AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search intensifies for girl; 13-year-old vanishes after parents killed

Dispatch logs describe incident. The phone call came from mom’s phone.

“According to Barron County dispatch logs, a 911 call was placed at 12:56 a.m. Oct. 15 from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs.

The dispatcher reported hearing “a lot of yelling.” The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message. A computer trace indicated the phone was at the Closs home, 1268 13 1/2 Ave. (U.S. Hwy. 8). Three deputies were sent to the scene.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.””

Are we sure this is a reliable source?

ETA: nvm I didn’t realize this is a local news site.

It is possible they just weren’t friendly with these particular neighbors. Others in town have said they were active in the community and seemed to know them well. It also stuck me as odd that the neighbors said they didn’t know they had children but also saw a child get off the bus every day. Who did they think she was? Anyway, I don’t necessarily think there is much negative connotation to draw from their lack of a relationship with the people next door. Jmo.

BBM. Yes. I noticed that as well. I didn't want to bring it up because I don't want to criticize the lady but I feel she might be over stressed from these events and also might have some memory issues. She also thought the Closs family moved in about 8 years ago but we have property records showing the family bought the house in 2001. Some people are just not good at recalling numbers or judging how much time has passed between two events. Perhaps she is not the best witness for when the shots were actually fired. But then we also have her husband who would have heard the shots too. I wonder why we only see her giving interviews and not her husband? Has he given any interviews to the press yet? Did he have any interactions with the family? Just wondering...

Since we're questioning assumptions, can anyone link the fact that James was management? I don't recall seeing much of anything linked related to their employment other than confirmation they were long-term employees at Jennie-O.
It was mentioned many threads ago. I don't know that it was ever confirmed.

There were multiple rounds fired. The neighbors got home and only heard the last two.

Whoever did the shooting was not concerned about the shots being heard. They would not know that the neighbors were not home.

I,lived in the country and the nearest neighbor was 300 feet away.If I heard that many shots at night, I would be concerned. Maybe concerned enough to call LE.

Why were the shooters not worried about their gunshots?

That’s disappointing to me. I work for a very small company and despite the negatives I could go on and on about, if God forbid something like this happened, I am pretty sure they’d contribute towards a reward. But maybe Jennie-O did and they just didn’t publicize it?

I haven’t heard of *any* reward. :(

Well he was apparently working on a Sunday which is not typically normal hours. Wonder if he was called in for a reason..or if he had another part time job somewhere else. Be nice to have this info.

Isn’t he a shift supervisor? If so, it’d make sense he was working a Sunday night shift imo

Im sorry have they confirmed that the call came from the mom's cell phone?

LE is heavily advising family to not speak to the media whatsoever. I wouldn’t be surprised if the same was being done in regards to a reward.
Also, having worked for a relatively large company, there could be a lot of hoops to jump through (documentation, higher-up approvals, etc that take time) to issue such a donation.

But what’s the point of a reward if no one knows about it?
I don’t think there is a reward. I think LE is not “allowing,” for lack of a better word, a reward at this time. They have some motive (I don’t know what it is honestly) for telling the family to not speak to the media and I think this probably follows along the same guidelines as their motive for that. If that makes sense.

“According to Barron County dispatch logs, a 911 call was placed at 12:56 a.m. Oct. 15 from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs.

The dispatcher reported hearing “a lot of yelling.” The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message. A computer trace indicated the phone was at the Closs home, 1268 13 1/2 Ave. (U.S. Hwy. 8). Three deputies were sent to the scene.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.””

Thanks Alyssa!!!

I must add that the "Police Beat" section of that newspaper seems to have an extraordinary amount of reported crime(s) in it, for a small town.

But what of definite value does that info give us? Genuine question, not being snarky at all.
If the killer knew they were somewhat reclusive people, assuming the perpetrator knew the victims, they might be aware of when they would most likely be at home.

exactly what I was thinking was it was moms phone...changes a lot for me

That sounds revealing, until you factor in the fact that you have two dead victims, each suffering atleast one gunshot wound.

That would meet the definition of “multiple rounds spent,” even though it may have been as little as two.
You are correct. I was thinking multiple meant more than that but it could be only more than one.

Me neither but I haven’t been able to keep up with the threads during the day so I wasn’t sure if something changed.
Agree... was it the moms personal line or just a number on the moms account? I am the account holder of my phone, my husbands, and my 4 stepkids.
That article said the voicemail was for Denise Closs when their call back went to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home