AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a dumb question but what sort of evidence would lead LE to be so certain Jayme was abducted and is in danger, as they have said?
If LE comes upon the scene and finds a male & female dead from gun shot wounds and sees evidence of a female teen living there, how did they know she wasn't just staying with a friend that night? I'm not questioning the validity of their finding, I'm genuinely wondering what sort of evidence made them certain that she was abducted and in danger so quickly after responding after the 911 call.

Yeah, it would be nice to see a firm answer on this. If the alert was okayed for this missing child then all future missing children should have one when no vehicle or suspect is known.

I edited my post, but please read this link: AMBER Alert - Guidelines

It looks like jurisdictions CAN issue alerts when no vehicle or suspect is known; it sounds like it is a judgement call from that jurisdiction. JMO, MOO.

How secluded is their home ?
I'm wondering as the abduction of Shasta Groene and her brother by J. Duncan happened b/c he observed them at an outdoor bbq... if I have my facts straight.
Could someone have been watching the family from a road ?
Good grief, I just posted this myself and then I read your post- we seem to always think alike, Liet! This is the first scenario that goes through my mind- Shasta and her family.

I wonder how you people that live these cases sleep. These cases can be horrifying.

It's very rare for things like this to happen. But you should be careful about who you talk to online. Listen to your parents (they do know some things about how to keep you safe) and don't be in any hurry to grow up. Just some friendly advice. :)

This may be a dumb question but what sort of evidence would lead LE to be so certain Jayme was abducted and is in danger, as they have said?
If LE comes upon the scene and finds a male & female dead from gun shot wounds and sees evidence of a female teen living there, how did they know she wasn't just staying with a friend that night? I'm not questioning the validity of their finding, I'm genuinely wondering what sort of evidence made them certain that she was abducted and in danger so quickly after responding after the 911 call.

There's evidence she lives there. She's missing. I don't think the word "abduction" has been used. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I edited my post, but please read this link: AMBER Alert - Guidelines

It looks like jurisdictions CAN issue alerts when no vehicle or suspect is known; it sounds like it is a judgement call from that jurisdiction. JMO, MOO.

I think given the specific situation here: both parents were killed and the child was removed from the house in the middle of the night, they are comfortable sending an alert so if anyone sees her with anyone they will immediately call LE.

But I too thought there must be a car. It looks like most jurisdictions read the recommendation that "sufficient information be known about the abduction" to mean description of the car and perpetrator. Here they may think the last known location and description of the child is enough given the immediacy of the imminent danger. I.e. this person has already killed two adults, it is very likely the person would kill again - either the abducted child or someone that comes in contact with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim