AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in my 40s and every home regardless of size (including mobile homes) I have ever been in the bathroom door had some type of lock. Whether the door knob itself locked or as the case was at an elderly extended relative's home the door slid on tracks and had a hook. Although most of the locking door knobs I've seen are easily unlocked from the outside by using any small sturdy wire or even a twig.

Yes, and I’d expect anyone who could kick down an exterior door would have no problem breaching an interior door even if it was locked.

Last edited:
I guess because sometimes those strings become disconnected with a cushion and cushion might still be used on chair with loose strings unattached to cushion. I am also going with the timeline of the gun shots heard by neighbor and her husband at circa 12:31 a.m. There would not have been that much time left until 12:56 a.m. 911 call. IMO
The neighbor reported that LE told her that her clock was 8 minutes off. So it was 12:39. Even less time. But that would almost be 20 minutes from shooting Dad to the call to police. Did they not know Mom and Jayme were in the house?

Press Release

Oct 20, 2018

Investigators have received over a thousand tips and have thoroughly investigated over 800 of them. We are using every resource available, and have conducted hundreds of interviews, multiple searches, and are using the technical and forensic expertise of our state and federal resources to locate the person or persons who committed this offense and to locate Jayme.

I want to reiterate to the public that I am committed to releasing accurate, credible information in a timely fashion to the public. We know bringing Jayme home is your highest priority too. It’s important to understand that our investigation progresses, we are constantly learning new information that guides our progress. This can cause some confusion when the information comes from an outside source. I am the only source of credible information related to this investigation and I will update the public each day, just as I have since this investigation began.

Lastly, we want to send our heartfelt thanks to the citizens of Barron County for the outpouring of support and gratitude for those investigators working so hard to bring Jayme home. It’s been brought to my attention that we have received thank you cards from the community. I’ve directed those cards to be placed in the area that investigators pass through to grab food and pop when they have a few minutes in between covering leads, interviews, and analysis of an incredible amount of information. This way, I can ensure that those investigators working around the clock are sure to see them.

Every tip is important. The tip line is 1-855-744-3879.

Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff

BBM. But he isn't updating the public daily. The last update I saw was here where he clarified some things to that publication, not the public.

Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

I am by no means bashing this man. He is doing his ultimate best in solving this, as are all members of LE involed in this.

I haven’t been on WS for awhile, since the Tricia Todd case. Her and her ex husband were classmates of mine.

This case is baffling. IF the Radar source is correct, there is another way they could know she’s 100% alive. The FBI and the NCFMEC routinely look on the dark web for missing kids. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about, but if she showed up online....
JMO and something I thought of when someone else posted the only ways they could be 100% sure. On the other hand, there are definitely easier ways to kidnap and not draw national attention to yourself.

I posted about Radar yesterday but it got removed before Radar changed to an approved media source. Just like any report not direct from LE I’d take it with a grain of salt, but they do have a track record of publishing correct facts before other media outlets (the most recent being Mollie Tibbetts case). Although I don’t agree with their methods, they pay sources and sometimes release things that shouldn’t be for investigative integrity, their criminal reporting is typically very reliable.

“Investigators believe that the killer came to the home with the specific intention of abducting Jayme, an FBI source told RadarOnline.com.

'There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it's an active investigation,' the source said.

'The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,' added the source.“

Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs now tops FBI missing persons list | Daily Mail Online
This is exactly why I don't understand the reasoning for allowing this source and story.

In one part of the story we have the neighbor that alleges that they heard shots at 12:31am and yet we have an alleged FBI source describing a Hollywood screenplay where everything seems to have gone down within minutes from beginning to end. The scenario described means that Denise was up and awake and was able to make it to a bathroom to barricade only herself in. Why not barricade herself in Jayme's room? Was Jayme also awake at that hour? Both stories are contradictory and FBI and the Sheriff aren't discrediting the neighbor's timing of the shots. Both of the stories can't be true.

Also, if Denise had barricaded herself in the bathroom and could dial 911 why didn't she say a word? Or does the alleged FBI source have some theory of Denise dialing 911, dropping her phone somewhere, barricading herself in the bathroom and ... what? How does this even work? I don't buy this at all. The story describes a mother, contrary to everything else we have heard, that when the chips were down went to save herself and left her kid high and dry. I can't wrap my head around that. Not to mention, with Mom barricaded in the bathroom why bother with any effort to break into said bathroom just to kill her? What would be the point, if the target were Jayme? And if the target wasn't Jayme then why bother with Jayme or why wasn't Jayme found dead there as well?

Oh, and I might add the 911 call already happened and there wasn't a description in the call log of loud thumping or banging (trying to break into the bathroom allegedly) So, did this effort take place after the 911 call with only a 4 minute maximum time window ticking away?

Then we have the neighbor saying that she was told the contents of the 911 call, in part at least, and I can't imagine law enforcement would tell her anything because they wouldn't want to influence her witness statement. People need to realize that once details get into the media all of a sudden you have witnesses that incorporate that stuff into their recollections. For example, the neighbor was interviewed early and after she had already spoken with investigators. She had been interviewed by more than one media outlet over the days but now has incorporated something several days after "help" had first been mentioned. "Help" was first mentioned in the very first briefing/presser that was held with perhaps 3 or 4 reporters at around noon central time on Monday. It is the 10 minute briefing with the Sheriff wearing a hat and a hoodie.

Honestly, I don't buy any of the story at all.

The neighbor reported that LE told her that her clock was 8 minutes off. So it was 12:39. Even less time. But that would almost be 20 minutes from shooting Dad to the call to police. Did they not know Mom and Jayme were in the house?
No, not right away. In fact it took quite a bit of time to establish that there was a missing child. The mom was found upon entering the house.

Oh, that. It looks like a tie but doesn't move. I thought that was some kind of evidence tag. Stiff wire-type cord and stiff paper tag.

It's definitely inconclusive as to what is on the front left of the chair. It's also possible that it's some sort of ID tag. I suppose something like a zip tie could also look like splinters that protrude top and bottom? JMO, but I don't think that this white object is enough evidence to support the conclusion that someone was tied to this chair, which was a prevailing theory over the last few days.

It isn't possible to totally delete with the new software.
I believe the dot is posted by someone who is marking the thread where they left off. I think the comment about not being able to remove the whole post may have been a joke. At least, I thought it was funny.

When I read that style of wording, it makes me wonder if perhaps the neighbor who is giving them the interview is also saying "the FBI told me xyz when I spoke to them" and all of a sudden it's inside information from the FBI. I also think the fact that the neighbors were not actually close to the family is making it much easier for them to repeatedly tell this story to news outlets. As they were not close and not friends, they are not dealing with the heartbreak and panic that real family and friends must be experiencing. Jmo.
Good point about FBI insider detail
However..if I lived next door to a house where 2 adults where violently murdered and a child was abducted, I'd be in full-blown panic mode, every single minute.

I think the jail roster thing is interesting and here’s why:

In Rita Gutierrez’ case a POI was sitting in the local jail on related charges until they were able to forensically tie him to this case 2 or so months later. Meanwhile the public didn’t know he was in jail, as the police did not release this.
But if this were the case, wouldn't law enforcement be executing search warrants on houses and properties connected to an individual in custody on other charges? I mean, Jayme is still out there alive or dead. If this were the scenario that would mean that law enforcement saying their focus is to find Jayme is all a lie as they would be sitting on their hands waiting to connect said person to the murders of the parents and then what, hope they can trade the death penalty (if there is one in Wisconsin) for Jayme sometime later?

I don't see this scenario at play.

Wait..are we sure which way her clock was off by 8 minutes? Another article said she looked at the clock and it was 12:38, sheriff said clock was 8 minutes off, so that's how it became 12:30. gah discrepancies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back