AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I speculated previously that perhaps the home landline/internet was cut by the perps and perhaps they could not get a good signal inside their house. That could also explain why the 911 call dropped and when the operator tried to call back she could not get through. Some locals said this area may not have good cell coverage but I have not seen it confirmed yet what cell coverage was like in their house or right there on the street. Can anyone find the nearest cell towers?
Here's a great source for cell tower locations - map focused on Barron, WI:
Who's the Best Carrier In Barron? 63 People Agree It's This.

It appears there's a cell tower just to the east of their house near Anderson Dairy.

so they're searching another area that could have been used. My question is, why the specific number?
I think that’s just what they think they will need. I’m sure there’s some mathematical calculation involved, regarding the search area.

I’m curious to see if they will be able to get this many searchers, especially on a weekday.

None of the undocumented immigrants who knew CR came forward even with the $230k and likely amnesty they would get for providing information on Mollie's murder. I can't imagine a situation more perfect for enticing someone to come forward with more information. And yet, nothing. I do not think people are actually motivated with rewards in cases of murder. If you have a conscience, you will come forward without payment. If you don't want to get involved or have enough to hide yourself, no monetary payment will entice you.

In that case I think they just didn't know he was involved. (Could go down a whole rabbit hole of other reasons an undocumented person may be scared of reporting a crime, but that could derail the thread and doesn't have anything to do with Jayme so I'll leave it be.)

Though I agree with the sentiment. I don't know how someone can live with knowing that they have information that could lead to solving a serious crime and not say anything.

The rescue mission is something I’m thinking about now too, remembering the Blanchard case. Not suggesting the family situation was the same in any way or that Jayme is involved, just thinking what he did to “rescue” Gypsy.
Yes, the Rambo kicking in of the door,etc. speaks to the possibility of a delusional “rescue”.

If this theory proves out, then we have a much greater chance of this little princess still being alive.
Poor baby.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes, the Rambo kicking in of the door,etc. speaks to the possibility of a delusional “rescue”.

If this theory proves out, then we have a much greater chance of this little princess still being alive.
Poor baby.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I think that it is more likely that kicking in the door was purely practical, and simply an effort to gain entry to the house.

I don’t think it is indicative of what was going on his mind.

How common are meth-induced home invasions?

I live in an area with a bad meth problem. Home invasion is pretty common with meth addicts, however they almost never break in when someone is home. Meth is usually a rural area problem. And in rural areas most people have guns. Also, people keep thinking this could have been done in a meth induced haze, but that's not likely either. Usually once they get their kick, they relax. But they can start to trip and break in on someone but it's not for robbery, it's because they are freaking out. But again, that's not common.

Great catch Rainynights! Thank you for the screenshots. It's hard to see through the trees but it looks like there are no stairs going from the deck to the back yard? I think that is important to note-- where the deck stairs are located-- if there was a gunman at the front door it might have been impossible to get out via the side deck without being seen/heard by the person trying to break in. But it could be a convenient exit to the front if the perp wanted to avoid having to step over James' body in the front doorway. JMO.

ETA: Wait, on second look it seems that there may not be any deck stairs at all? What do you all think?
See how there is no top railing in my circle? There could possibly be stairs there as there is a gap of the top railing.

Attachments

• today-show-still.jpg
    today-show-still.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics