AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were multiple rounds fired. The neighbors got home and only heard the last two.

Whoever did the shooting was not concerned about the shots being heard. They would not know that the neighbors were not home.

I,lived in the country and the nearest neighbor was 300 feet away.If I heard that many shots at night, I would be concerned. Maybe concerned enough to call LE.

Why were the shooters not worried about their gunshots?

yep, this is what i've been wondering all along. now, shots inside the home could've been muffled to the point that they wouldn't be heard by neighbors who live 300 feet away so you might not be concerned about those. but of course we know that at least 2 were shot in such a vicinity (outside?) so as to be heard. not worrying about the shots being heard + staying the home for at least 20 minutes after those shots is definitely telling - of what? that is the question...

There were multiple rounds fired. The neighbors got home and only heard the last two.

Whoever did the shooting was not concerned about the shots being heard. They would not know that the neighbors were not home.

I,lived in the country and the nearest neighbor was 300 feet away.If I heard that many shots at night, I would be concerned. Maybe concerned enough to call LE.

Why were the shooters not worried about their gunshots?
I wonder if both parents were out for the evening leaving JC home alone and they both walked in while the suspect(s) were in the home.

This was my first thought too, but I don’t think it was referring to who’s on the phone records. I think they quite literally mean they called the phone back after the hang up and it went to a voicemail that said “Hi you’ve reached Denise etc”
That makes better sense. Now, who dialed from moms phone?

exactly what I was thinking was it was moms phone...changes a lot for me

It's possible that JC doesn't have her own cellphone. I know most kids do now, but at age 13, maybe she didn't. I'm curious if the mom was able to dial her phone or if JC found the phone in the home and made the call.

jmopinion only

Something was off, or different that night. Party? Work schedule? Or possibly just random (bad) luck. But imho, something was different that night that brought perps to the door.

This case reminds me of the Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman case out of Oklahoma. Both 16, disappeared in December 1999. Parents of Ashley were murdered, case unsolved and the girls were never found.

There is more known then most realize

1. Jayme and her mom Denise attended a family gathering past 4:00 pm on Sunday 10/14.
2. James Jayme's father was at work and did not attend this gathering. He worked until around 12:00 am.
3. Both James and Denise are now deceased from gunshot wounds
4. The neighbor heard two distinct gunshots at around 12:32 am
5. A 911 call came in with a muffled fight in the background and someone yelled help just after 1:00 pm
6. Jayme is now missing
7. No reported trace of a stranger in the area based on surveillance videos

This tells you a few things. One is it possible this was an attack on James? He had just arrived home from work. If it were a robbery or a kidnapping it would have been less risky while he was away.
Also, Jayme was not killed at the scene. Doesn't this lean more towards a known pre-existing relationship? The murder/kidnapper did not want to kill a child they cared about.
The other notable thing is the time gap between the neighbor's statement of two gunshots and the 911 call. Is it possible the party was looking for something? someone one?

They need to look at known associates

Also, the picture of the frame on the last thread is a window.

What are your sources for #1 and #2 please? This is the first I have seen those times stated.

Timeline of events: Missing Barron Co. teen

Father: James Closs, 56 – Deceased
Mother: Denise Closs, 46 – Deceased
Daughter: Jayme Closs, 13 – Missing
View attachment 151862

Sunday, October 14
Denise & Jayme Closs attend family gathering. James, was at work, according to the Associated Press.

Monday, October 15
12:58 a.m. – Barron Co. receives 911 call from 1268 Hwy. 8. Nobody speaks back to dispatchers.
– Deputies find James and Denise dead from gunshots. Daughter Jayme is missing
– FBI, DCI arrive at home on Highway 8. Search of the area begins

6:56 a.m. – Sheriff’s Dept. puts out notice on social media and to local media of missing teen.
– Sheriff’s Dept. interviews school staff at Riverview Middle School – where Jayme attends.

3:23 p.m. – AMBER Alert is sent out for Jayme.

[...]
Anything about family vehicle

It said it was listed to the mom. My stepkids phones would come back as listed to me.

“...from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs” directly precedes where it says “The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message”

This seems pretty clear that the voicemail itself said it was Denise IMO.

So...a passing thought...Mom hid and used her cell phone to call 911 while 'something' was happening. She or something cut the call short. 911 operator tried calling her back and got the recording in her name. That would mean that the phone rang and possibly gave away her hiding place and lead to her death.

“...from a phone with a voicemail that indicates it lists to Denise Closs” directly precedes where it says “The dispatcher called back but couldn’t leave a message”

This seems pretty clear that the voicemail itself said it was Denise IMO.

That is how you interpreted it and I interpreted it differently. <modsnip: Don't be rude.>

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

CNN.com - Transcripts

thoughts???

I'm confused...... how could they not know there were children (or a child- Jayme) in the home if they witnessed a school bus stopping every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member