AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree! I am really surprised they hadn't done this sooner! Especially on a weekend!
I agree 2k volunteers are a lot of volunteers. Sometimes it is better on weekdays as then the kids are in school. But on the other hand with most families both parents are working just to make ends meet. This tragic event has much interest, especially in northern WI so I would not be surprised if they get the number of volunteers requested. The locals are the warmest, friendliest people with the biggest hearts and extremely generous. I really think the Sheriff's Office is doing a great job, granted it has only been a week. I have no doubts whatsoever this case will be solved. I won't be back up there until the 10th of Nov but if they need people then I would gladly volunteer. Grew up in Rice Lake but graduated 50 years ago. Although I never moved back once I got out of the military I still call it home.

I posted this last night, but it was just as the thread closed so I'll ask again.

Is it possible that the perps could have parked on the north side of the woods on these unused railroad tracks? It would make sense. The suspect flees with Jayme north through the woods and gets to the lone vehicle at the tracks. Going east on those tracks leads back out to a highway. It's in the complete opposite direction of where the police would have been coming. Just something to think about.

ujwyJUO.jpg

I'm not local but I think its definitely possible. There have been other cases where railroad tracks were used by getaway vehicles or atv's. If this is the case, and I definitely think its possible, I think it shows this was definitely someone local and this was planned. JMO

You've done this a lot haven't you?
How easily is it to kick the door in with sandals and socks on? ;)
Haaaaaaa. You win.

In movies and tv shows, especially comedies, the door comes straight off the hinges and falls right into the doorway.

In reality though, the locking mechanism breaks, and the door swings open.

I had never heard of them either. I did research at the time, in our county you needed a special permit/approval from the health officer with proof that it was a temporary solution or that your soil was incompatible with regular septic. The house we were looking at was a remodeled ancient schoolhouse, so it was a weird situation. They had just remodeled it and were hoping to pawn it off on someone willing to put in the cost for septic.

I don't know if this would be what the Closs's had, just my random thought on the situation! Regular septic tanks should NOT need to be pumped that often. It is usually between 200-300 a pump unless you have a connection.
I wonder, did they own their home, or were they renters?

I'm not local but I think its definitely possible. There have been other cases where railroad tracks were used by getaway vehicles or atv's. If this is the case, and I definitely think its possible, I think it shows this was definitely someone local and this was planned. JMO

I mean there could be trails in that part of the area which would speed up their escape even more. Get to the tracks and no one is going to see you because the tracks are not used anymore...or at least they dont look to be from the pictures. You got a straight shot to the highway. Would explain why police didn't report passing another vehicle. I hope they're looking into that.

i think there's significance to James being shot basically right away. I'm no criminologist (i just play one on the internet!) but it seems like usually with home burglaries if the residents are home, the perps will tie them up. If they're there to steal, I don't think criminals usually kill straight away before they've even gone through the home. It's possible James was fighting and maybe even had grabbed a gun so the perp felt threatened, but my gut feeling is that shooting him right away means they definitely went there wanting him (and D) dead. .

Wonder if James came to door with a gun and was shot instantly by perp. If so, harder to know if perp was always going to kill them, imo.

Just saw the press release from the sheriff office where they youare asking for 2000 volunteers tomorrow morning for another search.
Hopefully they are getting closer

ETA

Press Release-Need for Volunteers

October 22, 2018

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald extends his appreciation to the community for their assistance in supplying tips as the search continues for missing & endangered 13 year old Jayme Closs of Barron, Wisconsin.

Once again, we are requesting the public’s assistance on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, in conducting an expanded routine search for articles of evidentiary value that may be related to the incident.

Two thousand volunteers are needed and should report to the staging area at 1883 Hwy 25, Barron WI, also known as The Hungry Hollow Grounds at the intersection of Hwy 25 and 19th Ave no later than 9:00 a.m. All volunteers must be registered at the staging area in order to participate in the search. Barron County officials will register all volunteers until 9:00 a.m., gates will close promptly at that time. We hope to be completed by 4pm.

Volunteers must be 18 years or older and present a picture form of identification. Volunteers must be able to walk on uneven terrain. Proper footwear (boots required) and cold weather clothing are required and may become dirty or stained.

Once we have 2,000 able-bodied volunteers, we will need to turn additional people away. Please continue to monitor Barron County Sheriff’s Office Facebook homepage and the FBI Milwaukee #FindJayme twitter postings, should we need additional volunteers in the future, we will make those requests via social media.

Please do not call, 2,000 volunteers is our maximum need at this time.

Continue to phone in tips, every tip is important:
1-855-744-3879

Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff

Omg...this horrifies me. It's like they may think he kidnapped little Jayme but may have murdered her shortly afterward and may have discarded her body in the area.

They may feel this way now because no one is missing from the surrounding areas. He/they could be hiding in plain sight.

Jmo

I think that’s just what they think they will need. I’m sure there’s some mathematical calculation involved, regarding the search area.

I’m curious to see if they will be able to get this many searchers, especially on a weekday.
That sounds like half the town!! They are going to also need to set up water stations, etc. We brought our own food when searching for Caylee.

BBM Interesting how everyone assumes its a male.
well, it most likely is based on stats and previous such crimes. BUT i will say, looking at Barron Co criminal activity, there are a number of females booked in the jail and i have even found home invasions in the area where females were involved. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility at all that a woman/women could be among the perp(s) IMO

So....... forgive me if this sounds stupid but I don’t know anything about dance as a sport/hobby/activity (I was and still am a tomboy) a couple questions;

When dance practice or activities (or shows, competitions? Not sure of proper terminology) are going on can anyone come and watch/observe? Are they open to the public?

Just wondering if it would be possible for someone to develop some kind of unhealthy obsession by going to watch young girls dance. Or maybe someone who had abnormal tendencies already could get in to watch dance practice and become infatuated with one child and then stalk her?

I am having difficulty wording my idea so that it makes sense.

I guess the reason I thought of that I occasionally work at a very rural middle school where the gym is always open, and often members of the public will walk in and sit in bleachers to watch girls volleyball practice, or gymnastics, etc. I have wondered about the safety of that since the school door is unlocked and people come and go. No signing in or anything. It seems people who aren’t parents or family just walk in to observe, probably because there is y much else to do in this rural area.

Omg...this horrifies me. It's like they may think he kidnapped little Jayme but may have murdered her shortly afterward and may have discarded her body in the area.

They may feel this way now because no one is missing from the surrounding areas. He/they could be hiding in plain sight.

Jmo
It seems to me more likely than not that the assailants probably did murder her within a couple hours. This is maybe the kind of search they need to be doing.

That sounds like half the town!! They are going to also need to set up water stations, etc. We brought our own food when searching for Caylee.
For the last search along the 14-mile stretch of highway, they told volunteers to bring their own water.

With this number of people, I am assuming (hoping!) they have specific info.

Does anyone recall a search party this large before?

jmo

I was looking at the Google map of the area last night and noticed that along side the train tracks there is a fairly wide trail. Runs to roads at both ends.

It seems to me more likely than not that the assailants probably did murder her within a couple hours. This is maybe the kind of search they need to be doing.

That kinda surprises me. I've thought all along that theres no way they go in and murder and abduct because it causes immediate police interest. Whereas abduction with no parents around can lead to a few hours before it's even noticed their missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070