AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

CNN.com - Transcripts

thoughts???

Thank you for the article, but ugh. It's still early in the investigation but I hope this is not where it's headed:

Martin contends that the more investigators begin to rule things out, the more they might have to rule in the possibility that the person or persons responsible have no connection to the Closs family whatsoever.

"If you asked me on the first day this occurred, I would have said those odds are very low," Martin said of the chances a complete stranger abducted Jayme.

"Unfortunately, those odds are getting greater as they eliminate other possibilities."
Former Minneapolis Homicide Investigator Offers Insight Into Search for Barron County Teen

i believe the neighbors who heard the shots live 300 feet away. there was a discussion earlier about perspective and i agree - to me, a city rat, 300 feet makes a house pretty isolated haha. but in terms of being rural, their house really wasn't very isolated at all.
I agree with you that 300ft (a football field) is a LONG ways away imo

The door is very significant, imo . Apart from whatever physical evidence it might yeild, it also helps us get an understanding of whether the murderer(s) were known to the victims, and whether or not violence was the intent from the start. In other words, I might be considering some kind of family situation that got out of control, but evidence that shows that a door was kicked in or shot in, might lead me to a very different conclusion.

JMO

That was NOT the point of my post. I was explaining how a storm door can be kept open without holding it open.
Also, none of us know at all what a DOOR is going to prove in this case long term. We speculate, but we do not KNOW.

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

CNN.com - Transcripts

thoughts???
isn't that what neighbors they said about that couple in california who locked up their 13 kids in chains everyday? I forget the name of the family

Thanks for that transcript!

I found out that the neighbor was interviewed today (10/18) on the situation by WTMJ, which is newer than the Banfield interview in case additional details clarifying etc. :

The Jayme Closs story: What neighbors heard
Argh! The woman first said they had gone to bed around a quarter after 12. Then she said they heard the shots at 2:38, adjusted to 2:31. Obviously she misspoke since that timing couldn't work and I'm marking it up to nervousness. But now it does make me wonder if her original statement of 12:38/01 is possibly off. Maybe it's time for her to stop agreeing to interviews - I get the feeling she's traumatized by the incident. Poor woman.

Stumbled across, this..

209ocwo.jpg

Perspective is an interesting thing. I grew up on 10 to 20 acre plots. 300 feet seems like right next door. I would never have questioned gunshots at night. It actually happened that a neighbor was murdered next door (by a spouse) when I was 12 or 13. Heard the shots, thought nothing of it until I was later questioned by LE. We all have our own particular narrative that we bring to each case. I’m really not surprised by much anymore.

Hmmmm..... Looks like this is an issue in the area......
Sex Trafficking Happening In Every Wisconsin County

From the above link:

“What were you doing at age 13? For many people, the answer probably revolves around going to school and hanging out with friends. But that’s not the case for all 13-year-olds. In fact, 13 is the average age of girls who are sex trafficked across the country, according to Dana World-Patterson.

“When we go back to being 13-years-old, we weren’t thinking about how do we pleasure someone day in and day out with our bodies,” she says.”

Argh! The woman first said they had gone to bed around a quarter after 12. Then she said they heard the shots at 2:38, adjusted to 2:31. Obviously she misspoke since that timing couldn't work and I'm marking it up to nervousness. But now it does make me wonder if her original statement of 12:38/01 is possibly off. Maybe it's time for her to stop agreeing to interviews - I get the feeling she's traumatized by the incident. Poor woman.
Her clock was about 7 minutes fast. She adjusted it according to what the real time was. 12:31. She has always been consistent, imo.

I'm looking at possible family dynamics, that's all.
I’ve been wondering the same. Because the majority of teens in the US don’t live in Intact families. This is due to divorce, alienation, and other components. So in a double murder and an abduction, I feel the family dynamics are pretty important.

She does sound nervous /anxious talking in this interview. i agree. Like almost tearful or am I imaging that part? :(

I have been looking at all of the photos of Jayme and she seems to be so naive.

She doesnt appear to want to look older than she is like many girls her age.

Now I am doubting she would chat online with anyone she didnt personally know.

I think she lived a life where her parents instilled in her to enjoy whatever age she is and not grow up too fast but enjoy being a young child for as long as possible.

Now I am even doubting she would have a boyfriend.

I know you cant judge everything by photos but I get the feeling she may have even been very shy around boys.

Just a feeling...nothing more.

Jumping off this you reminded me out of a case in Texas (and Washington for that matter). A “naive” girl who was feeling alone was befriended by a female online. She thought she was talking to a new girl friend. It was a female luring her into sex trafficking. She met up with her female friend and the lady and her boyfriend threw her in a trunk, drugged her out and pimped her out of motels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay