AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get rid of the specific times for a minute.

We know the mom and JC were at the party that day. We know the father was at work during the party.

Regardless of when they arrived home, they encountered a gunman who shot two times at 12:30'ish in the morning, according to the neighbor.

But that doesn't mean the gunman arrived at 12:30.

Regardless of when the dad arrived home, I'm wondering if the perp broke in while the dad was at work - perhaps specifically to get Jayme or perhaps to rob an empty house? IDK...just thinking it through.

I don't want to get hung up on the 12:30 gunshots but back it up.

jmo
I get it, but dad getting off work at 12 am (if he did) might change the thinking for some of us. I would like to know if that's an actual fact or not.
MOO

if (unknown for sure) the dad worked until midnight, did he bring someone home with him like a co-worker that had to be back to work the next day?
Or.....was there a guest at the house when dad got home and the situation became very volatile?
Or, did dad walk into a crime or crimes being committed?
If dad got off work at midnight and the gunshots were heard at 12:30 then him coming home at that time is more than likely significant.
Why was Jayme's life spared at that time and she was taken instead of killed?

There is room at the top of the blueish thing. If it was the door, there would be no room at the to
I blew the picture up and IMO that pic was taken when the storm door was still in place, the knob is visible on the right. The "bluish" thing IMO is a sheet, you can see wrinkling in it.

Somehow, someone was sufficiently motivated to kill Jayme’s parents and Jayme disappeared. On that night, and at that time, with a gun. What’s the simplest explanation? I don’t know, but I think that’s where we need to look. Trying to focus.
Parents being murdered is easier to explain, imo. If they owed money to someone, or if anyone had an altercation with one or both.., road rage continued from elsewhere (far fetched probably, but the way I see folks behave in cases like that - yikes!). As I said the amount of rage that seems to have gone down at the crime scene has to be personal. Taking Jayme? Harder to explain, unless the rage against the parents was something to do with her, maybe needing to rescue her from something? Or part of the revenge factor? Or just impulse. All imoo, naturally.

Last edited:
I had the thought that the perp may have been in the house before the father arrived home as well. I have seen it mentioned, not sure if it was a reliable source, that the neighbor who heard 2 gunshots had not been home long and were not asleep yet. The 2 shots they heard could have both been fired at the father and causing the damage to the door some have claimed to have seen. The mother may have been murdered before the neighbors arrived home. I hate to think what may have been happening to the girl for all of that time though if that were the case. All just speculation
:) Welcome to Websleuths, T74! :)
Glad to have you with us.​

Search intensifies for girl; 13-year-old vanishes after parents killed

Dispatch logs describe incident. The phone call came from mom’s phone.

“According to Barron County dispatch logs, a 911 call was placed at 12:56 a.m. Oct. 15 from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs.

The dispatcher reported hearing “a lot of yelling.” The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message. A computer trace indicated the phone was at the Closs home, 1268 13 1/2 Ave. (U.S. Hwy. 8). Three deputies were sent to the scene.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.””

Okay. I lived in Arlington VA. Just outside of DC. Gunshots during the day could be gangs, or could be 21 guns at Arlington National Cemetery. And growing up in the WA wilderness, guns meant someone was hunting or protecting their stock. We don’t all freak out and go 911 when we hear a gun. That’s all.

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

CNN.com - Transcripts

thoughts???

Saying they saw her get off the bus every day and then saying they didnt even know the neighbors had children is bothering me. Add saying she hears gunshots at 2:31 instead of 12:31 and I lose more faith in this person's credibility. I am probably over thinking it though.

Wouldn’t it be typical for a company to offer a reward after two long-time employees were murdered and their daughter is missing? JMO

It should be, IMHO. I said it in the last thread and will say it again: buy Butterball this Thanksgiving.

If the company isn’t setting a reward, does anyone know if there’s a CrimeStoppers or FBI reward? for reward? Someone, somewhere has to know something. Sometimes money talks.

I had the thought that the perp may have been in the house before the father arrived home as well. I have seen it mentioned, not sure if it was a reliable source, that the neighbor who heard 2 gunshots had not been home long and were not asleep yet. The 2 shots they heard could have both been fired at the father and causing the damage to the door some have claimed to have seen. The mother may have been murdered before the neighbors arrived home. I hate to think what may have been happening to the girl for all of that time though if that were the case. All just speculation
I wonder if someone followed the mom and Jayme home from the party. :(

“According to Barron County dispatch logs, a 911 call was placed at 12:56 a.m. Oct. 15 from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs.

The dispatcher reported hearing “a lot of yelling.” The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message. A computer trace indicated the phone was at the Closs home, 1268 13 1/2 Ave. (U.S. Hwy. 8). Three deputies were sent to the scene.

About 10 minutes later, a deputy reported a man down and “multiple rounds spent.””
WOW!! Great find @alyssa5597. Thank you.

Fitzgerald says Jayme was last seen at a family gathering Sunday afternoon, but he provided no details
Naiberg says his daughter was a "thoughtful person" who brought "a little gift for everybody" at the party. He says Jayme's father was working at the time of the party.
Jayme Closs Now Missing for 4 Days; Parents’ Deaths Ruled as Homicides
That's all we know about the family gathering right now - unless there has been an update that I missed, which is possible. The only mention of 4 pm that I remember is the time of the press conferences.

This is around the time that the details get muddled. Some articles are overwritten with updates while others change due to news from LE. So it's hard to keep track of what's been said, what LE said in pressers and what has been misreported (like the false Miami sighting). That's why it's important to provide a link when something not previously reported in the thread is posted.

FWIW, it happens in nearly all cases. It drives me crazy when I can't find the source again in order to make a point.

Thank you for finding that MKZoo, but did Jayme's father work in the palletizing, loading or picking departments? Because those are the departments who have those hours.
MOO

I don’t think we know. Or I have not seen. When I was in college I worked in a mfg plant and all shifts were the same across the board. Obviously, ymmv. They could have had departments on different schedules. IMO.

ETA: I was an admin but I also worked on mfg shift. But again, every place could be different.

That last paragraph. Explain cuz that sounds whoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member