AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed new thread for woman missing from Crow Wing county
MN, in Maroon Honda hrv. That's only 3.5 hrs from barron, WI. Could have been car jacked, vehicle used for this abduction?? Looks like she hasn't been seen since 11p 10/14. Lack of details in both cases.

What seems most likely to me is that they were all asleep. Perp attempts to enter the home for the purpose of taking Jayme, and makes too much noise. Parents are shot and he/they take Jayme. Do they have a dog? Did barking wake them up?
There is a dog pictured a few years ago as her face book profile pic, but who knows if it was theirs. It's a small dog, like a shitzu or something.

The longer they don’t have a suspect, the colder the already nonexistent trail is.

This is bad. Really bad.

But while they're looking for J, they'll have other teams doing forensics on the house. Maybe the perp has left a fingerprint in the home and they'll be able to tell that it doesn't come from one of the family? Someone who could do something like this might have their prints on record.

Danny Spewak (@DannySpewak) | Twitter

The Barron Area School District says there will be increased police presence at all buildings following the disappearance of their student, Jayme Closs. @kare11
View attachment 151387

Danny Spewak on Twitter
Good! One student missing with her parents murdered is one too many. Very happy to see the school being proactive in this. Until LE has more information about what is going on with poor Jayme, the parents and schools need to keep the kids safe and take extra precautions.

I wonder if anyone saw a man watching students recently or taking photos near the school? This is scary. It makes me think they don't have any leads that are clearly connected to Jayme or her parents.
It takes time to both obtain and analyze digital records. It’s too early to determine whether or not there is a trail here.

Just noticed new thread for woman missing from Crow Wing county
MN, in Maroon Honda hrv. That's only 3.5 hrs from barron, WI. Could have been car jacked, vehicle used for this abduction?? Looks like she hasn't been seen since 11p 10/14. Lack of details in both cases.

Wow, good find! Interesting.

The fact that this is a type of home invasion leads me to believe that perhaps this perp possibly has a previous record of robbery (and who knows what else).

I’m still trying to feel out if this is a younger perp vs older perp, but can’t tell right now IMO with such little info released.

I am also wondering if the parents were shot with TWO different weapons. I would think to shoot one, the other would run. There may have been two perpetrators. Even a man and woman.

I'm wondering- could Jayme have been shot, too? If so, was there a trail of her blood in the home?

Any foot prints or dragging marks out to where a vehicle would be parked?

Or any foot prints leading towards the back yard, where she may have tried to run off?

Probably none of the above, but just random thoughts going through my head.

BBM. I had those same thoughts too Steelslady but I didn't want to say it earlier because there was an 8th grade student posting on this thread. Whatever the scene was it had strong enough evidence for investigators to flat out say "Jayme is not a suspect in her parent's deaths" and they believe she is in danger. I'm thinking there has to be some evidence leading to those conclusions. JMO.

But...what would Elizabeth’s father’s career have to do with him hiring someone to do work at his home? Can’t people of all careers hire people to do things?

Same premise here.

Lawyers, LE, Judges,prison guards, probation/parole officers....they all have dealings with a large number of people and some of those people are very dangerous. My close relative is a divorce attorney and he has been threatened a few times. A man he represented in a divorce case murdered his ex-wife in the courthouse parking lot as they were leaving even though the client got everything he wanted out of the divorce trial. And people carry grudges for years....
Cody was not saying that only people with certain occupations hire people to do things. He was wondering if there might be a connection between the killer/abductor and the Dad's place of employment or his occupation.

I am also wondering if the parents were shot with TWO different weapons. I would think to shoot one, the other would run. There may have been two perpetrators. Even a man and woman.
It’s certainly possible, but not a requirement here. They’d know by now if that was the case (different bullet casings/ballistics).

I can think of numerous murders where both partners were shot in bed by a lone assailant.

One shot kills the first person. The second person is shot before they even have time to realize what is happening.

It takes no more than a couple seconds for someone to do this, especially if the victims are both caught unaware.

It takes time to both obtain and analyze digital records. It’s too early to determine whether or not there is a trail here.

At the minimum she had Facebook and a way to access that. In one of her pics she's used a snap chat filter. Not sure if she had snap or a friend used the filter. Depending on how active she was there could be plenty to sort through. One of the articles here mentioned the family was almost reclusive. Even though Jayme was clearly involved in extra curriculars, if outside of that she was at home, she may have had an heavy online presence (IMO). If the answer is there, I hope they find it quick. My heart hurts for this poor kid.

Maybe the 2nd shot seemed louder because the 1st one just alerted the neighbor while the 2nd shot happened when they were now listening out for it. Idk. But 2 meth addicts sound plausible as well.

I wonder if the original plan was to stay there until morning and then set the house on fire with all 3 inside.

So let's check those gas station videos. Jmo.

Well, let's face it, it probably is someone from that community or very close by it. Look at poor Ashley Johnson-Barr, the darling little girl killed on an Alaskan island recently.
It’s possible, if not likely. There’s always the possibility though, that this was someone she met online. We’ve seen people willing to travel across the country, in some cases the world, in order to fulfill their desires.

We rarely see cases like that ending in murder, but it happens.

Lawyers, LE, Judges,prison guards, probation/parole officers....they all have dealings with a large number of people and some of those people are very dangerous. My close relative is a divorce attorney and he has been threatened a few times. One of his clients murdered his ex-wife in the courthouse parking lot as they were leaving even though the client got everything he wanted out of the divorce trial. And people carry grudges for years....
Cody was not saying that only people with certain occupations hire people to do things. He was wondering if there might be a connection between the killer/abductor and the Dad's place of employment or his occupation.
It has been discovered that the Father's place of employment works hundreds of people. Anything is possible, but without more info we have no idea why this happened. I do believe this crime was done deliberately but, I have no idea as to motive. I await more info from LE or the MSM just like everyone else...... This whole family looks like "straight arrow good folks".

I'm not well-experienced, but it seems very unusual to me for someone to break in for purposes of a sex attack on a child in the home and to murder the parents while there. I guess it depends on the type of offender, though.

I would have thought more of a home invasion scenario by strangers where they decided to kidnap a teen girl instead of murdering her.

I'd prefer if J is hiding in the woods, scared but otherwise unharmed and can be reunited with relatives to help her through this :/
I've been mulling that type of scenario, too. Could this have been a robbery at the wrong address -- and the intruder(s) realized it was not the right place -- panicked and shot the parents?? Were the parents in bed when they were shot?? (I've been trying to catch-up, but haven't read all posts...)

I'm still hoping Jayme hid and then escaped when the intruder(s) left. But then I think that since LE put out the Amber Alert, they must have been fairly sure she was not in the area and was in danger.
I always hope that this time, the child/young person will be found somewhere in the area and be okay. But it rarely, rarely turns out that way...We all know that when children are taken for bad reasons, the children are often killed within 24 hours or so.
I don't like this. So many, so many children are lost to the world in just this way.

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts. :oops::oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member