AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
o/t

No, actually it is no longer possible to totally delete a post so people use a period or the word "delete". We had a long discussion about it on the Welcome thread.[ sorry, I read the wwelcom thread in
o/t

No, actually it is no longer possible to totally delete a post so people use a period or the word "delete". We had a long discussion about it on the Welcome thread.

Sorry, the last time I read the Welcome thread was in 2012 when I joined. I guess I need to go back and refresh my memory. I swear I thought your comment was a joke. I apologize.

The strings on that chair are way too big and ugly, I feel. And there are never strings on the front. The cushion is held by cute strings by one on each side of the back of the chair,

They may have modified it for some other use. Who kmows what people do. But it is not your normal cute strings and string configuration

I agree. But living in snow country, I’d also say that if a chair is ever used to sit while pulling on/off boots (or cinching other footwear), the cute strings last about 2 seconds. They probably reinforced the cushion attachments, perhaps with elastic loops. The cushion string length would be hidden during normal use, but it appears the cushion was ripped off in this case. MOO.

And that pretty much exhausts my reservoir of cushion string knowledge.

Me too. Why would you commit two counts of first degree murder when you could have abducted her at the bus stop?

I can give you several of the common reasons for what we all, or most of us, are feeling, if you'd like. Not specific to this one crime, of course, but as to why certain crimes are SO clean and some defy logic.

What we are doing, instinctively as adults who are hopefully sober and intelligent, is using our reasoning skills and failing to understand the unreasonable. Right?

The clashes we are having between a few snippets of early info and our speculations about why the parents were killed in cold blood where they lived, and why their beautiful little precious daughter was likely abducted is because this is a disorganized crime, from all known facts at this time. It could become an organized type of crime ( I do not mean " mafia", I mean well planned) at some point, but it does not appear to be well- planned at all.

Some of the most common reasons for disorganized crimes are:
1) Lack of planning.
2) Lack of time due to one thing not being factored in.
3) Drug and/ or alcohol impairment.
4) Mental illness
5) Intellectual impairment for another reason.
6) Utter rage that destroys reason

In the case of the Closs family, I'd give high probability to numbers 1, 3, 4, and 6.
I think someone who obliterates a little family in this way has to be insane, whether due to substance abuse impairment or rage or what the court calls a " mental defect", that is, long standing serious mental illness left untreated.

I hope this helps. Basically, it's like an out of control fire consuming a family where they sat in the comfort of their own home. Obliterated by someone or persons with as much regard for their lives as a fire is able to have.

Even if the perp. turns out to be a " close friend", a " neighbor", a " co-worker", the fire blazing and consuming lives is still the analogy I turn to in order to understand that sort of massive evil which is INHUMAN.

TBH, it sounds like the neighbor is taking advantage of this crime to gain their "5 seconds of fame". Too often that happens in tragedies like this. They didn't know the family, but they "heard gunshots" so they just want to make themselves relevant or use this as an opportunity for $$ from sources like RadarOnline. Sad, really. I'd take everything they say with a grain of salt. Nor would I consider them a suspect necessarily (really doubt it, honestly, because everyone was quick to blame the neighbors who talked in the Mollie Tibbetts case). Very rarely is it the neighbor. Neighbors just like to talk and gossip, so the media loves them.

You know, this makes me wonder if anyone else heard gunshots that night. Could there be other neighbors who heard and told LE but are keeping away from the press? I do think this neighbor that keeps doing interviews might be someone who just likes to gossip. Maybe the Closses were aware she was prone to do that and maybe that's why James and Denise never opened their door for her? :rolleyes: I would like to hear from anyone else who heard gunshots or witnessed something not right that night. JMO.

“"We are using every resource available and have conducted hundreds of interviews, multiple searches, and are using the technical and forensic expertise of our state and federal resources to locate the person or persons who committed this offense and to locate Jayme," Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said in a statement Saturday, which marks the sixth day since Jayme vanished.“

Investigators receive over 1,000 tips in desperate search for Jayme Closs

I just saw that. Looks like restraints. MOO.

Could this crime get any more horrific.
There doesn't seem to be a consensus here as to what they are. Some say restraints. Some say cushion ties. Did you notice what seems to be splinters on the front left of the chair in the last picture?

Could Jayme’s abduction be a red herring? :thinking:

Exploring this train of thought, that would mean the killer(s) would be trying to deflect from her parents being the real target. Perhaps trying to make it appear they are looking for some sort of child predator.

Just a thought.

I’m really thinking about the home invasion style of this crime and the violent murders of the parents and this does not fit with the usual way a child is abducted.

“"An entire state has been racked with Jayme’s disappearance, and the death of her parents," Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel said in a statement Thursday.“

Investigators receive over 1,000 tips in desperate search for Jayme Closs

"Authorities say they have received over a thousand tips, and have thoroughly investigated more than 800 of them, in the desperate search for 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who is believed to be in danger."

Wow. That's some fast investigating!

ETA: I was thinking 800 different tips. Sorry. I know there are lots of dupes. Didn't think before I typed.

I don’t know about there but right now we are in bow and muzzle loader. Maybe they are too and have hunters out that may come across something.

Pheasant (and quail/grouse/other non-migratory game birds) season kicked-off state-wide throughout Wisconsin at 9 AM today (Oct 20th) and runs through first weekend of 2019. Bow season for deer in Wisco started back in September and runs through first weekend of 2019. Non-muzzle-loader gun season in WI runs Nov 17-25; but those hunters often make scouting/prep trips out to their preferred hunting grounds ahead of the start of the season.

Hunting dates and deadlines - Wisconsin DNR

I just saw that. Looks like restraints. MOO.

Could this crime get any more horrific.
The minute I saw that chair being carried out I thought restraints. Why would they mess with a chair that had a broken tie cushion? Perhaps Mom's wrists show she was restrained or Jamey.
This one is so puzzling. Such rage doesn't come from a Romeo coming for his Joliet. They usually come through a window in the dead of night.
One thing I'm pretty sure of is that Jayme was a target. Internet creep? I don't think that would bring such violence either. They are creeps but I don't think Killers.
I was thinking today that poor kid is out there somewhere and her two biggest protectors are dead.
Nobody to plead for her return or tell her they love her.
Murder sucks!

The minute I saw that chair being carried out I thought restraints. Why would they mess with a chair that had a broken tie cushion? Perhaps Mom's wrists show she was restrained or Jamey.
This one is so puzzling. Such rage doesn't come from a Romeo coming for his Joliet. They usually come through a window in the dead of night.
One thing I'm pretty sure of is that Jayme was a target. I don't think that would bring such violence either. They are creeps but I don't think Killers.
I was thinking today that poor kid is out there somewhere and her two biggest protectors are dead.
Nobody to plead for her return or tell her they love her.
Murder sucks!
You just said something that struck me hard. "Nobody to plead for her return or tell her they love her." What if her abductor has her holed up somewhere but is watching the news and tells her no one has pleaded for her safe return. That would hurt so so bad.

Speaking of hunting season I remember long ago following a crime and they talked about Camera's in the trees. I know nothing about them but it seems Hunters put cameras up in the trees, maybe in the blinds to watch for deer. I remember they were hoping some were around to help solve that crime. With all the new tech stuff maybe there are some in these Wisconsin woods.

"Authorities say they have received over a thousand tips, and have thoroughly investigated more than 800 of them, in the desperate search for 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who is believed to be in danger."

Wow. That's some fast investigating!

ETA: I was thinking 800 different tips. Sorry. I know there are lots of dupes. Didn't think before I typed.

Yes but how many of these tips start out with, "Well, I am a ViSiOnArY and I had a dream that Jayme is riding a unicorn in the alps......" :rolleyes:

I wonder why the dispatcher was unable to leave a voicemail. Mailbox full? If so, why? The landline being disconnected also makes me wonder if they were being harassed.

Speaking of hunting season I remember long ago following a crime and they talked about Camera's in the trees. I know nothing about them but it seems Hunters put cameras up in the trees, maybe in the blinds to watch for deer. I remember they were hoping some were around to help solve that crime. With all the new tech stuff maybe there are some in these Wisconsin woods.
LE already asked people to check theirs if they have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member