AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright: My mind needs to make a map. Here are some cities that she could be in. I will list the miles away and the time.
Duluth, MN: 1h, 47min - 111 miles
Minneapolis, MN: 1h, 43min - 90.5 miles
Eau Claire, WI: 52min - 53.7 miles
Stevens Point, WI: 2h, 29min - 167 miles
Green Bay, WI: 3h, 27min - 229 miles
Milwaukee, WI: 4h, 19min - 296 miles
Madison, WI: 3h, 28min - 228 miles
Rhinelander, WI: 2h, 23min - 126 miles

Obviously, if the suspect was to flee, fleeing to the west would be quicker.

Sheriff: Missing 13-year-old daughter's life in danger after parents found slain in NW. Wis. home
Fitzgerald said the case is “taking a toll” on the men and women in his office under such urgent circumstances.

“We’re tired, we have families, but we are pushing through that,” he said. “It’s frustrating when we don’t have a lead. That’s why I’m begging and pleading with the public to help us share this [information].”

Fitzgerald said “we have a lot of unknowns in this case,” including who made the call to 911.

Oh no he sounds desperate. I do not think I’ve ever heard such a concretely clear statement from LE saying we have absolutely zilch.

“we don’t have a lead....begging and pleading with the public to help us... a lot of unknowns in this case...”

—-

ETA: Jumping off this, the fact that LE sounds absolutely desperate and has zilch moo, indicates to me that her/their electronic footprints so far have not been significant or informative (unless they are still waiting on warrants, etc.).

Last edited:
Hello :)
I'm brand new, but I couldn't resist.
I found some juice on the parents... The dad was divorced in 1998 and the mom (Denise) had some sort of settlement with a bank in 2011. I hope the links work...

2011CV000231 05-02-2011 Barron Closed <modsnip - full names>
1998FA000083 12-11-1998 Barron Closed <modsnip - full names>
1998FA000083 12-11-1998 Barron Closed <modsnip - full names>

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

I don't see any red flags in this info. Jayme wasn't born until 2005. So it seems likely these were both her bio parents and there is probably no custody issue (I also think we would have heard by now if that were the case). A lot of people had financial difficulty in the years just after the big recession (around 2008-2009). If her dad was a "craftsman" as stated previously on this thread he may have been in a building trade and the housing market had tanked pretty much everywhere putting builders out of work. For several years no one was paying extra for hand made furniture or custom items (if that was more his line of work-- IDK). Sounds like Jayme's parents eventually took factory jobs (reported previously on the thread they worked at Jennie-O) and may have pulled themselves out of a hard time. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was reported that no one actually spoke to the dispatcher on the 911 call, but rather a plea for help was heard from someone in the background on the call. That is odd. Could someone have called from a few feet away from an online computer? How do you make a call when you are not near the phone or, if you do make a call, why not speak when your call is answered? I feel a little sick when I think of possible answers to that question.

Maybe Jayme called 911 but had to drop the phone or hide it due to the situation? Maybe she was yelling "help" as someone dragged her out the door? Or maybe one of her parents yelled "help" while on the floor dying? :(

Oh no he sounds desperate. I do not think I’ve ever heard such a concretely clear statement from LE saying we have absolutely zilch.

“we don’t have a lead....begging and pleading with the public to help us... a lot of unknowns in this case...”
—-
ETA: jumping off this:

Jumping off this, the fact that LE sounds absolutely desperate and has zilch moo, indicates to me that her electronic footprint so far has not been significant or informative (unless they are still waiting on warrants, etc.).
No suspect(s) description, no vehicle description. :( That has to be frustrating. Hopefully, they're getting closer.
MOO

Possibly someone known to the family and was trusted by them... up until now, of course.
Which would give LE a possible clue for where to look ?
I was hoping Jayme had dropped her phone or some other electronic device (IPad ?) to let authorities know who might have abducted her ?
Hoping she didn't witness the murders ! :(

Oh my gosh LietKynes, I hope she didn’t witness the murders either, or saw their bodies. :(

(Your post just reiterated the gravity of this situation, not that it needed any reiterating, ykwim..)

What line of work brings predators into the family home? I know your heart is in the right place, but this line of questioning seems slightly accusatory toward a dead father. Is there some reason you think he was knowingly associating with predators? And why are you not asking what the mother did for a living as well? Let's keep in mind Jayme and her parents are victims according to the TOS of the site. JMO.

This doesn't seem accusatory to the father to me at all. Cody's question just made me think of Elizabeth Smart and the fact that Elizabeth's father had hired the kidnapper to do work at their home......

This doesn't seem accusatory to the father to me at all. Cody's question just made me think of Elizabeth Smart and the fact that Elizabeth's father had hired the kidnapper to do work at their home......

But...what would Elizabeth’s father’s career have to do with him hiring someone to do work at his home? Can’t people of all careers hire people to do things?

Same premise here.

Thanks. That is a scary thought. :eek: Cody and I worked it out though. ;) Since that conversation we have learned the dad was either a craftsman or factory worker. He probably was not making enough money to hire work done around their house. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo