AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is old, but they are now asking for 2000 volunteers to help search for JC, instead of 100.

“Fitzgerald told The Associated Press on Monday that “something triggered” the decision to conduct another ground search that starts Tuesday, but he declined to elaborate. He said he didn’t know the exact area of the search but said it would include the land around Jayme’s home near Barron, a rural western Wisconsin city about 80 miles (130 kilometers) northeast of Minneapolis.”
Sheriff Asks For 2,000 Volunteers to Help Search For Missing Wisconsin 13-Year-Old

sorry if this was already discussed but Sheriff Fitzgerald has said "searches wouldn't resume unless investigators received a tip that justified them continuing."
(from Sheriff seeks 2,000 volunteers to search for Wisconsin girl)
this plus asking for so many searchers...they must have gotten a pretty good lead. i don't feel confident that this means Jayme is still alive unfortunately, but in another way i am comforted by the fact that she may have been reunited with her parents.
Just an observation, but the sheriff seemed out of sorts on the video from this morning. I don’t have a good feeling. D,;

If they have vehicles of interest, WHY would they wait so long to tell anyone? There’s sooooo many eyes that could’ve reported something much sooner!

Having prior LE investigation experience I can tell you that some leads take a while to develop. People often recollect things later under questioning. Also some leads are tracked down and it takes a while.

THESE ARE MY PERSONAL PHOTOS.
This is (some) of what we found in JULY 2015 and what the searches would be on the lookout for .
Moo
We had a homeless guy here who lived in a tent and bicycled all over. He got hit by a car one night and ended up in ER. When he r
2000 volunteers across 7 directions (due west already searched, so NW, N, NE, E, SE, S, SW)...285 people per sector, or 47 groups of 6 each sector...I bet any resident or business owner that complains is immediately suspected.
Maybe want to cover a large area before the weather turns. Rain coming.

Barron, WI 10-Day Forecast | Weather Underground

Sorry if this is old, but they are now asking for 2000 volunteers to help search for JC, instead of 100.

“Fitzgerald told The Associated Press on Monday that “something triggered” the decision to conduct another ground search that starts Tuesday, but he declined to elaborate. He said he didn’t know the exact area of the search but said it would include the land around Jayme’s home near Barron, a rural western Wisconsin city about 80 miles (130 kilometers) northeast of Minneapolis.”
Sheriff Asks For 2,000 Volunteers to Help Search For Missing Wisconsin 13-Year-Old
Damn. That doesn't sound good. Just damn.

Just an observation, but the sheriff seemed out of sorts on the video from this morning. I don’t have a good feeling. D,;

The nation is watching him, while he handles a murder investigation with a missing child. This is probably taking a toll on him. He’s probably losing sleep. It’s been a week.

I think one reason for the large scale search is try to get the perp nervous and to make some mistakes. And to put the pressure on his psyche. There wasn’t a lot of time in & out of there. I’m sure he/she/they are racking their brains trying to figure out if they inadvertently left clues behind. And with 2,000 people searching the area chances are they’re pretty scared something might be found. Imo

For those who are having technical difficulties, I encourage you to post about them on this thread:

Welcome To Websleuths # 4

You can tag Tricia and WS Admin to call their attention to the post. They like it if you can provide the device you're using, software, etc.

Hopefully the issues will be resolved soon.
Thank you @flute4peace! This is really helpful.

I drove through Houston this afternoon and was expecting a billboard, but I did not see one.

Got to the hotel just in time for the PC...

Black bears don’t do much but tip your garbage can or push over a bird feeder.

If you would get between mama and cub, then trouble, But otherwise they are only a nuisance.
Bears got into an unexpected delivery of meat when we were away. Debris was found strewn in a 250 ft radius, but dogs may have contributed as well. Terrible thought.

Regarding the presser, thought exists the sheriff will communicate the fact that Jayme has likely been killed, thus the number of volunteers requested; others, of course, suggest it'll just be another in the series of publicly unhelpful conferences - which, at least, would be better than the first possibility.

Smart money on the latter. Thoughts? Third paths?

Hopefully it's just because he's under a lot of pressure. I can't imagine Barron with its 3K population sees many homicides, nevermind one as crazy as this. On top of that they've got the nation watching.

When I looked on their website earlier it was dominated by drug related offences and probation violation. On a side note I'm amazed that you Americans have access to things like that! There'd be uproar here in the UK if you could see who's been arrested, for what and their mugshots!

Regarding the presser, thought exists the sheriff will communicate the fact that Jayme has likely been killed, thus the number of volunteers requested; others, of course, suggest it'll just be another in the series of publicly unhelpful conferences - which, at least, would be better than the first possibility.

Smart money on the latter. Thoughts? Third paths?
He’s going to identify “vehicles of interest” according to a reporter who has proved reliable. I linked the Twitter post a page or two back.

He is not going to say that she is dead, unless they have her body. They don’t, as far as we know.

On another note, I was farting around on google maps when someone said something about Jayme going on the back road by her house. What about the one in front?

On foot it would’ve taken them 20 some odd minutes to get to the next road where a vehicle could’ve been waiting, and 2 minutes via vehicle.

I realize the SS uploaded would utilize the road if they ran, but I assume it would’ve been a straight shot across the street, through that field.

Attachments

• 9524C5D5-BC44-4EA9-9A63-F7E21904F9BD.png
    9524C5D5-BC44-4EA9-9A63-F7E21904F9BD.png
    751.3 KB · Views: 38
  • A69450DB-1456-4CD5-91E5-7626044B61DB.png
    A69450DB-1456-4CD5-91E5-7626044B61DB.png
    780.7 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online