AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone just a quick question, is it okay to link to Radar? I know in the last thread maybe they gave the okay to do so.

R
I am a long time viewer of WS and have not posted in a while. Having a background in LEO and having discussed this case with many local WI individuals from the area I believe it only helpful to write here what I have heard and surmised. I am from WI, not so far from Barron. I am deeply concerned about this being a sex trafficking or related case. The concern is partly based on my knowledge of the local area and the infiltration of drugs and illicit behavior in the area. Follow the money is a common and important statement. Where drugs go money is its direct roommate.

I have spoken to an individual who states that she is distant relation to the family. This person stated that Jamey was at a family event the day before the incident. <modsnip - rumor, not from an allowed source >. We all should be aware of the dangers of the internet and social media activity for the young and innocent youth who may get caught up in things they do not expect, or even understand.

Did Jamey have an ongoing relationship with an individual or individuals from a social media site or any other sites? Barron is a small town of around 3300 people and it would not be surprising at all for youth in the area to have social media presences outside their parents knowledge base.

Did Jamey divulge her address or any details that would ultimately lead an assailant or assailants to her home?

Unfortunately one piece of evidence that would likely illuminate a pathway to answering these questions is currently nowhere to be found. That being Jamey's Cell phone. There are of course other ways for experienced investigators to locate digital information but the phone would be pivotal. The data on the cell phone is likely known to pose a risk to the suspect or suspects and so it may have been destroyed.

I really hope investigators locate a digital footprint that leads to Jamey being found alive. Bless her family and the community.
I got the sense that LE has not found any information to lead them to believe the perp is someone Jayme may have come in contact with. Since they are asking for people to come forward who may have, or know anyone who has had a misunderstanding with the parents, it seems they are focused on someone who knew the parents rather than who knew or had contact with Jayme. Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
LE has not confirmed this, I think it may be speculation based on something that came from a " source" who claims that's what they were told. But so far it has not verified, that I know of. Jmo

Thanks, I’ve been wondering. I can only imagine how terrifying it must have been for all of them and must still be for JC. Please let today be the day she’s safely rescued.

There has been considerable discussion about the chair that was removed from the house. I don't see any conclusive evidence of blood on the chair when you carefully review the WCCO footage posted on CNN:
Jayme Closs disappearance: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl - CNN

I shoot and edit videos, and do image retouching for a living. What I do see when reviewing the video on some devices is lower resolution digital artifacting that gives the wood an oversaturated appearance (which could be misinterpreted as blood) in some frames of the video. This is fairly common in digital video. Reviewing the video using my iphone gave me the clearest picture of the video at a higher resolution frame by frame, and IMO there is no visual evidence of blood in that video.

The disussion of someone being tied up to that chair has also been prevalent. When you do a google search "windsor chair seat cushions" or similar searches such as "chair cushions" you'll note that the most common way that they are attached to chair is by two ties in the back. Those ties can be easily seen dangling from the back of this chair in the video. What is a bit more curious is the tie in the front left. It appears to be tied around the front corner of the chair in a different fashion than the others, but does appear to be constructed of the same material as the other two (meaning seat cushion).

JMO but I don't think there's sufficient evidence provided by that video to say conclusively that anyone was tied up on that chair (or that there's blood on it). Wouldn't you need a more complex set of rope and knots to effectively secure someone to that chair? If the chair contained blood with restraints and was critical evidence to the crime scene, would LE want to untie the assembly prior to removing it from the home? MOO
I thought the chair could have been used for defense or blocking the door.

Dear Everyone,

I've decided to allow Radaronline.com to be used as a mainstream media source. Yes there are times when Radaronline.com is gossipy and wrong. However, they do have great interviews when it comes to true crime. They can find out things that no other source can find. I believe they pay people for their stories so that's probably why.

www.radaronline.com is now considered a usable media source.

I'm closing the thread down for the night because the alerts have been out of control. I have never seen this type of alert frenzy on Websleuths. We are going to have to figure out how to stop everyone from alerting at the same time.

We will open a new thread in the morning.

G'night,

Tricia

B U M P I N G

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/barron6-jpg.151409/

There is no seat cushion. Why cut away a cushion and leave strings? If someone cut away the cushion, the strings would fall off. The chair was taken into evidence.

While I am glad the photography poster upthread pointed out how color can bleed in an image, and there is a bright red truck to the left, look at the lower rung on the side facing the camera and those two separated red areas do not look like photographic artifacts.

I guess because sometimes those strings become disconnected with a cushion and cushion might still be used on chair with loose strings unattached to cushion. I am also going with the timeline of the gun shots heard by neighbor and her husband at circa 12:31 a.m. There would not have been that much time left until 12:56 a.m. 911 call. IMO

There is no seat cushion. Why cut away a cushion and leave strings? If someone cut away the cushion, the strings would fall off. The chair was taken into evidence.

While I am glad the photography poster upthread pointed out how color can bleed in an image, and there is a bright red truck to the left, look at the lower rung on the side facing the camera and those two separated red areas do not look like photographic artifacts.
I agree. I also notice blood in a couple spots on the chair and even a spot that looks a little red on the far front piece of rope. As a photographer and photo editor I don't see these spots of red just being artifacts in the picture. Only le knows for fact.

How could someone barricade themselves in a bathroom?

That is a small house that I am sure does not have a spa like bathroom.

Do people have locks on their bathroom door?

Trying to catch up on reading. I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. I cannot find a statement from LE stating anything about an intruder. Can someone direct me? TIA

I stand by my assessment that it is not blood. The attached image is too low resolution to give make an accurate determination. If anything at the end of the clip when the chair gets in close proximity to the red truck, the color distortion of the wood is even greater. Reviewing the video at the 0:47 mark shows those parts of the chair with greater clarity. Reviewing the video at a higher resolution also helps see the detail.

There very well might be blood on the chair, I just don't think there's sufficient visual evidence from this video to support that claim.

Having trouble with pasting links per 911 call,and police responce.
A couple things really stood out to me.
1. Who was circling/driving around and got stopped by LE?
2. Who's drone was found flying around the scene?

This is the first time I heard there was a civillian drone at the scene. Do you have a source?

Hey everyone just a quick question, is it okay to link to Radar? I know in the last thread maybe they gave the okay to do so.
I think someone just posted a recent article that we have been discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste