AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant Juice as in more detailed information that can be used for further sleuthing... Maybe I'm not using appropriate expressions...

IMO sleuthing into her deceased parents’ financial information from years ago is not where we want to go with this right now. Something incredibly tragic happened that night and they lost their lives - we must be respectful.

My guess is they were able to hear more from that 911 call than they are revealing in regards to the certainty of Jayme being "missing & endangered"

It was reported that no one actually spoke to the dispatcher on the 911 call, but rather a plea for help was heard from someone in the background on the call. That is odd. Could someone have called from a few feet away from an online computer? How do you make a call when you are not near the phone or, if you do make a call, why not speak when your call is answered? I feel a little sick when I think of possible answers to that question.

It was 34 here in GB last night. It was probably 25-30 up north.
I didn't even think about weather being in Florida, did we ever get a street address names of hwys or parks nearby? I pray she wasn't dragged out thru the cold.. the fear she must being going thru..

Last edited:
It was reported that no one actually spoke to the dispatcher on the 911 call, but rather a plea for help was heard from someone in the background on the call. That is odd. Could someone have called from a few feet away from an online computer? How do you make a call when you are not near the phone or, if you do make a call, why not speak when your call is answered?
Do we have the audio?

IMO sleuthing into her deceased parents’ financial information from years ago is not where we want to go with this right now. Something incredibly tragic happened that night and they lost their lives - we must be respectful.

Thanks for your input. When there is literally no information about the suspect or vehicle, any bit of information can be helpful... js.

I didn't even think about weather being in Florida, did we ever get a street address names of hwys or parks nearby? I pray she wasn't dragged out thru the cold.. the fear she must being going thru..
Snow was on the ground... but sadly it probably melted. According to the scene video, it did. If LE took pictures of the snow, it could help potentially set the scene.

Hey Man!
Welcome! I'm new here too. Good information!
@WisconsinSleuth02

Please use the reply button (bottom right-hand side of each post) when you are responding to a post or asking a poster a question. Otherwise, it can make it difficult to understand who you’re talking to. Thank you. ;)

Last edited:
It was reported that no one actually spoke to the dispatcher on the 911 call, but rather a plea for help was heard from someone in the background on the call. That is odd. Could someone have called from a few feet away from an online computer? How do you make a call when you are not near the phone or, if you do make a call, why not speak when your call is answered?

Someone could have called and the perpetrator could have realized what was happening and knocked the phone out of their hands or assaulted them or threatened them in some way. I think this is a relatively common phenomena in high risk situations, like active shooters since people can’t speak if they are hiding. It could also be possible that it was Jayme or some witness calling and hiding/being silent in order to not be noticed by the perpetrator and it was her parents yelling for help. I think many scenarios could led to that call.

It was reported that no one actually spoke to the dispatcher on the 911 call, but rather a plea for help was heard from someone in the background on the call. That is odd. Could someone have called from a few feet away from an online computer? How do you make a call when you are not near the phone or, if you do make a call, why not speak when your call is answered? I feel a little sick when I think of possible answers to that question.
My guess is one of the parents had time to dial 911 but they didn't have time to talk. MOO.

@WisconsinSleuth02

Please use the reply button (bottom right-hand side of each post) when you are responding to a post or asking that poster a question. Otherwise, it can make it difficult to understand who you’re talking to. Thank you. ;)
Sorry. I've been doing it for everybody else but him *facepalm*

Thanks. That makes sense. I think LE has known since finding the two bodies it was a double homicide.

I never thought murder suicide. That wouldnt make sense since Jayme..is missing.

These poor parents. Gone now forever and their daughter is out there somewhere hopefully alive.

Someone wanted Jayme badly enough to murder two people in order to take her.

Whoever this is they knew her parents would stand in the way so they couldn't take her. I think they were murdered for that very reason. Whomever this is knew they would protect their daughter from being taken and kidnapped by the suspect.

May they find her before it's too late. I want to believe this will end well but this isn't about someone running off with their daughter without their knowledge.

This person is very bold and dangerous who will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

Shasta and Dylan were spotted while in their front yard playing under a water sprinkler when Duncan spotted them for the first time.

This is a terrifying set of circumstances.

Imo

Correct. I understand it to have been sort of like an open line where a plea for help was heard. It was also stated some where (?) that some yelling was heard by the dispatcher in the background. They were going back to re-listen to the call and I bet that's how they are certain Jayme was taken and is in danger. Maybe she called 911 and dropped the phone, everything was recorded by 911, and they went over it with a fine tooth comb and heard something to indicate she was taken. Just moo

You can use voice recognition to call 911 by voice command on smart phones. Kyle Plush, the boy who died trapped in a third row seat in a minivan, called 911 twice using voice recognition. The phone acts like its in speaker phone mode.

On a land line, you can obviously dial 911 or an emergency button and just drop the receiver.

Well-expirenced sluethers, has their been cases with sex offenders murdering parents? Seems odd.

I'm not well-experienced, but it seems very unusual to me for someone to break in for purposes of a sex attack on a child in the home and to murder the parents while there. I guess it depends on the type of offender, though.

I would have thought more of a home invasion scenario by strangers where they decided to kidnap a teen girl instead of murdering her.

I'd prefer if J is hiding in the woods, scared but otherwise unharmed and can be reunited with relatives to help her through this :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim