would send people away once they reached 100 volunteers, you would think more the better, obviously there is a reason for this.

I think it's also odd they waited so long before asking for locals to help. I'm wondering if it's some sort of "fishing expediton" They want ID from everyone, maybe they're running background checks. Limiting it to 100 people at a time would keep it manageable.

I think it was mentioned that Dad was management. I wonder if managers work shift work or more normal hours?

I am sure every company is different. I was the admin for a manager. He technically worked on shift but often stayed late. Never left early that I can recall. I wish we had a local who worked there. Lol. Jmo.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.””
Finally! The mother's phone.
Multiple shots, IMO is more than 2.
If dad got off work @ 1:00am, he couldn't have been dead when police arrived, so either he got off earlier or didn't work that day.
I'm feeling that it's a neighbor that had a long standing beef with.
Perhaps a group of people he passed in driving home from work after midnight for years.
Perhaps witnessed something at some point?
At any rate, rage and someone known to the parents at least.
Moo

I get it, but dad getting off work at 12 am (if he did) might change the thinking for some of us. I would like to know if that's an actual fact or not.
MOO

Yes, I would like actual facts too. :)

I searched several articles and could not find any time at all indicated for work or the party.

Confound it, I can't find anything specific about James Closs' workday on 10/14. I apologize for jumping on this too quickly.

MODS: Please delete if necessary. Sorry! Last thing I want to do is create more work for our swamped Moderators.

Last edited:
Argh! The woman first said they had gone to bed around a quarter after 12. Then she said they heard the shots at 2:38, adjusted to 2:31. Obviously she misspoke since that timing couldn't work and I'm marking it up to nervousness. But now it does make me wonder if her original statement of 12:38/01 is possibly off. Maybe it's time for her to stop agreeing to interviews - I get the feeling she's traumatized by the incident. Poor woman.
I feel confident that she misspoke and meant 12:38, not 2:38. Poor thing, I agree she’s traumatized.

Well he was apparently working on a Sunday which is not typically normal hours. Wonder if he was called in for a reason..or if he had another part time job somewhere else. Be nice to have this info.

not at all how it works, like i said in the Vian case, car jackers dont steal people and people stealers dont take cars. Sex traffickers are not breaking into a home killing two parents for a 13 year old girl. IMO thats not what they are about. They want the kid in and out quick, kids who ran away or come from broken homes.

Best comment of the day. It’s so absolutely true. Cardiologists don’t extract molars. There is a level of specificity that is present in this case IMO. A targeted plan. The timeline and carefulness are finite, the tight opportunity for the incident + escape just seem so premeditated to me.
*I don’t recall a MP case with even remotely similar details but the timing and WTF factor remind me of Missy Bevers perp AKA Swatperp..

BBM
This is new! Multiple rounds spent?
That sounds revealing, until you factor in the fact that you have two dead victims, each suffering atleast one gunshot wound.

That would meet the definition of “multiple rounds spent,” even though it may have been as little as two.

Since we're questioning assumptions, can anyone link the fact that James was management? I don't recall seeing much of anything linked related to their employment other than confirmation they were long-term employees at Jennie-O.

Mom was probably the main person on the cell phones. We have 5 and they are all under my hubby's account.

This was my first thought too, but I don’t think it was referring to who’s on the phone records. I think they quite literally mean they called the phone back after the hang up and it went to a voicemail that said “Hi you’ve reached Denise etc”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme