MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he was keeping tabs on what, if anything, (pun intended), was happening as regards to JOK. Were any reports/calls coming in? Had a neighbor reported anything? Had one of the party goers reported anything? Had Karen Read reported anything?
Had the body been discovered?

I still think BH’s Jeep with a plow had some role in either the event itself or the coverup. Too much was bandied about as far as that jeep. It was there. It wasn’t there. It was in the driveway. It plowed the driveway, even though there was no snow to plow at that point. It backed out of the driveway to make room for another vehicle. It parked by the mailbox.
Is there any chance JOK’s body was carried from the house into the jeep while it was at the top of the driveway and then backed down so it could be moved onto the lawn, shielded by the Edge, when most of the party goers had left? The Edge was left on the street until enough snow accumulated to hide the body.
Why would the body be left on the lawn instead of taken away somewhere? They were all drunk. All though it was late and the storm was getting worse, and few people were on the roads, a vehicle stopped in a populated area on a stormy night would draw attention. No one wanted to be caught with a dead body in their car.
To their booze fuddled brains, it sounded like a great idea.

“After leaving the Albert home, Higgins said he went to the Canton Police Department, where he had an office and stored his ATF vehicles. He said he went there to move his work vehicles to a different area of the parking lot so the lot could be plowed that night.”
What a thoughtful guy!
Thanks! Makes sense! Do we know if anyone was at the police station that night besides him? I mean, I'm assuming it's open 24/7, but I don't really have any experience with that so maybe not? Was he the only one there?

I think he was keeping tabs on what, if anything, (pun intended), was happening as regards to JOK. Were any reports/calls coming in? Had a neighbor reported anything? Had one of the party goers reported anything? Had Karen Read reported anything?

I still think BH’s Jeep with a plow had some role in either the event itself or the coverup. Too much was bandied about as far as that jeep. It was there. It wasn’t there. It was in the driveway. It plowed the driveway, even though there was no snow to plow at that point. It backed out of the driveway to make room for another vehicle. It parked by the mailbox.
Is there any chance JOK’s body was carried from the house into the jeep while it was at the top of the driveway and then backed down so it could be moved onto the lawn, shielded by the Edge, when most of the party goers had left? The Edge was left on the street until enough snow accumulated to hide the body.
Why would the body be left on the lawn instead of taken away somewhere? They were all drunk. All though it was late and the storm was getting worse, and few people were on the roads, a vehicle stopped in a populated area on a stormy night would draw attention. No one wanted to be caught with a dead body in their car.

“After leaving the Albert home, Higgins said he went to the Canton Police Department, where he had an office and stored his ATF vehicles. He said he went there to move his work vehicles to a different area of the parking lot so the lot could be plowed that night.”
What a thoughtful guy!
I agree. BH plowing the driveway did not make sense. My thought is that if a neighbor claimed they heard noise they would explain it away with this, and that ‘he dropped his plow and it scraped the ground’.

What a thoughtful guy!
bullseye, I concur.

What a thoughtful guy!
Keep in mind that Higgins didn't just plow the driveway when he got to 34 Fairview. He also testified that he scraped the plow as he left. Interesting detail for him to mention.

Here he is talking about it with Alan Jackson at 5:29:56:

Last edited:
Keep in mind that Higgins didn't just plow the driveway when he got to 34 Fairview. He also testified that he scraped the plow as he left. Interesting detail for him to mention.

scraped it of a light misting of snow..
not the brightest, is he?

That noise is like chalk on a blackboard. It also leaves a scrape mark on the pavement.
Hmmmmm………. Why would you want to draw attention to that?

Thanks! Makes sense! Do we know if anyone was at the police station that night besides him? I mean, I'm assuming it's open 24/7, but I don't really have any experience with that so maybe not? Was he the only one there?
I’m sure they probably have an overnight shift with at least one patrol supervisor, a desk sergeant, and a few patrol units. They may also have an on duty detective or one on call. As of 2021 they had 45 law enforcement officers for the town of 24k+. It is a relatively well to do town with a low crime rate so most resources would be assigned to the day and first night shift.
They key card entries would give us a good idea of who was in the station that night, but I have a feeling they’re not sharing.

What a thoughtful guy!
Great post @OldCop! I've long believed the Edge and the Jeep were being manipulated on the street to obstruct any visual of JOK from any neighborhood ring cameras which miraculously NEVER surfaced. Not even from the LE who lived on the block -- including the homeowner, BA.

I'll never understand how this could be. A groups so skilled with butt dialing had no ring cameras? Really? SMH. MOO

I’m sure they probably have an overnight shift with at least one patrol supervisor, a desk sergeant, and a few patrol units. They may also have an on duty detective or one on call. As of 2021 they had 45 law enforcement officers for the town of 24k+. It is a relatively well to do town with a low crime rate so most resources would be assigned to the day and first night shift.
They key card entries would give us a good idea of who was in the station that night, but I have a feeling they’re not sharing.
One of the cops on duty that night testified that he saw BH on camera at the station. I forget the cop's name, but he was on duty as dispatcher. He testified in the early days of the trial that he couldn't remember if he saw Higgins on camera or in person; he had the recall that he saw him pass by in front of him at some point. The same cop who knew the Alberts and who made arrangements to leave his duty (dispatch desk) that morning by getting someone else in to take his shift while he drove out to the Alberts directly to insert himself into the investigation without being authorized to do so. I think it was either Goode or Lank but it may be someone else.
MOO.

Last edited:
One of the cops on duty that night testified that he saw BH on camera at the station. I forget the cop's name, but he was on duty as dispatcher. He testified in the early days of the trial that he couldn't remember if he saw Higgins on camera or in person; he had the recall that he saw him pass by in front of him at some point. The same cop who knew the Alberts and who made arrangements to leave his duty (dispatch desk) that morning by getting someone else in to take his shift while he drove out to the Alberts directly to insert himself into the investigation without being authorized to do so. I think it was either Goode or Lank but it may be someone else.
MOO.
You are right. I forgot about that. Thanks, @Forest_Wood.

Great post @OldCop! I've long believed the Edge and the Jeep were being manipulated on the street to obstruct any visual of JOK from any neighborhood ring cameras which miraculously NEVER surfaced. Not even from the LE who lived on the block -- including the homeowner, BA.

I'll never understand how this could be. A groups so skilled with butt dialing had no ring cameras? Really? SMH. MOO
Thanks, @Seattle1. Also, lest we forget, the Canton cop who lived across the street did not turn over his Ring video, but reviewed it himself and said he didn’t see anything unusual; so he taped over it.

A few random thoughts:
Almost everything about BH’s testimony is hinkey to me. He seemed to try to distance himself and intentions towards KR during his testimony. While the texts were read and he questioned her a couple of times about what she wanted I think he wasn’t as leary as he tried to make it seem on the stand. Also their actual get together where he said it felt weird or awkward or whatever he said, I question that. Maybe she was the one who felt awkward and left. And who kissed who when BH was leaving JOKs house after the football game. He said she kissed him but I don’t know, I think he probably kissed her. Probably felt ok doing that since they had been flirting. I just remember that when asked by a reporter if she was going to testify she said she’s leaving it up to her lawyers but she would like to in part to clear up the “lies” that had been told on the stand by others. I took that to mean at least in part BH’s testimony.

And all the weird mention of the jeep/snowplow activity at the Albert’s that night. The maneuvering of vehicles at the police station that night/early am after a long day of travel then late night drinking. Don’t these people ever go to bed?

He was one of the first to leave the A’s that night. Shortly after JOK arrived. He claims that he left because he didn’t like beer and that’s supposedly the only thing the Albert’s were offering (does anyone believe that?). He doesn’t like beer so he left. I’m sorry but imo BH liked to drink and he would have had beer if that’s all they had. He got out of there quickly for another reason imo. And I read that BH went into rehab after this event. And was there some time off work as well? Did anyone hear that? I forget where I read those things.

Of course the butt dials. So ridiculous I can’t believe he/they thought anyone would believe that. But what else could they say? And some people apparently do believe that I guess.

I also see a posting of BA in a sling sometime after that night. Not sure if that is related to that night - anyone else see that?

Did anyone interview BH on Jan 29th? Wonder if he had any signs of having been in a fight.

Just a few things I wonder about. MOO

Thanks, @Seattle1. Also, lest we forget, the Canton cop who lived across the street did not turn over his Ring video, but reviewed it himself and said he didn’t see anything unusual; so he taped over it.

I guess him not seeing anything unusual wouldn't be helpful to either side, but I wish he'd been called as a witness so we could see him telling this story...

IMO MOO

A few random thoughts:
Almost everything about BH’s testimony is hinkey to me. He seemed to try to distance himself and intentions towards KR during his testimony. While the texts were read and he questioned her a couple of times about what she wanted I think he wasn’t as leary as he tried to make it seem on the stand. Also their actual get together where he said it felt weird or awkward or whatever he said, I question that. Maybe she was the one who felt awkward and left. And who kissed who when BH was leaving JOKs house after the football game. He said she kissed him but I don’t know, I think he probably kissed her. Probably felt ok doing that since they had been flirting. I just remember that when asked by a reporter if she was going to testify she said she’s leaving it up to her lawyers but she would like to in part to clear up the “lies” that had been told on the stand by others. I took that to mean at least in part BH’s testimony.

And all the weird mention of the jeep/snowplow activity at the Albert’s that night. The maneuvering of vehicles at the police station that night/early am after a long day of travel then late night drinking. Don’t these people ever go to bed?

He was one of the first to leave the A’s that night. Shortly after JOK arrived. He claims that he left because he didn’t like beer and that’s supposedly the only thing the Albert’s were offering (does anyone believe that?). He doesn’t like beer so he left. I’m sorry but imo BH liked to drink and he would have had beer if that’s all they had. He got out of there quickly for another reason imo. And I read that BH went into rehab after this event. And was there some time off work as well? Did anyone hear that? I forget where I read those things.

Of course the butt dials. So ridiculous I can’t believe he/they thought anyone would believe that. But what else could they say? And some people apparently do believe that I guess.

I also see a posting of BA in a sling sometime after that night. Not sure if that is related to that night - anyone else see that?

Did anyone interview BH on Jan 29th? Wonder if he had any signs of having been in a fight.
TThe
Just a few things I wonder about. MOO
Very suspect that BH! He testified he left between 12:30-1:00. Others testified he left at 1:30 though but he scanned into work at 1:30. Perhaps BH was outside at 12:30 (when John arrived), waited for John to exit Karen's SUV, and I believe something occurred between him and John outside. And I believe those are dog bites on John’s arm (deep scratches on either side and biting right at the elbow which is a defensive position of a person being attacked by a dog. He stuck his right arm out to protect himself and the dog lunged at his elbow with both paws gripping either side of the elbow). I believe he left the Albert’s in a hurry or a panic and went to his work as some sort of alibi and to figure out his next step, and yes, possibly to check when the call would come in for JOK missing. The body was left somewhere hidden and later, dumped on the yard. His jeep was never tracked during those hours I don’t believe. Lucky said he saw a Ford Edge but it could have been his jeep and maybe Lucky was mistaken even though he seemed confident it was a Ford Edge. The 2:22 am butt calls to/from BA could have been to arrange to use his truck as a shield. Maybe he just got the keys himself from inside unlocked front door but with BAs permission. Then the coverup by at least BH and BA.
MOO

Last edited:
The Karen Read Defense Fund has grown to over $413,000!!!! And it's still growing! That is just incredible to me. Enough people believe in her innocence to donate almost a half a million dollars!!! That's not chump change. I'm astonished that it's that large. That is some kind of powerful commentary on how people feel about the town of Canton, the state of Massachusetts and the way people are rebelling against them. I'd imagine that's going to grow substantially if they decide to retry her.

People are putting their money where their mouth's are. Just as a comparison's sake I looked up Richard Allen's Defense Fund ( it's the only other case I know of which has a Defense Fund) which is using the same financial service as Read's and it's at $40,220. Totally different cases I know but there are allegations of police misconduct as well as a questionable biased judge in that case as well. Although nowhere near the level that appears to be going on in Canton. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ
Back