AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe we should do some searching for home invasions where the door was kicked in?
Happened to our house when my kids were younger. Turned out to be neighborhood teenagers who came during the day and stole trivial things. And our door was dead bolted with half glass top, so they kicked in the wooden bottom section.

I think this scenario makes a lot of sense. However, I believe the mom was shot soon after the father because we know the neighbors heard the two gun blasts happen within a short window (2-5mins iirc). Maybe there were two or more perps and the yelling heard on the 911 call was them yelling at each other and/or at Jayme.

I think the neighbors could have easily missed other gun shots later on. If they were in another part of the home or trying to quiet the shot its easily seen TO ME how the neighbors could have missed it. They weren't actively watching outside as they didn't hear yelling like the 911 call reports nor did they hear/see Jayme or the suspect fleeing. (unless they did and police aren't saying.) They also weren't necessarily on alert because they didn't call the police. `

To kill two adults with only two shots would be major skill combined with one of the victims being tied up so a precise shot would be easy or the family felt complete comfort with suspect that would allow them to get that close to make one precise shot. Or as you said multiple perps who are focused and there to do a very specific job. My guess is the neighbors didn't hear all the gunshots that night.

My impression is that that the door was already open and the location of Dad's body was such that it would have been impossible for him to be dead in that position before the door was opened. I believe that it is an assumption at that moment on the part of the officer that Dad actually answered the door as it is quite possible that the door was already open and any number of things went on prior to dad being killed.
Yes, that totally makes sense. I am interested to know what he was wearing. I think this could give insight into the timeline of events, also the way his body was positioned, as you said.

I did not read as JC/Dad answered the door to LE. How was Dad shot and several spent bullets on the floor with LE on the scene? Are you saying that LE shot James? That's not plausible. MOO

I don't think it's plausible either. I can see how one could interpret that sentence in the log that way, but when we consider that the door was already open when LE arrived on scene, it rules that idea out, IMO.

bbm

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders
"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

Maybe he did tell them she was kidnapped, and that is why before checking to see if she was with friends or anything they immediately called her a missing and endangered person. Maybe LE just doesn't want her abductor to know this??
But she wasn't immediately classified. That didn't happen until around 3:30, approximately 2.5 hours after first responders got to the scene and then the information apparently wasn't distributed for nearly another 1.5 hours. If he had been able to convey this information, I think it would have been much faster than those times.

Maybe he did tell them she was kidnapped, and that is why before checking to see if she was with friends or anything they immediately called her a missing and endangered person. Maybe LE just doesn't want her abductor to know this??
Wouldn't the log have noted if one of the responding officers was actually able to speak to James? And also requesting EMS immediately? Or do we think that info has possibly been redacted for public view?

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

Yes, this, thank you. @rainynights ....when I shortened the whole quote I think I lost your name.

<mod fixed broken quote>

Last edited by a moderator:
Happened to our house when my kids were younger. Turned out to be neighborhood teenagers who came during the day and stole trivial things. And our door was dead bolted with half glass top, so they kicked in the wooden bottom section.

Jumping off this,I wonder if any local high schoolers missed school in the days following? I think this would be worth a shot to check into.

I think the neighbors could have easily missed other gun shots later on. If they were in another part of the home or trying to quiet the shot its easily seen TO ME how the neighbors could have missed it. They weren't actively watching outside as they didn't hear yelling like the 911 call reports nor did they hear/see Jayme or the suspect fleeing. (unless they did and police aren't saying.) They also weren't necessarily on alert because they didn't call the police. `

To kill two adults with only two shots would be major skill combined with one of the victims being tied up so a precise shot would be easy or the family felt complete comfort with suspect that would allow them to get that close to make one precise shot. Or as you said multiple perps who are focused and there to do a very specific job. My guess is the neighbors didn't hear all the gunshots that night.
Didnt the 911 transcript state multiple rounds? Wonder why the neighbor only heard 2... Could it be just the first 2 she heard and not the one(s) that killed Mom?

I have been wondering the same thing all along. JMO I think they look like thin nylon cord, that someone was tied to the chair, likely Mom, and LE cut the cords to free her body. No cushion. I think the Perp brought cord with him.
a few days ago we speculated they were flat athletic shoe strings - Jayme was a runner and I read somewhere Mom may have been as well - maybe thread #2?

Last edited:

We don't know what kind of gun was used. You don't need to be as accurate with a shotgun as you do a handgun/rifle.

I think this scenario makes a lot of sense. However, I believe the mom was shot soon after the father because we know the neighbors heard the two gun blasts happen within a short window (2-5mins iirc). Maybe there were two or more perps and the yelling heard on the 911 call was them yelling at each other and/or at Jayme.
But if there were multiple rounds spent, maybe the neighbors only heard two shotts, that perhaps were close to front door. Then we’re left wondering when were the other shots fired?

I don't think it's plausible either. I can see how one could interpret that sentence in the log that way, but when we consider that the door was already open when LE arrived on scene, it rules that idea out, IMO.

bbm

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders
“Later found” that implies she was not in the front part of the house, IMO. What could this mean? Wish we knew exactly where they found mom.

“Fitzgerald said the public should be mindful of someone who missed work suddenly; missed scheduled appointments; suddenly left town without a reasonable explanation; changed appearance; is acting anxious, nervous, or irritable; or is paying an unusual amount of interest -- either too much or too little -- to the progress of the Closs investigation.”

That'd be me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member